Top 7 "players" I'll focus on during Bethune

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Mario needs to respect and have others respect our opponents. I write messages on a website, so I can "look ahead."

Here's a list of the "players" (including groups) I'll focus on most tomorrow:

1. Emory Williams
- Well, naturally. So much has been made about Williams. Some of you all get access to practices or at least told by a few coaches who are there. I'm not. I watched him throw three passes against "the real Miami in the middle of nowhere." So, I look forward to watching 5+ series of Williams' play. I'm still probably the most belligerent Maalik Murphy in the Transfer Portal proponent on this board. Doesn't hurt to see what Williams has to offer. After all, Maalik will only be with us for a CFP run and then bounce after a season, anyway, right?

2. Ajay Allen/Mark Fletcher/Chris Johnson - If Fletcher is healthy, I want to see him in the open field and making people miss in and through the hole. If Chris Johnson is healthy and given any opportunity, let's see that speed we need. Ajay Allen is listed mostly because I'd like to see him get more and more opportunities to show off that short area acceleration.

3. The entire group of Frosh LBs - I saw a couple make plays on coverage. That's a great sign. Now, let's see them make plays within the context of our defensive sets. These are some of the most advanced (height/weight/speed ratios) LBs we've seen here in a while. If they decapitate a player or two, it will make the 2nd half arepa more enjoyable.

4. Damari Brown/Robert Stafford - For the love of all things, we need young CBs to continue to step up. I gave Jaden Davis his well-deserved props. There are others who played solidly on Saturday, but if we want to continue to make a leap, we need young Corners with speed and athleticism to pop for us.

5. Ray Ray/Robbie - Made a thread specifically about him here: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/something-for-later-ray-ray-from-the-slot.186579/. As many have said, he still has work to do in refining his game, but the natural speed/gamebreaking and what it can give us in the back half of the season should not be understated. Don't know if Robbie will get a shot or not. But, just seeing any of the newly recruited players who pop in terms of athleticism is cause for excitement.

6. Jayden Wayne - I thought he'd fly under the radar this year because of his position behind Mesidor and Bain. Now, we'll likely *need* for him to consume snaps or even an important role for us later this season. He's just as physically developed as Joe Jackson was his Frosh year, and by the end of that season Jackson (though he was older for his class) gave us starting/meaningful snaps. We now need Wayne to help Bain and Chantz out at SSDE. If he pops, maybe he finds his way a year earlier than expected.

7. Samson/Tommy Kinsler - Last but certainly not least. Samson is our future LT. Let's see him for as many snaps as he can use to learn and grow.

For the amount I raved about Anez Cooper last season, many of you know I've been just as excited about Kinsler's traits. He seemingly still runs with the 3rd team. He's in a different dynamic than Cooper - who was simply needed - was last season. There are a number of players in front of Kinsler who can play now. That's great for us. I still want to see this freak giant get into the second level. He may very well compete for a spot next season.

BONUS: I guess it's time to watch the Safety rotation. I wish we had enough Safeties to watch, anyway. I guess I'll keep an eye out for Harris and "Milk Carton" guys like Williams and Balom.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is Jaden Wayne really built like Joe Jackson? I was on campus at the same time as him and used to see him at the wellness hooping all the time. That guy was built DIFFERENT
I think Wayne may have an even better frame, just not as advanced as Jackson. IIRC, Jackson was nearly 20 years old when he played for us his True Frosh season. Wayne is 6' 5"+ and 240ish already. Think Wayne may be the better prospect, but that's just a shot from the hip without seeing him in live action in college.

Advertisement
3. The entire group of Frosh LBs - I saw a couple make plays on coverage. That's a great sign. Now, let's see them make plays within the context of our defensive sets. These are some of the most advanced (height/weight/speed ratios) LBs we've seen here in a while. If they decapitate a player or two, it will make the 2nd half arepa more enjoyable.
I love the second half arepa. Got a stand right outside my section.

@LuCane

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/thoughts-from-the-bench-press-bethune.186667/

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario needs to respect and have others respect our opponents. I write messages on a website, so I can "look ahead."

Here's a list of the "players" (including groups) I'll focus on most tomorrow:

1. Emory Williams
- Well, naturally. So much has been made about Williams. Some of you all get access to practices or at least told by a few coaches who are there. I'm not. I watched him throw three passes against "the real Miami in the middle of nowhere." So, I look forward to watching 5+ series of Williams' play. I'm still probably the most belligerent Maalik Murphy in the Transfer Portal proponent on this board. Doesn't hurt to see what Williams has to offer. After all, Maalik will only be with us for a CFP run and then bounce after a season, anyway, right?

2. Ajay Allen/Mark Fletcher/Chris Johnson - If Fletcher is healthy, I want to see him in the open field and making people miss in and through the hole. If Chris Johnson is healthy and given any opportunity, let's see that speed we need. Ajay Allen is listed mostly because I'd like to see him get more and more opportunities to show off that short area acceleration.

4. Damari Brown/Robert Stafford - For the love of all things, we need young CBs to continue to step up. I gave Jaden Davis his well-deserved props. There are others who played solidly on Saturday, but if we want to continue to make a leap, we need young Corners with speed and athleticism to pop for us.

5. Ray Ray/Robbie - Made a thread specifically about him here: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/something-for-later-ray-ray-from-the-slot.186579/. As many have said, he still has work to do in refining his game, but the natural speed/gamebreaking and what it can give us in the back half of the season should not be understated. Don't know if Robbie will get a shot or not. But, just seeing any of the newly recruited players who pop in terms of athleticism is cause for excitement.

6. Jayden Wayne - I thought he'd fly under the radar this year because of his position behind Mesidor and Bain. Now, we'll likely *need* for him to consume snaps or even an important role for us later this season. He's just as physically developed as Joe Jackson was his Frosh year, and by the end of that season Jackson (though he was older for his class) gave us starting/meaningful snaps. We now need Wayne to help Bain and Chantz out at SSDE. If he pops, maybe he finds his way a year earlier than expected.

7. Samson/Tommy Kinsler - Last but certainly not least. Samson is our future LT. Let's see him for as many snaps as he can use to learn and grow.

For the amount I raved about Anez Cooper last season, many of you know I've been just as excited about Kinsler's traits. He seemingly still runs with the 3rd team. He's in a different dynamic than Cooper - who was simply needed - was last season. There are a number of players in front of Kinsler who can play now. That's great for us. I still want to see this freak giant get into the second level. He may very well compete for a spot next season.

BONUS: I guess it's time to watch the Safety rotation. I wish we had enough Safeties to watch, anyway. I guess I'll keep an eye out for Harris and "Milk Carton" guys like Williams and Balom.
I just don't understand how Markeith Williams is a milk carton guy.

Advertisement
Back