Top OC & DC choices for next head coach?

jmiller

Redshirt Freshman
Who are some of the top Oc's & Dc's in college football coming up because until this administration proves its willing to spend the money I'm not holding my breath on a big name hire like Mario. I know most will say they don't want to go the coordinator route again but keep in my mind the coordinators we hired to be our head coach weren't even elite coordinators so its no surprise they didn't turn into elite coaches. No power 5 school was after Coker, Shannon, or Manny except us unfortunately. Its like saying I'm not dating a blonde because every blonde cheating on me when in fact every blonde you dated was a prostitute.

Advertisement
Would never happen but, Mario HC and Tom Herman OC would be cool just on the sake of perception alone.

Idk where Graham Harrell stands with USC with everything going on, but I would love to have him in Miami as well.

Im drawing complete blanks on coaches in general right now though, the disconnect to CFB this year is real.

Who are some of the top Oc's & Dc's in college football coming up because until this administration proves its willing to spend the money I'm not holding my breath on a big name hire like Mario. I know most will say they don't want to go the coordinator route again but keep in my mind the coordinators we hired to be our head coach weren't even elite coordinators so its no surprise they didn't turn into elite coaches. No power 5 school was after Coker, Shannon, or Manny except us unfortunately. Its like saying I'm not dating a blonde because every blonde cheating on me when in fact every blonde you dated was a prostitute.

Depends on the coach. The coach will bring along whoever his guys are in his current gig, most likely. If not, he'll bring in at least 1.

Dan Lanning and Glenn Schumann: first as hc and second as dc/lbs.

Obviously given they’re Dc and lb/co dc coaches at Georgia we don’t know their ceo skills. But they’ve been both fantastic recruiters, position coaches, and game planning those nasty defenses. They’ve been under Saban and Smart and obviously been part of the bag game but both are very good coaches who will get their chances sooner than later.

Advertisement
Most likely never to happen unless Mario comes and he don’t get promoted. But Joe Moorhead would be a phenomenal OC here. Talk about running the ball.

Crazy we haven’t had a 1000 yard rusher since ….. Mark Walton 2016. Sad times

Advertisement
No full air raid guy. You need to also be able to run the ball to win consistently. So no yo graham harrell. If Mario came and brought joe with him I’d be pleased.

Someone mentioned the two Georgia dudes. The dc will be a head coach soon and the lb coach will be a dc soon. Muschamp is an analyst right now I think so maybe he will get promoted and be a pricey dc at Georgia.

Really I’m not seeing any coordinators that I’d elevate to the head coach spot. Also not a fan of that idea in general.

Big fan of what Kentucky offense looked like against lsu but lsu sucks and they looked meh against ufag.

OC’s:
Zach Kittley
Matt Mumme
Barry Lunney Jr
Kevin Johns
Jeff Lebby
Joey Halzle
Ian Shoemaker
Greg Stevens
Ken Collums

DC’s:
Jess Loep
Mike Tressel
Patrick Toney
Kurt Mattix
Joseph Gillespie
Kevin Kane
Doug Belk
Scott Symons
Ryan Walters
Brad Lambert

OC’s:
Zach Kittley
Matt Mumme
Barry Lunney Jr
Kevin Johns
Jeff Lebby
Joey Halzle
Ian Shoemaker
Greg Stevens
Ken Collums

DC’s:
Jess Loep
Mike Tressel
Patrick Toney
Kurt Mattix
Joseph Gillespie
Kevin Kane
Doug Belk
Scott Symons
Ryan Walters
Brad Lambert
Could we propose Mumme/Tressel to our admin as another great nepotism hire???

Advertisement
Depends on who's coaching and the connections they have I guess. Different coaches like different things....and I hope the next HC ain't doing favors for friends...hope he hires guys that are good at their jobs and relentless on the trail.

Advertisement
OC’s:
Zach Kittley
Matt Mumme
Barry Lunney Jr
Kevin Johns
Jeff Lebby
Joey Halzle
Ian Shoemaker
Greg Stevens
Ken Collums

DC’s:
Jess Loep
Mike Tressel
Patrick Toney
Kurt Mattix
Joseph Gillespie
Kevin Kane
Doug Belk
Scott Symons
Ryan Walters
Brad Lambert
Regarding Jeff lebby. How does he get judged being that his previous boss was heupel who called the plays. And then now kiffin who calls the plays ?

OC’s:
Zach Kittley
Matt Mumme
Barry Lunney Jr
Kevin Johns
Jeff Lebby
Joey Halzle
Ian Shoemaker
Greg Stevens
Ken Collums

DC’s:
Jess Loep