Top 5 backups

You agree with the list D? I also considered Coley, sandland, and Williams.

Good names. There is only one that jumps out that's not on there: Ereck Flowers. I'd put him #1.

bing ******* o. this is the one glaring overlook. Flowers is a beast and definitely could be starting if our starting tackles weren't excellent. Flowers will def get burn and will continue to put in work. love this kid

Advertisement
Also as someone mentioned I think Fig will also be a wrecking ball off the edge for us. although he might technically start a few games I think he has to be on this list as a top bench guy

In fact Fig will prove to be our best guy off the bench at one point and eventually start this year. got high hopes for this guy

Advertisement
Rodgers played much better towards the end of the season and is hardly the worst player on the team.

I don't even consider Flowers a backup. Bunche is in for the position battle of his life. If Flowers fully dedicates himself, he'll get at least 50% of the snaps, and I predict more.

Advertisement
I expect Carter to see time at safety pretty quickly and possibly start before the year is over

Love Crawford. He is pound-for-pound one of the best football players on the team.

Where do you see him making the biggest impact, corner or safety? I loved this kid coming out of HS and always thought he could make a big impact from the S position. I was disappointed he didn't get more burn last year.

We talking Dallas or Antonio? It looks like Dallas will be playing offense, and I think he will have a nice career as a "utility infielder" and special teams demon. He can play Wildcat QB, he can run, he can play in the slot, he's a demon on coverage units. Just an all-around football player.

I thought you were talking about Antonio but now I see you meant Dallas.

^^agree. neither are going anywhere. we can only hope that they only see the field in garbage time

Advertisement
or put Rodgers pressing in the slot like we saw some last year. he looked pretty good in that spot but LOST at safety

What's Figueroa like 210? He looks bigger than that.

listed at 231 as a true freshman... will be a straight beast in a couple years

Look at our lb's. DP, Gaines, Kirby, McCord, Cornelius, Blue, Armbrister, Grace, Terry, Fig, 007.

7-8 of them will be backups depending upon our scheme. However the starters work out we are going to have some serious talent chomping at the bit waiting to get in and kill someone.

Advertisement
I honestly don't see Larry Hope ever taking many meaningful snaps for this team. I think he turns into a career backup. Too much talent is being constantly recruited at that position as I see Artie taking Gunter's spot at corner spot and Antonio playing the nickel alot and Golden is going to keep getting top talent down here at the DB position for years. It's a good problem to have but that's a tough tower to climb at that position right now.

Rodgers is the eowrst football player on the team.

Highsmith very close number 2.

I'd bet that at least one of 'em isn't here in the fall.

What would be the point of releasing a senior @ an already thin position?

If they realize that they aren't gonna get much PT they may wanna transfer. They already have their degrees, so they can go anywhere and play immediately.

I don't think Dallas Crawford will ever see the field in meaningful moments. He's just a step too slow and a bit too small to be impactful. Hope I am wrong.

And I HOPE Cornelius can provide depth. I am not too confident. Kid is lost in coverage.

this thread makes me realize one thing, we CAN NOT afford for anyone to get hurt.

But guys will be injured. 2 more recruiting cycles to undue the depth damage done by randall.

The D will be improved, but not by too much.

I think it's time to stop blaming Randy this is Golden's team in year 3 just like it was Randy's team in year 3 not Coker's anymore..

Actually, the rumor is - that Miami has been under an NCAA investigation that muddied the water in the recruiting arena. Thus, while under normal circumstances three years may be a safe call, these were anything but ordinary circumstances. I'd say this is more like 60% Golden's team.

Randy left a great big hole in the ground. That hole had to be filled in before you could even get to an even ground level. I swear, I don't know what in **** he was thinking.

Advertisement
Back