Totally Owned

Some of y'all are delusional. MSU is not a good team, but that RB is the goods. His OLine got their **** pushed in most of the day, but he took advantage at our lack of backside containment and got most of his yards on counter's that were not designed that way (you can tell because the OT's didn't try to seal). He also feasted on 30 missed tackles from our defense. Defensively, they got ate up by a WR at QB who was throwing short passes all day (at one point King was 28/31, with 2 of those passes being a dropped 3rd down conversion and a dropped touchdown pass where both of those catches were uncontested). Navaughn Donaldson substituted into the LG spot and MSU failed at taking advantage of that. We made mistake after mistake after mistake with an embarrassing showing while MSU was played disciplined football...yet they still only had a 1 possession lead for most of the game until the wheels completely fell off at the end of the game for Miami. They did a great job capitalizing on 4 turnovers and that decided the game (Only had 14 more yards than us).

Advertisement
We need bullies in the trenches on both sides and an injection of skill and speed at LB. Getting adequate talent at the skill positions to at least win the Coastal should never be a problem for Miami, but you see how a revolving door along the OL can stifle a dynamic QB like King.

I don't love Lashlee's inside zone and RPO scheme, and Cam frustrates me as a runner but our OL isn't exactly opening huge running lanes for him either. Put our 2014 OL in front of King & Cam and we're probably not *****ing about the offense.

Searles couldn't recruit and neither could the dude Enos brought along with him, and I'm not quivering with pleasure over Justice either. If the BOT pulls the plug on Manny & Blake, the next HC has to address the trenches via coaching, recruiting and the portal.
I don’t think anyone would debate the need for improve the lines

We see a lot of down years for OL in our area so a coach will likely have to go OOS to shore it up which is another reason I don’t like hiring coaches from failed regimes. They’ve likely just been recruiting the same people as the last guy

Recruiting has been solid under Diaz considering his results but I know OL recruiting has been a big concern for years now

Rewatched the game. It's really bad.

1. I can't think of another RB who has worst decision making skills and slower than Cam Harris. Dude has no business at a D1 school.

2. King has made some poor decision making skills. For example, when he dived to get the first down and almost hurt his shoulder, again.

3. OLine is awful. But when was the last time Miami hasn't had an oline this bad?

4. Mann isn't progressing, he's regressing. And he's taking Lashley down with him.

5. Just blow it up and start from scratch. You aren't getting a proven coach to come here. Even if Miami fires Manny, no quality coach is going to line up for the job. There will be better jobs opening up this year. They will probably promote within or go with a unqualified coach to be the head coach.

It is what it is. The glory days are gone and we would be better off reminiching about the 80s, 90s and 2001.

Advertisement
Back