Top 5 UM recruiting busts in the last 20 years (Long)

Wright has to be on the list over Clements. Wright was supposed to be the kid to keep the tradition alive and he flat out sucked.

Advertisement
LauderdaleBaller..Sorry bro but you are dead wrong on Tmoss and the MNW/BTW 11. First off, being on the practice squad doesnt mean ur in the league in my opinion. Thats like some minor league guy in baseball saying hes in the MLB. So by my count..Only TWO or the 11 are in the league. But thats not my main premise. Go and look at who the #2 ranked recruiting class was in 08' by some recruiting services. Yep, you guessed it..ALABAMA!!! That class started the dynasty for Christs sake. They are equilvalent to our 98-99 class! What did our #1 class leave behind? No bowl wins..No ACC titles...A bunch of excuses...And some of the mofos had the gall to leave early..Smh. Lol...We will agree to disagree but they were busts man.

And im gonna keep it short and sweet about Tmoss..If you saw him play in HS and you see how his career ended up..This wouldnt even be an argument. He was lazy, unmotivated, and fat when he left here. The Browns didnt even want him at rookie camp. And he was arguably the greatest RB in Broward county history. (And it might not be close.) Bust.

Well your definition of making the league isn't right... Haha you can't deny something that exists because of your misconstrued definition... T3/BH/ and Forston played in the NFL last season while Streeter and Spence was on the DL and BWash was on the practice squad... He was hurt for the majority of the year... They're getting NFL paycheck but you say it doesn't count...

As I stated earlier they underachiever but I wouldn't call them busts... As fans we had unrealistic expectations for them... But they also peaked during their sophomore years... I wouldn't classify them as busts especially when we had higher rated prospects who contributed nothing and they're aren't on your lists... Top 5 busts? Are you kidding me? We had Kyle Wright come through here... James Bryant? Wait what about Marve? He was supposed to start as a freshman... If your lists was the top underachievers then I'll agree but not a busts... You have all-conference players, nfl draft picks, and all time passers in that group... That's not a bust... Now underachievers yes they were...

As for Moss he may have been lazy but Payton balled out his freshman year, Gore carried the load until injury his sophomore year and he was Ballin out until his injury his junior... As a senior he still wasn't healthy and it didn't help he didn't posses a strong work ethic... I grew up in Lauderdale and throughout my 7th grade-9th grade years Tmoss was the man... But in all honesty most people recognized his flaws... Although he was a great player he benefited for playing in the wingt... He wasn't blazing fast but he was big and strong playing in an option offense... Everyone knew there was going to be an adjustment.... Was he even rated 5stars on rivals? I don't think so... He wasn't a bust but he was an underachiever...

If you include those prospects as busts what about guys like Geathers? Or even Hester? They contributed in some form but didn't have the impact on what they were brought in to do...

Advertisement
Back