Top JUCO CB Dean has Miami ties

View as article
ZBrod, i still give you props for finding Brahms. For a while it seemed like we were going to land him sooner than later.

Still think that's the case?

Advertisement
ZBrod, i still give you props for finding Brahms. For a while it seemed like we were going to land him sooner than later.

Still think that's the case?

Auburn is the heavy favorite for obvious reasons already stated with UNC second. UNC has been on him since April, I wish I could say I'm optimistic about our chances but like Leatherwood and Ashley A LOT of things have to go right but there's no way we've stopped recruiting him.

This is simply a case of getting to the party too late imo.

Well, if starting right away & PT is a big factor for him, he needs to eliminate Bama off his list.
With Sheffield, Humphrey & Fitzpatrick he definitely isn't going to be starting right away for them.
Plus, Bama has also offered JUCO CB Steven Montac from Coffeyville CC, so basically they really don't give a **** about you.
By August, we'll be getting Maurice Smith who had the same problem that many of their players have of being promised the world, then never actually getting an opportunity to see the field.
It sounds like he really wants to be a Cane, I think we can land him by pitching him on he idea of taking over after Elder leaves & helping the young guys maturate.
I hope Rumph, Banda & Diaz show this kid some love, get Wright, JJackson, Ivey & Deejay on it and make him feel at home.

I agree and it would seem as though Miami is his best opportunity. Get him on campus around Wright, Jackson, and hopefully Mullins then schedule Ivey be on campus that day.

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]Zbrod95[/MENTION] How good is this kid? How would you rate him as a prospect? Also, when would he be eligible to play and for how long?

Throw in a hand job in by a beautiful home town chick

With the option to upgrade to a ********. #Boats &Hoes

Upgrades like that are considered luxury items under NCAA rules and are therefore "extra benefits" for prospective student athletes.

That's when you start to get into trouble.

So he says depth charts are a big deal and with two pages of posts, nobody has called him out on it? Hmm, that's interesting and maybe people are maturing around here.

I hope he does well wherever he goes. He stuck with it when some would've goofed off. Now it sounds like he gets to choose his destination rather than just hoping to catch on somewhere. Good job by the young fella.

Advertisement
Biggest position of need and we don't seem to be landing nobody who can step in play right away This concerns me . Wilson is not coming , Banda playing games , Henderson already seem like he was leaving once . This will be a real issue if we get fcked again

Last edited:
Advertisement
Biggest position of need and we don't seem to be landing nobody who can step in play right away This concerns me

I would love Dean, and I still think we have a lot of stuff in our favor with him. It's only July. But I doubt we land anyone from JUCO until they actually show up...too long a history of getting hyped for those kids and then seeing admissions **** it up.

Assuming we don't get Dean, I still really like how this DB class is shaping up.

Who's to say we won't be able to get immediate playing time out of (hypothetically) Bandy and Edwards? Bandy could figure into nickelback right away, and I don't see any reason why Brian Edwards couldn't contribute as much as someone like Reshard Robinson or Eddie Jackson, neither of whom was a kid rated as an "immediate impact" guy.

We're in the game for Wilson, who is a plug and play guy in my opinion.

And I also personally think a guy like Henderson, with his physical gifts, could be a quick study. He won't be a lockdown guy on Day 1, but how many are? Patrick Peterson and Vernon Hargreaves are the only 2 true frosh in recent memory I can think of that came in and really, truly dominated early on.

Last thing: let's not forget that up until recently we had a long history of defensive backs coming in and contributing early, and not always the highest touted guys either. If the scheme is simplified, as most are saying it will be, you can get serviceable minutes from young guys at this position.

Would be interested in getting Macho's thoughts on this.

Biggest position of need and we don't seem to be landing nobody who can step in play right away This concerns me

I would love Dean, and I still think we have a lot of stuff in our favor with him. It's only July. But I doubt we land anyone from JUCO until they actually show up...too long a history of getting hyped for those kids and then seeing admissions **** it up.

Assuming we don't get Dean, I still really like how this DB class is shaping up.

Who's to say we won't be able to get immediate playing time out of (hypothetically) Bandy and Edwards? Bandy could figure into nickelback right away, and I don't see any reason why Brian Edwards couldn't contribute as much as someone like Reshard Robinson or Eddie Jackson, neither of whom was a kid rated as an "immediate impact" guy.

We're in the game for Wilson, who is a plug and play guy in my opinion.

And I also personally think a guy like Henderson, with his physical gifts, could be a quick study. He won't be a lockdown guy on Day 1, but how many are? Patrick Peterson and Vernon Hargreaves are the only 2 true frosh in recent memory I can think of that came in and really, truly dominated early on.

Last thing: let's not forget that up until recently we had a long history of defensive backs coming in and contributing early, and not always the highest touted guys either. If the scheme is simplified, as most are saying it will be, you can get serviceable minutes from young guys at this position.

Would be interested in getting Macho's thoughts on this.

Let's hope we land him . Wish he could of went to paradise camp . This kid has to be a top priority and far as the rest of our dbs we have on our team I'm not sure they're even Miami caliber kid . Might of been of golden last minute desperate gets . The jury is out on most of them this year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back