Top 5 backups

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
1. Dallas Crawford

Special teams maverick. Dude is a true cane and a hard worker. Hard work can only pay off. I expect Crawford to spell duke this year and see even more wildcat with Crawford at QB.

2. Jamal Carter

Kid hasn't even stepped on campus yet but he will have an impact on the team this year, most likely on special teams. You cannot keep a kid like this on the bench. Don't expect a RS for this freshman.

3. Tyrone Cornelius

If Eddie Johnson doesn't make it to fall, TC might just be a starter, but ill pencil in Eddie for now. Say what you will about Tyrone, but it looks like UTOUGH has paid off for him. Dude is jacked this year and also adds a bunch of experience to the position.

4. Antonio Crawford

Has a real number this year. I expect Howard and Gunter to have each side locked down, and Crawford seems to be the best player behind them. He will also get an opportunity at punt return.

5. Kacy Rodgers/AJ Highsmith

I know, I know, but safety is a brutal position, especially the way from brings it. One if not both of these guys are going to be asked to step it up more than one time this year. If they can just be solid and not be a detriment, they will have played their role.

We are getting talented guys. Getting deep too, but we are still a very young team. Should be exciting to see all these new guys this year in increased roles.

Advertisement
Love Crawford. He is pound-for-pound one of the best football players on the team.

When you're on an NFL cross checkers list as a freshman. You're definitely doing something right.

Advertisement
Doesn't Tyrone Cornelius play WLB? I know he's not starting over DP, I think Kirby will push for a starting gig

this thread makes me realize one thing, we CAN NOT afford for anyone to get hurt.

But guys will be injured. 2 more recruiting cycles to undue the depth damage done by randall.

The D will be improved, but not by too much.

Advertisement
Didn't want to list waters because I think he will be heavy in the rotation. We are so loaded at WR.

I'm hoping that Corey King can make this list by mid season and I believe Mr Burns will be numero uno.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love Crawford. He is pound-for-pound one of the best football players on the team.

Where do you see him making the biggest impact, corner or safety? I loved this kid coming out of HS and always thought he could make a big impact from the S position. I was disappointed he didn't get more burn last year.

Crawford will not play safety here. Corner all the way. I think he will make his biggest impact on punt returns this year.

this thread makes me realize one thing, we CAN NOT afford for anyone to get hurt.

But guys will be injured. 2 more recruiting cycles to undue the depth damage done by randall.

The D will be improved, but not by too much.

I think it's time to stop blaming Randy this is Golden's team in year 3 just like it was Randy's team in year 3 not Coker's anymore..

Advertisement

Where do you see him making the biggest impact, corner or safety? I loved this kid coming out of HS and always thought he could make a big impact from the S position. I was disappointed he didn't get more burn last year.

We talking Dallas or Antonio? It looks like Dallas will be playing offense, and I think he will have a nice career as a "utility infielder" and special teams demon. He can play Wildcat QB, he can run, he can play in the slot, he's a demon on coverage units. Just an all-around football player.

Agree that Flowers is #1. Looking forward to see what Hope and Dorch can do, I expect one of those to be a "surprise" this year.

I sleep on Larry Hope. I'm excited and anxious to see what this coaching staff is made of via player progression.

Advertisement
Back