Total Defense.....

people kill me pulling these meaningless stats out of their *** to support these miserable coaches. Lets look at this stat at the end of November...thats when this matters. I guarantee we will be in the upper 80's or 90's. ************ calls a decent...decent game after 4 years vs Duke and some of yall thinking we the 85 bears. SMGDFH.....wake up...these coaches suck major ***.

Advertisement
Defense has improved from last year. How much I'm not sure cause I just don't think we've played a solid offensive team yet.

This is such flawed logic.

This is college football. There aren't but maybe 20 really good offenses in the sport and none exist in our side of the ACC.

The same was true for those Butch teams that ran rough shod through a subpar Big East.

Nobody is looking at Butch's schedules with a microscope are they? Nobody is complaining about Butch stomping out Temple (worst program in college football history)...and Rutgers (one of the worst teams in college football)...and West Virginia (were everywhere from pitiful to slightly below average)...and Pittsburgh (who was absolutely TRASH during Butch's tenure) are they?

Not to mention that one of the most honest assessments of a team is how badly they dominate inferior competition.

Dominate teams that are inferior and right now, the defense is doing that.

VT, UNC, GT, Wake, and Virginia are all bad offenses and they should be dominated.

If we can't dominate them, then this staff should be removed, but I'm not down with diminishing the defense's performance because the other side isn't good, especially when those same teams were running up and down the field on us only a year ago.

Last edited:
Defense has improved from last year. How much I'm not sure cause I just don't think we've played a solid offensive team yet.

This is such flawed logic.

This is college football. There aren't but maybe 20 really good offenses in the sport and none exist in our side of the ACC.

The same was true for those Butch teams that ran rough shod through a subpar Big East.

Nobody is looking at Butch's schedules with a microscope are they? Nobody is complaining about Butch stomping out Temple (worst program in college football history)...and Rutgers (one of the worst teams in college football)...and West Virginia (were everywhere from pitiful to slightly below average)...and Pittsburgh (who was absolutely TRASH during Butch's tenure) are they?

Not to mention that one of the most honest assessments of a team is how badly they dominate inferior competition.

Dominate teams that are inferior and right now, the defense is doing that.

VT, UNC, GT, Wake, and Virginia are all bad offenses and they should be dominated.

If we can't dominate them, then this staff should be removed, but I'm not down with diminishing the defense's performance because the other side isn't good, especially when those same teams were running up and down the field on us only a year ago.

That's not "flawed logic" at all. He said he isn't sure by how much. Playing competent teams will tell us that. How can you possibly have an issue with that statement?

Nebraska ran for 450 yards on Illnois but Tommy Armstrong Jr 10-21 in the passing game. We should have forced him to beat us. Nebraska has an elite running game. Maybe they beat us with the passing game maybe they don't but at least force them to beat us with the weaker aspect of their game.

Guys like him and Boone look good when they pass on running downs but if you can force them into 3rd and long they are garbage.

Last edited:
Nebraska run for 450 yards on Illnois but Tommy Armstrong Jr 10-21 in the passing game. We should have forced him to beat us. Guys like him and Boone look good when they pass on running downs but if you can force them into 3rd and long they are garbage.

thats why everyone was so angry after last week. goldens excuse of "he completed a deep ball so we were concerned w the pass" as the reason why they didnt load the box was some horse **** and poor coaching. frustrating when you know u have a winnable game and the tie on the sidelines hold u back

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back