Torrance Gibson Junior Season Highlights

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still want here as well. He's a special athlete. But I don't understand why people call him the most important recruit of 2015

Advertisement
With the level of Qbs we have brought in the past two classes, I hope he would be willing to be a wr. He seems to be a special athlete, but he has ZERO pocket presence, does not seem to have an elite arm. If we are on this kid I dont know why we would not go after Treon Harris. Treon is much bigger and better qb skills. Great athlete, but not a must have. Not in my opinion, now Jaquan Johnson? Ohhh I like that kids game! He is a must get IMO

I still want here as well. He's a special athlete. But I don't understand why people call him the most important recruit of 2015

He's a once every 10 years type of athlete.

6-4, 200 lbs, 4.4 speed, big arm, can play QB, WR, or S.

You need elite QB play to compete for NCs, and Gibson is as elite as they come.

My only concern is how he would develop if Corley is still around.

Advertisement

this is the kind of kid you cater your offence to, not try to jam a square peg in a round hole

malik Rosier has a much better arm than Gibson on the run.

Last edited:

Imo, and the opinion of others that have seen him live, he's not an elite qb. He still struggles with accuracy and going through his reads. He isn't a quick thinker. He had a great OL this year at heritage. Gibson is a extraordinary athlete, great arm but still developing as a qb. His instincts when the pocket collapses are also off the charts.

Gibson is 100% dedicated to playing qb at the next level. Much like Treon Harris & Winky. With our current situation, this is how I see it playing out. Also the reason why I believe he isn't the most recruit of 2015.

2014 Qb - Williams or Olsen
2015 Qb - Olsen, Kaaya, Crow, or Rosier

Is Gibson, as a true freshman, going to beat out Kaaya and Olsen at qb in 2015? The logical answer is no. That would mean around 3 years of either Kaaya or Olsen starting. Gibson will not have gotten his shot at starting qb until about 2018. If our current qb coach developed him properly, kid would come in a make a run for the Heisman.

Gibson is probably the most talented out of all our targets in 2015 but not the most important, or the savior. Alex Collins was the most important recruit of the 2013 class. RB depth was shaky and we needed a bigger back to take the load off of Duke. Also with Mike James leaving, Collins would've gotten carries right away. Evident by the 2013 season, one could see that the 'Canes needed Collins. To me, the most important recruit of 2015 will be one that fills a need and can have an immediate impact. Gibson would not get his opportunity till 2018. Unless, he beats out one of those guys in 2015 or steals their job in 2016-2017.

Also, would our coaches cater our offense to Gibson? Will our coaches be willing to switch it up?

Advertisement
With the level of Qbs we have brought in the past two classes, I hope he would be willing to be a wr. He seems to be a special athlete, but he has ZERO pocket presence, does not seem to have an elite arm. If we are on this kid I dont know why we would not go after Treon Harris. Treon is much bigger and better qb skills. Great athlete, but not a must have. Not in my opinion, now Jaquan Johnson? Ohhh I like that kids game! He is a must get IMO

Treon Harris is much bigger then Gibson? You high?

Those who are saying this kid is not a MUST GET just dont GET it.

I still think he's a ridiculous talent. I want the kid at Miami by all costs. I just don't think losing Gibson would have the same impact on our team as losing Sony/Cook.

Advertisement
Back