Totally Owned

MainLineCane

No More Excuses / Time to win
Completely outcoached. Beaten in every way possible. I remember a few here degrading Mich States coach. What a poor choice he was

Well he showed us. He showed that a good coach can take a program in complete disarray and quickly (1 year) have them to performing at a very high level.

The issues he faced were far greater than Manny's. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Yet the Spartans completely owned us today.

I'm tired of people here making excuses for Manny. His weaknesses are far too numerous to list. We ALL know them ....unless you're very closely related to him.

He won't grow into the job. He just isn't capable. Personally, I think he's a great guy and has done some positive things while here. But we brought him in to be HC and we must face reality he's not a good one for us. So stop making EXCUSES for Manny. He just doesn't have it in this job. Maybe somewhere else he might but not here.

So it's time for the end game. He obviously doesn't deserve to remain our HC......Unless you're a glutton for punishment. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Completely outcoached. I remember a few here degrading Mich States coach. What a poor choice he was

Well he showed us. He showed that a good coach can take a program in complete disarray and quickly (1 year) have them to performing at a very high level.

The issues he faced were far greater than Manny's. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Yet the Spartans completely owned us today.

I'm tired of people here making excuses for Manny. His weaknesses are far too numerous to list. We ALL know them ....unless you're very closely related to him.

He won't grow into the job. He just isn't capable. Personally, I think he's a great guy and has done some positive things while here. But we brought him in to be HC and we must face reality and stop making EXCUSES for Manny

So it's time for the end game. He obviously doesn't deserve to remain our HC......Unless you're a glutton for punishment. NO MORE EXCUSES.
Mel Tucker got Sparty ready to he a problem in the Big 10.

Manny on the other hand....
____ my pants.jpg

It was mentioned during the broadcast that over 20 players left the MSU program last year and 41 transfers were brought in. And yet they played pretty sound football. Go figure.

Advertisement
People here shot middle fingers at me down voted me for saying the same things every one is posteling

I just read your observations thread

Good stuff. I agree with what you’re saying there for sure

I don’t want to combat hyperbole with more hyperbole, just pointing out that we probably could have won this game

I was reading the OP as basically they walked in and beat us up and that’s not what I saw at all

Advertisement
I'm tired of people here making excuses for Manny.
I am not seeing much of that happening the last 24 hours. I know we have Manny Slurpers thread going and that is just an echo chamber or a poo-flinging contest depending on how you look at it; but it looks like many of our kneepad-wearing Canes porsters will not show face right now--even in that thread.

Even after a night to sleep it off I'm still ****ed to see the program I love in the state that it is in.

LOL Mel Tucker. That Sparty team that obliterated us sucks. We're just a bottom of the barrel P5 team under Lispy.

I get that everyone is ****ed. I’ve hated Manny being hired from Day1

But I still disagree with what you’re saying. Lashlee was doing whatever he wanted to MSU

Our defense held them in check for the first half. Everyone was saying how Walker was gonna run right up the middle and we wouldn’t be able to stop him. That didn’t happen.

If you’re venting I get it but we weren’t completely overmatched and outcoached

Shhhhhh! Not now my friend

We'll discuss this after you sober up

It was mentioned during the broadcast that over 20 players left the MSU program last year and 41 transfers were brought in. And yet they played pretty sound football. Go figure.
Just fyi that is eerily similar to what Saban did his first year at Bama. He kicked the lazy’s and nonperformers to the curb and started bringing guys in he wanted.

Advertisement
Just fyi that is eerily similar to what Saban did his first year at Bama. He kicked the lazy’s and nonperformers to the curb and started bringing guys in he wanted.
I remember that. Lot of shock and awe when that went down.

I just read your observations thread

Good stuff. I agree with what you’re saying there for sure

I don’t want to combat hyperbole with more hyperbole, just pointing out that we probably could have won this game

I was reading the OP as basically they walked in and beat us up and that’s not what I saw at all
I think that's at the crux of everyone's frustration and it's reached a breaking point. We absolutely should have won, but Manny is great at doing less with more. MSU made some plays but they didn't walk into Hard Rock and impose their will on us; they made their share of mistakes and gave us opportunities to win the game, but we played undisciplined, continued to miss tackles and punched ourselves in the **** with drops and penalties.

After 6 years in the program it's pretty evident he's not even close to getting the most out of the talent we have. We've been habitual underachievers for 15 years and Manny's shown nothing to suggest he isn't a Shannon or Golden retread.

Advertisement
I think that's at the crux of everyone's frustration and it's reached a breaking point. We absolutely should have won, but Manny is great at doing less with more. MSU made some plays but they didn't walk into Hard Rock and impose their will on us; they made their share of mistakes and gave us opportunities to win the game, but we played undisciplined, continued to miss tackles and punched ourselves in the **** with drops and penalties.

After 6 years in the program it's pretty evident he's not even close to getting the most out of the talent we have. We've been habitual underachievers for 15 years and Manny's shown nothing to suggest he isn't a Shannon or Golden retread.
You nailed it for me

I think we lack talent in a lot of areas but for years we are sitting around watching other teams do less with more and we are sitting here going “wtf”

I am not seeing much of that happening the last 24 hours. I know we have Manny Slurpers thread going and that is just an echo chamber or a poo-flinging contest depending on how you look at it; but it looks like many of our kneepad-wearing Canes porsters will not show face right now--even in that thread.

Even after a night to sleep it off I'm still ****ed to see the program I love in the state that it is in.

I don't just mean fans.

I also talking about Admin and everyone else who enables him.

Time to admit it like they do in AA. "Hi I'm Manny and I'm a poor coach"

You nailed it for me

I think we lack talent in a lot of areas but for years we are sitting around watching other teams do less with more and we are sitting here going “wtf”
We need bullies in the trenches on both sides and an injection of skill and speed at LB. Getting adequate talent at the skill positions to at least win the Coastal should never be a problem for Miami, but you see how a revolving door along the OL can stifle a dynamic QB like King.

I don't love Lashlee's inside zone and RPO scheme, and Cam frustrates me as a runner but our OL isn't exactly opening huge running lanes for him either. Put our 2014 OL in front of King & Cam and we're probably not *****ing about the offense.

Searles couldn't recruit and neither could the dude Enos brought along with him, and I'm not quivering with pleasure over Justice either. If the BOT pulls the plug on Manny & Blake, the next HC has to address the trenches via coaching, recruiting and the portal.

Advertisement
Back