Top 8

In the same vein if they don’t get hurt Bryce does the same thing imo

That kid is the goods. Part of it is I think TVD is going to be even better this year so…some assumptions on my end that he’s got a lot more in the tank

Kinda wild he still only has a handful of starts and didn’t get to play the bowl game sadly
Yeah, wish we'd have played Washington State.

TVD has the skills, no doubt. He still has room to improve but won't be tested until @TAMU. Hopefully that can be his national coming out party.

Odds on him being Mario's next Herbet? Winner with excellent stats but doesn't put up video game numbers like Bryce Young or CJ Stroud? Give CIS more to complain and question...

Advertisement
Yeah, wish we'd have played Washington State.

TVD has the skills, no doubt. He still has room to improve but won't be tested until @TAMU. Hopefully that can be his national coming out party.

Odds on him being Mario's next Herbet? Winner with excellent stats but doesn't put up video game numbers like Bryce Young or CJ Stroud? Give CIS more to complain and question...
It’s a good question

I know we will run the ball but I just don’t think Gattis is the type of guy that’s gonna neglect what he’s got.

TVD said it himself in his interview he’s like if we need to throw it…we will. I’m sure we will get in some shootouts this year and that kid has got all the tools

It’s a good question

I know we will run the ball but I just don’t think Gattis is the type of guy that’s gonna neglect what he’s got.

TVD said it himself in his interview he’s like if we need to throw it…we will. I’m sure we will get in some shootouts this year and that kid has got all the tools
Yes, just need a couple of the WRs to step up alongside X.

In college football having a great QB can take you very far and TVD is gonna show out this year....

These writers look at the QB spot first and foremost many times...

They also know the coaching staff is top notch...

Advertisement
People thinking Bryce ain’t good? Lol wtf

Bruh he lost the two guys that spread the field out in the natty game. UGA defense became too much to overcome cause they couldn’t spread them out anymore. If TVD was back there that would be a problem for him too. That’s like 01 UM making crouch throw it cause all his skills were nullified cause his OL couldn’t block our DL and we had too much speed. It’s called joes over x and os

I’ve been really high on TVD since he was in HS, you can go back to my old posts to verify. That said, the take above was a bad example to prove why young sucks. He has 1 more INT in his career than TVD (7 vs 6).…and he’s only thrown 2 in a game once.
He's played 5 more games than TVD too so Bryce throwing more int's is a really bad take. It's pure homerism and not objective at all. I love TVD but Bryce is a better college qb right now. Plain and simple.

Never understood why so many people focus on the next level? Yes, I would love for all the Canes to excel in the NFL, but I really care about what they do at the U. If they ball for us and bust in the NFL, oh well
Nah, gotta disagree with you on that one chief. You want the Canes players to ball out at Miami AND the NFL because it continually raises the profile of the school and makes recruiting players that much easier. You dont get the nickname "NFL U" from having a bunch of guys bust in the league. Having multiple guys ball out, get drafted high, then become all pros and HOFers elevates the perception of the school/program. It's one of the reasons why Miami still gets a lot of love today because folks know what when the program is rolling it constantly churns out the best of the best.

You are correct but years ago these QBs weren’t getting drafted for QB. They were asked to change positions but not anymore.

The NFL will always have traditional drop back QBs but you can’t say athletic running QBs are not trending.
You do realize we've had running QB's in the league for years. Steve Young, Donavan McNabb, Michael Vick, Cam newton, and now kids like Jackson, Murray and hurts.

Advertisement
Yes, just need a couple of the WRs to step up alongside X.
I thought the wr's played well. We didn't have any drops. I think that once TVD gets comfortable with somebody else and Jacolby returns AND the need to throw arises, I think we'll get some pretty good play from our receivers this year.

To his credit X looks like he's finally playing to his billing.

You do realize we've had running QB's in the league for years. Steve Young, Donavan McNabb, Michael Vick, Cam newton, and now kids like Jackson, Murray and hurts.
and its the largely stationary QBs that have had the longest careers

Disagree. Bryce Young doesn’t do it for me & idt he’ll be anything at the next level.
I agree with you. I actually told some of my coworkers that I think Van Dyke is a better pro QB then any QB in this class. He’s built like a little shorter Big Ben. I think he will be able to handle the massiveness of the NFL defenders. A lot has to do with what team he gets drafted by as well so it’s not guaranteed
by any means.

I could be wrong and time will tell that’s just what I think. I don’t think he will win the Heisman over Bryce or Stroud or even someone we don’t even know about yet but Van Dyke seems like all his strengths fit the NFL more then college 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Don’t fall for it, fellas.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
I agree with you. I actually told some of my coworkers that I think Van Dyke is a better pro QB then any QB in this class. He’s built like a little shorter Big Ben. I think he will be able to handle the massiveness of the NFL defenders. A lot has to do with what team he gets drafted by as well so it’s not guaranteed
by any means.

I could be wrong and time will tell that’s just what I think. I don’t think he will win the Heisman over Bryce or Stroud or even someone we don’t even know about yet but Van Dyke seems like all his strengths fit the NFL more then college 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
I'll be honest here, I give zero sh*ts about how he projects in the NFL. Yeah, I wish the best for him and all, but I mostly just care about the University of Miam Hurricanes, so I'd take those bama guys who win all the time and aren't stars in the NFL over a 7-6 record with a bunch of future NFL stars.

I'll be honest here, I give zero sh*ts about how he projects in the NFL. Yeah, I wish the best for him and all, but I mostly just care about the University of Miam Hurricanes, so I'd take those bama guys who win all the time and aren't stars in the NFL over a 7-6 record with a bunch of future NFL stars.
I feel ya but I want Ol school Miami Hurricanes who win championships in college and then go on to be First Round picks and retire with gold jackets.

Advertisement
Back