Tough to beat good teams and the referees

To the "same amount of penalties" crowd, first downs by penalty:
Miami 2
OSU 5

I had a problem with two plays:
2-point conversion overturned even though there was no shot down the goal line.

Non call on Brevin on the PI, even though they were giving those out to OSU like candy.
A call there puts us at our their 36.

That's called taking points off of the board.

Ah, forget it...
catch the ball Pope and we win the **** thing anyway.

Advertisement
In all the Miami big games other than FSU the referees are biased against us.Officials have selective flag throwing. They consistently penalize us in key downs .The refs call penalties like targeting ,pass interference,and holding on us and not call them on our
opponents on obvious penalties.The calls against us our timely where the momentum of the game is at stake.The Acc sends their henchman referee crew led by Flanagan (Clemson and North Carolina game)that once I see them I know we are going to be screwed by the refs.The other night the SEC crew must of been selected by Emmert ,the vindictive and corrupt NCAA President.There is no question we lose the game because of dropped balls but how many rotten calls like pass interference were called on us and not on them for clearer penalties ?I have seen these referee crew function in SEC games .They are fair and impartial within their league play.Why not with us?The timing of the calls against us always impeccable to change the tide of the game.Frankly I am getting tired of it.Our Athletic Director must do a better job of demanding accountability and fairness from the referees and the system.
Yes the refs are bad but our play isn't necessarily helping us avoid some of those situations.

Blah blah even with bad start, still made enough plays to win if refs do their job.
No, we didn’t. That’s why we lost. Two opportunities in the 4th to tie or lead and we blew it. Stop being a ***** and blaming the refs. This is on the team.

The refs didnt cause 3-n-outs and wasted drives by our Canes' O.

The refs didn't cause missed tackles and missed gap assignments on D.
That's correct. That's who we are.
You failed to mention drops as well.

That's why we need the benefit of "borderline" calls like the overturned 2XP.
IF it is not, we go for the 2XP on our 1st TD of the 4th.
Who knows if we make it, but we're talking about a tie ball game in the end if we do.

I don’t understand how some of you are not capable of realizing that you can have both poor play and ****** officiating. I knew we were fcuked when after their first TD, kid spins the ball, throws down the U and dances and the refs just watch.

Advertisement
No, we didn’t. That’s why we lost. Two opportunities in the 4th to tie or lead and we blew it. Stop being a ***** and blaming the refs. This is on the team.
When all is said and done, this is it.
I posted in another thread showing that minimal execution in any one of our last 4 plays puts us in Jose's auto-range.

I don’t understand how some of you are not capable of realizing that you can have both poor play and ****** officiating. I knew we were fcuked when after their first TD, kid spins the ball, throws down the U and dances and the refs just watch.
For or against, whatever the outcome, you shouldn't have a feel of the refs having a fingerprint on a game.
I felt it in this one.

Advertisement
It’s not relying on the refs to win, it’s the fact that bad calls directly effect the outcome of the game.

When you overturn the 2 point conversion call on the field, with no undisputed evidence, that help costs you the game.

When you come right back and force an INT where you are going to have the ball deep in opponents territory, and it gets taken away by a bad PI call, that directly effects the outcome of the game.

If you don’t see that, I can’t help you.

Have u rewatched the game, yet?

We didn’t lose a single game because of the refs. That being said, I do think refs try to keep us down, especially ACC refs. Jimmy Johnson once said, don’t let the refs beat you. Miami has to take the game into their own hands or leave the conference.
We literally lost the bowl game because of the refs

Miami has to starting beating the crap out of teams or come close to that like they did FSU & Duke this year to eliminate that equation. Kinda hard to cheat when you have a team down like 40-3

Advertisement
Cotton Bowl verse Texas at halftime the refs went coach Erickson *****ing about penalties his reply.

“ This game is already won , don’t give a hoot “

Far cry from this Canes team of excuses, tears and blame isn’t it LOLOLOL

THIS TEAM TO FACE BAMA LOLOL

Jimmy also didn't have to deal with a bag game as prevalent and pervasive as it is now or an ncaa that watched programs cheat in broad daylight and do nothing like Miami has to nowadays. I love Jimmy to death but I refuse to ignore the facts.
The bag game was worse in the 70s and 80s.

Far worse than today and more blatant.

Advertisement
In all the Miami big games other than FSU the referees are biased against us.Officials have selective flag throwing. They consistently penalize us in key downs .The refs call penalties like targeting ,pass interference,and holding on us and not call them on our
opponents on obvious penalties.The calls against us our timely where the momentum of the game is at stake.The Acc sends their henchman referee crew led by Flanagan (Clemson and North Carolina game)that once I see them I know we are going to be screwed by the refs.The other night the SEC crew must of been selected by Emmert ,the vindictive and corrupt NCAA President.There is no question we lose the game because of dropped balls but how many rotten calls like pass interference were called on us and not on them for clearer penalties ?I have seen these referee crew function in SEC games .They are fair and impartial within their league play.Why not with us?The timing of the calls against us always impeccable to change the tide of the game.Frankly I am getting tired of it.Our Athletic Director must do a better job of demanding accountability and fairness from the referees and the system.

News flash. Catch two of those several dropped football and Miami wins this one 42-37.

Refs have always been an issue. Have to overcome.

This was Oklahoma State, too—not Oklahoma. Second-rate program. Miami should've won that game. Period.

A little bit of everything but mostly it was not something that we couldn't have overcome.... dubious calls, I agree.. but

Bottomline, we came out totally unprepared to play and got schooled

Last edited:
Cotton Bowl verse Texas at halftime the refs went coach Erickson *****ing about penalties his reply.

“ This game is already won , don’t give a hoot “

Far cry from this Canes team of excuses, tears and blame isn’t it LOLOLOL

THIS TEAM TO FACE BAMA LOLOL
You have some really odd takes on the team as a “fan”.

Advertisement
Back