Totally and completely OT: Is this spouse worth $36 BILLION dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with OP, and idc. Neg me.

To cover up the obvious patriarchy, we have slanted our legal decision making so far heavy in the favor of women, its abhorrent.

Socially, we have gotten to the point of progress where now women want to be treated like children.

The "it could have been worse" crowd needs to get lost.

Advertisement
Ladies and gentlemen,

What the **** is going on. I get some people might not like Jeff Bezos or his politics. That’s not what this is about.

He conceived the concept and implemented one of the great companies of the modern technological era.

After years of struggle and hard work, the company turned profitable and is without question one of the great successes of the modern Internet age, and the way commerce is conducted versus 20 years ago.

Now I’m sure his wife was very supportive, and did no small share in her support of him. But is that support worth $36 billion? I mean are you kidding me?

You need to put a dollar value on spousal support in a divorce, but ain’t nobody getting $36 billion worth of spousal support. He could’ve been successful without her “support”

Just another indication of our arcane system of looking at the sexes, and sometimes it’s the man that gets the raw end of the deal. I’m sure he doesn’t care, because he has billions anyway in the other 75%. But for the rest of us schlubs, it sure doesn’t seem right.

Here honey take half of everything I’ve earned, take half of my net worth. Doesn’t matter if it’s male or female. It’s just not right.

Flame away, I just had to get that off my chest. $36 billion my ***.

Jeff Bezos to keep 75% of couple's Amazon stock after finalizing divorce

View attachment 82837
You're framing it wrong. I think he’s saying that it’s worth $36 B to not have to put up with her anymore.

I have no doubt 98% of the men in the world would thinkshe’s worth marrying for much less than $36 B, even now.

Advertisement
Ladies and gentlemen,

What the **** is going on. I get some people might not like Jeff Bezos or his politics. That’s not what this is about.

He conceived the concept and implemented one of the great companies of the modern technological era.

After years of struggle and hard work, the company turned profitable and is without question one of the great successes of the modern Internet age, and the way commerce is conducted versus 20 years ago.

Now I’m sure his wife was very supportive, and did no small share in her support of him. But is that support worth $36 billion? I mean are you kidding me?

You need to put a dollar value on spousal support in a divorce, but ain’t nobody getting $36 billion worth of spousal support. He could’ve been successful without her “support”

Just another indication of our arcane system of looking at the sexes, and sometimes it’s the man that gets the raw end of the deal. I’m sure he doesn’t care, because he has billions anyway in the other 75%. But for the rest of us schlubs, it sure doesn’t seem right.

Here honey take half of everything I’ve earned, take half of my net worth. Doesn’t matter if it’s male or female. It’s just not right.

Flame away, I just had to get that off my chest. $36 billion my ***.

Jeff Bezos to keep 75% of couple's Amazon stock after finalizing divorce

View attachment 82837

HUH?? What planet are you living on? She helped establish the business, much of the start up was her idea and she was a lot of the business brain behind Amazon...he definitely got off easy....too clueless to even prevent his girlfriends brother from selling photos to Nat'l Enquirer. LOL

Advertisement
Know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m just saying it’s not right. Specially with mega sums, community property needs to be thought of differently in my opinion. Stop acting like a little bltch, if you want to have a discussion fine. Don’t start your little girly shlt with me again.

There's those sad, pathetic personal insults from someone who cannot formulate a coherent argument I've come to expect!

I'm sorry the world doesn't work the way you want it to. I'll have a chat with God so we can ensure the world starts revolving around you as soon as possible.

Nobody is worth that amount of anything.

I do my very best not to use Amazon and very rarely order anything online. I don't want a future without stores where everything you buy cannot be bought from a storefront.

I buy things all the time online, I use Ebay for two reasons. I think Bezos is a greedy prick and because Ebay is cheaper. I get 10-15% coupons all the time, 99 out of 100 times Ebay is cheaper and it has free shipping. I can spend 3 bucks or 500, free shipping. The richest man in the world and many of his work force is on gov assistance. Not cool with me. She should have taken more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
If she contributed that much to Amazon, which imo she didn’t, then she got ripped off. She should’ve gotten half. She should’ve held out for half. Why didn’t she? Because she **** well knows she’s not worth 50%, nor 25%. She took 25% and ran home laughing. That tells me all I need to know.

My entire point is this type of thinking where community property is in effect, in essence the default position being 50% for the spouse, is arcane and outdated.

Yes it may have been the right thing to do at one point, when women were nothing more than property in the 19th century, and as a way to make up for many injustices and for what they provided in the 20th century, under less than equal conditions.

But we are not in the 20th-century. The 21st century compared to the 20th century is much different than the 20th century compared to the 19th century.

The damsel in distress model of divorce disbursement does not work anymore.

Last edited:
There were no losers here. One got 70 billion and the other got 36 billion. There is no magical **** or *****

Advertisement
There's those sad, pathetic personal insults from someone who cannot formulate a coherent argument I've come to expect!

Stop acting like a little petulant pre-teen and you’ll get nicer responses.

Act like a little brat, you’ll get the the backhand.

You continue to prove you have no idea what you're talking about.

Maybe she was just smart enough to see tha
If she contributed that much to Amazon, which imo she didn’t, then she got ripped off. She should’ve gotten half. She should’ve held out for half. Why didn’t she? Because she **** well knows she’s not worth 50%. She took 25% and ran home laughing. That tells me all I need to know.

My entire point is this type of thinking where community property is in effect, in essence the default position being 50% for the spouse, is arcane and outdated.

Yes it may have been the right thing to do at one point, when women were nothing more than property in the 19th century, and as a way to make up for many injustices and for what they provided in the 20th century, under less than equal conditions.

But we are not in the 20th-century. The 21st century compared to the 20th century is much different than the 20th century compared to the 19th century.

The damsel in distress model of divorce disbursement does not work anymore.

Maybe she was smart enough to see life is too short to waste energy on this BS. Obviously she has enough to buy mac & cheese. It would go on for years, I'm sure the kids weren't looking forward to it either. One day young man maybe you'll see time is much more important than money, specially if you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back