Total embarrassment: (Nothing has changed in a year)

Advertisement
For me I don’t see Wisky being the better team last night. I did see a much better coached team however. More disciplined with their fundamentals and better play calling. With Clemson they were just better and deeper at every position but Wisky was didn’t have more talent I did not see that..

I don’t want to hear how it’s Rick’s second year. It is also Paul Chryst’s 3rd and he cant get the recruits Rick can. Teams are adjusting out there to what we are doing and we do nothing to adjust back especially on defense. It was almost like that QB knew his read and open receiver before the ball was snapped. How a true Fr WR catches 3 TDs is unconscionable **** it is illegal. You give up 34 points on long drives BTW with the exception of the pick which we knew Rosier is good for at least 1 a game.

I’m sorry I like Manny but he isn’t enough of an Xs and Os strategist kind of DC for me. We know the problems on O with Rick’s play calling and I don’t know if he is stubborn enough to see that he needs help in that area.

I wonder if Dave Aranda would have accepted the DC coordinator job instead of going to LSU how much of a difference it would have made?

all this hatred towards richt is silly

does he call and do a few things here and there that makes you scratch your head? sure

we scored 24 points on the number 1 overall defense in the country with a bum at quarterback who once again can't hit wide open WR's to save his life. Without richards. Without Walton. Without herndon.

we also ran the ball right down their throats

24 points should have EASILY won this game

this game falls solely on one man, diaz

get him the f*ck off this team

Teams with a ton of turnovers gained are kind of flukey teams. Its a luck based stat. Great for our culture and momentum, but its not a raw metric you can rely upon.

When you dont get turnovers...what do you do then? The last three games, Miami hasnt had an answer and when they did get turnovers they werent turning them into points.

Miami wasnt that good to overcome the games they didnt generate turnovers or points off of turnovers.

Advertisement
I'm just here to see all the excuses. Made yet another weak QB look like a god. But hey...it was wisconsins super bowl am I right???

This. I said it on the first page of the discussion thread. If Diaz makes Hornibrooke look like a NFL prospect we ain't winning ANYTHING big with him.

Last 3 drives prior to the kneel was Dude went 10/11 3 TD. Just like how he made Clemson QB, another average QB, look like Tom Brady. There is a reason teams ain't looking at Manny Diaz as a possible HC candidate even being a boyles finalist.

Alex Hornibrooke stats 23/34 258 4 TDs. That is an embarrassment

Rosier completed only 11 passes with 1-3 TD-INT. B-b-b-b-b-but HEALTHY!!

No excuses for Diaz.
We saw it vs Toledo, FSU, Syracuse, UVA, and Clemson.

But... can one of our DB's cover simple fades and 10 yard stop patterns in the endzone??

That’s what happens when you play two top ten teams without your pivotal star offense players Walton, Richards and Herndon along with having as inaccurate As Malik rosier....
Diaz was playing that soft as defense too

Do you even watch the games or do you just make ***aloon comments? Diaz playing that soft *** defense? What does that mean? Can you explain?

I watched the game and the QB was eating us up in man coverage. Their 2* WRs were absolutely putting on a clinic against Dean, Bandy, Delaney, Redwine. Oh because we went zone a couple of times and gave us some plays. Most of the 3rd and long conversions we were in man coverage. ***aloon gonna ***aloon i guess

I can see it happening all over again. Some posters are gonna white knight our coaching failures and attack anyone who raises concerns. They will seem powerful with their words and insults in the beginning but in the end they will be relegated to slurper status like broke was with Alph Golden.

So now we have an Staph?

We overachieved all year long and now you're all going to get mad and act like some betas because things caught up to us.

I guess last night disproved the S. FL High School slurpers theory that a S. FL 3* is better than everyone else's 4*.

I'm as mad as anyone, but i think we have to calm down with sky is falling and we have a horrible staph talk

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can see it happening all over again. Some posters are gonna white knight our coaching failures and attack anyone who raises concerns. They will seem powerful with their words and insults in the beginning but in the end they will be relegated to slurper status like broke was with Alph Golden.

So now we have an Staph?

We overachieved all year long and now you're all going to get mad and act like some betas because things caught up to us.

I guess last night disproved the S. FL High School slurpers theory that a S. FL 3* is better than everyone else's 4*.

I'm as mad as anyone, but i think we have to calm down with sky is falling and we have a horrible staph talk

I'm not gonna call it a staph but they shouldn't be immune from fair evaluation and criticism. I have questioned Richt's playcalling in the past but I've said that Richt deserves to have a QB and more talent on offense so I am waiting for the conclusion of year 3 (2018).

As for defense, I do have concerns, particulary from watching the UVA game forward and the only one I'm fine with is Kul. These run of the mill quarterbacks looked like Tom Brady, week in and week out. I watched Benkert from UVA do what he did against us and then watched Navy emasculate him. We've got issues that need fixing.

So now we have an Staph?

I'm not gonna call it a staph but they shouldn't be immune from fair evaluation and criticism. I have questioned Richt's playcalling in the past but I've said that Richt deserves to have a QB and more talent on offense so I am waiting for the conclusion of year 3 (2018).

As for defense, I do have concerns, particulary from watching the UVA game forward and the only one I'm fine with is Kul. These run of the mill quarterbacks looked like Tom Brady, week in and week out. I watched Benkert from UVA do what he did against us and then watched Navy emasculate him. We've got issues that need fixing.

My only concern with the defense is clock Managment. Wisconsin held the ball at the end of the half for like 6 minutes straight or more. It was a long drive and our guys clearly looked gassed. Manny should have used a timeout 1) to give our guys a breather and 2) to stop their momentum.

At that point we were up 14-10, two plays later Wisconsin scores

The talent will come and eventually the DB's will turn their fcking heads and make plays. But even talented players get gassed once in a while on long time consuming drives.

I saw better linemen, on both sides of the ball. Bigger and stronger across the board. As they say, that's where this game was decided, just like in Orlando last time we played.

Advertisement
For me I don’t see Wisky being the better team last night. I did see a much better coached team however. More disciplined with their fundamentals and better play calling. With Clemson they were just better and deeper at every position but Wisky was didn’t have more talent I did not see that..

I don’t want to hear how it’s Rick’s second year. It is also Paul Chryst’s 3rd and he cant get the recruits Rick can. Teams are adjusting out there to what we are doing and we do nothing to adjust back especially on defense. It was almost like that QB knew his read and open receiver before the ball was snapped. How a true Fr WR catches 3 TDs is unconscionable **** it is illegal. You give up 34 points on long drives BTW with the exception of the pick which we knew Rosier is good for at least 1 a game.

I’m sorry I like Manny but he isn’t enough of an Xs and Os strategist kind of DC for me. We know the problems on O with Rick’s play calling and I don’t know if he is stubborn enough to see that he needs help in that area.

I wonder if Dave Aranda would have accepted the DC coordinator job instead of going to LSU how much of a difference it would have made?

Troy scored 24 points on Dave Aranda's defense

They beat us and covered the point spread.

They were the better team.

I don't know how you'd draw any other conclusion.

Richt tried to tell y'all in the beginning we weren't a very good team and weren't back yet. He knows Rosier, our OL, and our DB's ain't good enough to be elite.

Y'all ate that Miami is back turnover chain ESPN crap up like a fat kid at Golden Corral.

Advertisement
Richt tried to tell y'all in the beginning we weren't a very good team and weren't back yet. He knows Rosier, our OL, and our DB's ain't good enough to be elite.

Y'all ate that Miami is back turnover chain ESPN crap up like a fat kid at Golden Corral.

If you're Saban, you can get away with that as some sort of motivational coach speak.

If you're not Saban, its an ready-made excuse to not succeed.

If you tell me Miami isn't built to beat Clemson...I get it and you get no argument from me. Because, we aren't.

But you tell me this team isn't good enough where we can't beat a dog **** Pitt team, even with all of the built in excuses of that week...man, fvck you. If you are telling me you will come out and perform like that at home, with three weeks of prep to beat Wisconsin...man, fvck you, too. I don't know what this team did over three weeks, but it surely wasn't study tape or go through DB drills. If Wisconsin beats you with Hornibrook and freshman wide receivers, you fvkced up, period.

So now we have an Staph?

I get it, but lets be fair then with the evaluation. Now with that being said you could see a whole different team after the ND game. We didn't generate any pass rush, our DBs were sleeping in zone and getting eaten up in man, LB play wasn't there. I think the season caught up with us to be honest. If you're our DC last night what do you call?

I just don't see the coaches suck, diaz is garbage, we need better blah blah blah. We overachieved greatly and at the end it all caught up with us. If someone told you that we would have basically an 11 win season, beat the panhandle school and the lepurchans, win the coastal, play in the ACCGC, and go to a major 6 bowl with the roster we have EVERYONE would have hands down taken it. EVERYONE.

I guess i just don't get the hate right now. Maybe people don't have realistic expectations or maybe those expectations we're realistic.

Another looking issue is Manny Diaz can’t be fired, no matter how bad the defense looks. Richt hired a guy he’ll be unable to fire. We’re stuck with him

But oh well, at least he’s a local guy that’s great at coach-speak (e.g., violence, etc)

I saw better linemen, on both sides of the ball. Bigger and stronger across the board. As they say, that's where this game was decided, just like in Orlando last time we played.

Miami's speed on offense was terrifying and I was in full bed-wetting mode in the first quarter. Same thing in the B1G championship game: OSU gashed us with big plays and speed to take an early lead.

We adjusted and slowed down the Buckeye offense and still kept it close with a chance to tie at the end.

The difference was your DL compared to OSU's. The Cane's DL is big but you could see them wearing down as the game moved into the 3rd quarter, and they were totally gassed by the end of the game. OSU manhandled our OL. It's a miracle we kept that game close. On the other hand, I think Urban Meyer knew he could take his foot off the gas offensively and wisely played it safe. JT Barrett could rely on his defense and be a game manager, which is probably what he's best at.

I know it's a pain in the *** to have an opposing fan come over to your board after a heartbreaking loss, but from my point of view your area of greatest need going forward is your DL.

And I'd add that, as always, Notre Dame is overrated. Nevertheless your brutal ND smackdown was quite enjoyable.

OSU was able to stay in their base defense and still get consistent pressure on our QB whose biggest weakness is footwork and lack of pocket awareness. You guys had to load the box all night, and failed to totally shut down our run game, and also struggled to consistently hurry our easily panicked QB. And your DB's were on an island all night long.

Hornibrook's a work in progress, but give him a little time, man coverage, plus normal down and distance and he's pretty good.

Advertisement
Back