Cane707

Redshirt Freshman
Top 5 coaches
1. Saban
2. Meyer
3. Swiney
4. Fisher
5. Shaw
Honorary mention: Bob Stoops, Jim Harbaugh. I would have said Mark Dantonio until his epic corching job in 2016.

Top 5 coRches
1. The entire SEC East Division, especially Butch Jones and Jim McElwain
2. Ed Orgeron- Can't believe LSU hired somebody with that awful of a resume
3. Lovie Smith
4. Brian Kelly
5. Al Golden's ghost
Honorary mention: David Beaty, Dave Doeren, Frank Spaziani, Rich Rodriguez, Charlie Strong (he seriously got another job?)

Advertisement
Top 5 coaches right now
1.Richt
2.Richt
3.Richt
4.Richt
5.Richt

51a0e2140bb674e6beed83fd810bdbdf.gif

Petersen is right behind Meyer. Patterson deserves to be on the list just as much as Shaw.

Dave Doeren has NC St on the up.

Advertisement
Look mom, another top 5 coaches thread! Can we go see it, please?!?!?!?

Top 5 coaches right now
1.Richt
2.Richt
3.Richt
4.Richt
5.Richt

So going 9-4 in your debut season makes you a top 5 coach? Fascinating standard.

Then your missing the humor factor a little, however, what do you thing Golden would have done with the same team? 9-4? Doubt it. First bowl victory in 10 years? Doubt it again. Getting a player like Colbert to buy in, help the team win, then recruit due to the experience, and get drafted after being written off by his former team. Ah, yeah, sure Paul Williams and Al Golden could do that.

We seem to forget - 1995 Michigan State 6–5–1, 2000 LSU 8–4, 2007, Alabama 7–6 - Nick Satan. 2001 Bowling Green 8–3, 2005 Florida 9–3 - two of Irvin Mayas stops.

Richt and crew are killing it recruiting and fighting threw a mess left by Golden and the damage of the last 3 staffs. People still seem to want to *****, I don't get it.

What makes Stoops so much better than Richt?

1. A national championship
2. A better record than Richt, even in Stoop's less productive seasons as of late
3. Not getting fired from a coaching job

Stoops isn't as great he was 10 years ago, but I'd still take him over Richt.

Advertisement
Top 5 coaches right now
1.Richt
2.Richt
3.Richt
4.Richt
5.Richt

So going 9-4 in your debut season makes you a top 5 coach? Fascinating standard.

Then your missing the humor factor a little, however, what do you thing Golden would have done with the same team? 9-4? Doubt it. First bowl victory in 10 years? Doubt it again. Getting a player like Colbert to buy in, help the team win, then recruit due to the experience, and get drafted after being written off by his former team. Ah, yeah, sure Paul Williams and Al Golden could do that.

We seem to forget - 1995 Michigan State 6–5–1, 2000 LSU 8–4, 2007, Alabama 7–6 - Nick Satan. 2001 Bowling Green 8–3, 2005 Florida 9–3 - two of Irvin Mayas stops.

Richt and crew are killing it recruiting and fighting threw a mess left by Golden and the damage of the last 3 staffs. People still seem to want to *****, I don't get it.

I didn't say the 9-4 made Richt a bad coach. It's just what about that makes Richt a top 5 coach?

And considering Al Golden actually did go 9-4 (albeit a rather crappy 9-4) in 2013, I'm not sure why people act like Golden would be incapable of attaining a 9-4 record.

Last edited:
I wonder how many coaches can slide into Dabos shoes with the money to have the most expensive handpicked coordinators year in year out like Morris and Venables would have similar success.

Advertisement

2. A better record than Richt, even in Stoop's less productive seasons as of late

73 post and your talking this type of s#:t?
View attachment 44886

Is there any website other than canesinsight where coaches like Richt and Butch Davis who have 0 national championships, only a few conference titles, have gotten fired from their last few jobs and had their best days over a decade ago are considered to be great coaches?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Doeren would have been fired long ago if he didn't have the worst OOC schedules I have ever seen. Seriously the SEC West plays better OOC schedules than NCSU does.

Are you a real Cane fan acknowledging Stoops 2000 national championship? We would've romped them if the BCS didn't **** us over.

Advertisement
Back