Top OC & DC choices for next head coach?

Lebby 100% is not ready to be a HC at a school like Miami.

I could def argue going from Ole Miss to Miami would be an upgrade.
No not HC at Miami, OC at Miami. Im saying I think the only way he leaves Ole Miss is for some sort of HC role. Prob G5. I don’t think he leaves for a lateral move.

And yeah we could all make a case Miami vs Ole Miss but it’s not like he’s choosing between the 2. He’s already at one of the schools, and he’s in a pretty decent gig.

Advertisement
Looking at the possible combo of Kiffin and Lebby is super exciting

Both have strong resumes, coached under really strong HC’s, strong track record of developing QBs, ties to recruiting Florida.

It wouldn’t break the bank to give them salary bumps either

OC’s:
Zach Kittley
Matt Mumme
Barry Lunney Jr
Kevin Johns
Jeff Lebby
Joey Halzle
Ian Shoemaker
Greg Stevens
Ken Collums

DC’s:
Jess Loep
Mike Tressel
Patrick Toney
Kurt Mattix
Joseph Gillespie
Kevin Kane
Doug Belk
Scott Symons
Ryan Walters
Brad Lambert

If this school had any sense, EL would have been on the payroll YEARS ago.

Please don’t abandon us again. We promise we’ll be good from now on.

I mean like OC and DC's that could be hired as head coaches here
I don't think they would go with a guy that's not a current HC. I think they would go with a lower level HC before they go with a coordinator.......having said that and knowing the clown show we have running this place I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get HC Banda or HC Lashley or something along those lines.

Advertisement
Would never happen but, Mario HC and Tom Herman OC would be cool just on the sake of perception alone.

Idk where Graham Harrell stands with USC with everything going on, but I would love to have him in Miami as well.

Im drawing complete blanks on coaches in general right now though, the disconnect to CFB this year is real.
I like Graham Harrell, but, reports from USC and their offense being soft as a result of the offensive scheme spoke to me so, for that reason...

mark-cuban-im-out.gif

I think that, for example, IF Mario will be our guy you can forget all those Air Raid/pass-happy guys.

I would add Jeff Grimes from Baylor to the list btw.

He’s learned under some of the best Offensive architects in the business being with Heupel & Kiffin.

But even before them he’s another one of the branches from the Art Briles tree that has produced some of the most innovative minds in offensive play design & play calling, he’s a very smart young guy that is highly heralded as a top tier OC. There’s a reason why he was Kiffin’s first hire once he got the Ole Miss job.

And he actually did call plays when he was OC at Southeastern, obviously that’s a much lower level than D1 P5 ball, but Lebby is not a fish out of water when it comes to being a play caller.
Dam shame what happened with Briles. Imagine what he'd do with Miami talent. Scary.

Two head coaches I'd like to see get a look are Curt Cignetti of JMU and Eastern Washington head coach Aaron Best.

Last edited:
Advertisement
we've had two A+ hires ( at the time it was made ) in our last 2 offensive coordinators

both turned out to be absolute bums

also spare me with the spread offense, maybe ashlee has tilted me too much... but I don't care for it anymore.

Two head coaches I'd like to see get a look are Curt Cignetti of Eastern Washington and JMU head coach Aaron Best.
The schools and coaches are reversed.Cignetti coaches JMU. If the Canes have to dip down to FCS level to hire a head coach fold the program.

The schools and coaches are reversed.Cignetti coaches JMU. If the Canes have to dip down to FCS level to hire a head coach fold the program.
Well if you got better P5 suggestions, not pipe dreams who you simply want for the job, but who actually WANT the job I'm all ears. But say what you will, both guys are proven perennial winners whose results speak for themselves. And going this route requires folding g the program why? Because YOU don't like that route?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back