Top 5 backups

Advertisement
Few things..

1) I got high hopes for Dallas Craw but if he doesnt show me something this year he will get left behind. We already got Yearby on board and if Sony comes I just see him being one of those guys who keeps switching positions just to get on the field. This is his year to prove that he can be a real contributor on the team. We NEED him next year. I just cant put my hopes on Danny Dillard or a true freshmen Week 2 against the Gators. Game is too big. This is Dallas 3rd year in the program. Time to step up and help Duke with this thing..

2) A poster said that he expected Jamal Carter to start at some point this year. Over who?? Bush/Jenkins??? Not happening! You guys are really sleeping on Jenkins. The only way he starts is if Highsmith/Rodgers REALLY REALLY suck or if Jenkins or Bush have season ending injuries. I think the kid is a man child too and at some point it is gonna be hard to keep him off the field but not next year.

3) I pray that Flowers beats out Bunche. I would feel VERY good having him and Seantrel protecting Stephen come Week 2.

I pray that Flowers beats out Bunche

I concur... I think Bunche is clearly an inside guy. He's a mauler extraordinaire but his feet leave something to be desired... Something a left tackle must have.

I don't even consider Flowers a backup. Bunche is in for the position battle of his life. If Flowers fully dedicates himself, he'll get at least 50% of the snaps, and I predict more.

i agree. he did a very job before seantrell made his way back into the starting lineup. however, why did he not start over Bunche at LT?

Advertisement
Back