Torrance Gibson

Advertisement
We need to offer his boy tarvarus mcfadden.

That's not happening...
Why not? Has anyone seen him play live? I'm getting sick of this staff not offering local guys who have great measurables etc.

He's the kid that *****ed about camp being too long...I don't think the staff has interest in him because of that/his attitude.

Kid put staff on blast after the camp and he was angry after the staff said he was not as big as he says he is lol.

Gibson has visited Miami multiple time only school he has visited.

He grew up a fan.

His coach is mike Rumph.

He namEd a top 3 the other week of Miami, Osu, and nd.

I think Miami certainly has a chance here if not leads.

Advertisement
Ive said for a while that I dont think this kid is coming here. He's a spread/ read option type QB, and unless we are going to be changing our offense around, I dont think he's a great fit for it. That's not to say that we wouldnt take him, but I think once recruiting really heats up, he will head to OSU, or Auburn or somewhere like that.

Also read a few times during the season from people that supposedly know people close to him, that he wasnt very high on us. That could all be bullsh8t, but this just seems like the type of kid that always leaves town.

He grew up a fan.

244.gif

Advertisement
I'm not at all optimistic about him coming here but I'm still going to be highly upset when he announces he's going elsewhere.

I'll blow a fuse if we lose out on both Gibson AND Wimbush(and don't land an elite QB prospect).

He's not committing today, he has stated many times that he will commit after his final football game. OSU is probably the front runner but he have been on him since 8th grade. We need to offer his boy tarvarus mcfadden.

We may have been on him since the 8th grade, but *** has been on him since 9th/10th grade. The 8th grade nonsense doesn't mean much.

I have changed my opinion on him and his fit here. I feel the staff are doing the right thing recruiting him as a QB. I still see a Oregon/Baylor/OSU type school getting him but I believe we are looking at another one of those SuperQBs like Manziel, Newton or Kaepernick but faster with as strong an arm if not stronger than Newton and Kaepernick.

I dont think we would refuse those guys if we knew what they would do on the collegiate level due to a lack of fit with our offensive identity. Listening to that interview he gave a few days ago he clearly knows his weaknesses as a passer and has a chip on his shoulder about proving he can develop those passing skills.

I think the odds are good we see him starting and winning a playoff game 4-5 years from now in an attempt to win the NC.

He is not going to change positions, he would transfer first and rightly so. If he is a hard worker he may have 3-4 years before being called upon to start.

A lot of development can take place between then and now for a young man that speaks like he is serious about putting in the amount of work it takes to improve in his weak areas as a passer. Put 20 lbs of muscle on him and IF his passing does improve you are looking at another one of those dynamic SuperQBs who create their own plays and destroy the best defenses in CFB at will.

Be interesting to see how his evals go if he goes through the camp circuit/Elite 11 this spring and what his passing looks like senior year.

If not believing he can succeed here is about our offensive system, thats what Georgia felt about Cam Newton, so they recruited him as a TE.

Auburn ended up with the crystal trophy.....whole point of a system is to win championships.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back