Tough to beat good teams and the referees

DancingBear

Recruit
Premium
In all the Miami big games other than FSU the referees are biased against us.Officials have selective flag throwing. They consistently penalize us in key downs .The refs call penalties like targeting ,pass interference,and holding on us and not call them on our
opponents on obvious penalties.The calls against us our timely where the momentum of the game is at stake.The Acc sends their henchman referee crew led by Flanagan (Clemson and North Carolina game)that once I see them I know we are going to be screwed by the refs.The other night the SEC crew must of been selected by Emmert ,the vindictive and corrupt NCAA President.There is no question we lose the game because of dropped balls but how many rotten calls like pass interference were called on us and not on them for clearer penalties ?I have seen these referee crew function in SEC games .They are fair and impartial within their league play.Why not with us?The timing of the calls against us always impeccable to change the tide of the game.Frankly I am getting tired of it.Our Athletic Director must do a better job of demanding accountability and fairness from the referees and the system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We didn’t lose a single game because of the refs. That being said, I do think refs try to keep us down, especially ACC refs. Jimmy Johnson once said, don’t let the refs beat you. Miami has to take the game into their own hands or leave the conference.

Just remember one call not discussed. On a Critical 3rd down, OSU ran a jet sweep. Hall came up the right side and quickly filled the hole with forward momentum. He tackled the player by the shoulder pads and yes was near the neck area. But he was never trailing the player. He got called for horse caller. Never in my life have a seen a player get called for that when meeting a player in the hole. Unreal man.

Things like holding and PI are judgement calls and it’s difficult to judge what someone may or may not have seen. Because of that I get ****ed at poor officiating but I also try to realize it is a part of the game.

where I lose my mind and the thoughts of corruption enter are plays like the overturned 2 pt conversion. You have two announcers in the booth and a rules expert say there is no way it is overturned because not only did he get in but you would need definitive proof he didn’t but you don’t even have a proper camera angle that shows the plane of the goal line- which, why the *** don’t they have a camera on the goal line?...

then the call gets overturned, dramatically effects the outcome of the game and there is no recourse? Those officials that said overturn should all be fired immediately and never officiate again.

Advertisement
It’s not relying on the refs to win, it’s the fact that bad calls directly effect the outcome of the game.

When you overturn the 2 point conversion call on the field, with no undisputed evidence, that help costs you the game.

When you come right back and force an INT where you are going to have the ball deep in opponents territory, and it gets taken away by a bad PI call, that directly effects the outcome of the game.

If you don’t see that, I can’t help you.

It’s not relying on the refs to win, it’s the fact that bad calls directly effect the outcome of the game.

When you overturn the 2 point conversion call on the field, with no undisputed evidence, that help costs you the game.

When you come right back and force an INT where you are going to have the ball deep in opponents territory, and it gets taken away by a bad PI call, that directly effects the outcome of the game.

If you don’t see that, I can’t help you.
Blah, blah, blah. Don’t let OSU start the game 21-0 and we aren’t having this discussion.

Advertisement
Jimmy pointed that out to us in 1988! It’s still a fact in 2021!
Jimmy also didn't have to deal with a bag game as prevalent and pervasive as it is now or an ncaa that watched programs cheat in broad daylight and do nothing like Miami has to nowadays. I love Jimmy to death but I refuse to ignore the facts.

In all the Miami big games other than FSU the referees are biased against us.Officials have selective flag throwing. They consistently penalize us in key downs .The refs call penalties like targeting ,pass interference,and holding on us and not call them on our
opponents on obvious penalties.The calls against us our timely where the momentum of the game is at stake.The Acc sends their henchman referee crew led by Flanagan (Clemson and North Carolina game)that once I see them I know we are going to be screwed by the refs.The other night the SEC crew must of been selected by Emmert ,the vindictive and corrupt NCAA President.There is no question we lose the game because of dropped balls but how many rotten calls like pass interference were called on us and not on them for clearer penalties ?I have seen these referee crew function in SEC games .They are fair and impartial within their league play.Why not with us?The timing of the calls against us always impeccable to change the tide of the game.Frankly I am getting tired of it.Our Athletic Director must do a better job of demanding accountability and fairness from the referees and the system.
The refs didnt cause 3-n-outs and wasted drives by our Canes' O.

The refs didn't cause missed tackles and missed gap assignments on D.

The refs are in no way responsible that James is AD, Manuela is HC, and Baker is DC.

This wasn't Cleveland Gary and a phantom fumble in South Bend.

Jimmy also didn't have to deal with a bag game as prevalent and pervasive as it is now or an ncaa that watched programs cheat in broad daylight and do nothing like Miami has to nowadays. I love Jimmy to death but I refuse to ignore the facts.
Couldn’t agree more!

Advertisement
Back