Top 3 UM Bounty games I've Seen

Jassid82

Senior
Premium
Me and Franchise dont agree on much. (although I respect that man as Cane brethren) But he and I agree on one thing and thats how bad we want our defense to F' Dalvin cook up on Saturday. Im actually blood thirsty. I want this defense to have a personal bounty on this kid. Nothing that will get out in the public or get anyone in trouble..nothing involving money. Maybe a few rounds at a local bar or some hot wings. But they have to take this match-up personal.

This kid has $hitted on the 305, had career games against us, and has a deep hate for UM that is unexplainable for a kid who grew up in the city. Most kids have the "Hey, I didnt choose UM because it wasnt for me but I will always root for them secretly". Cook? I think this guy really hates us and GOOD. So with that said, I am naming the top "Bounty" games I can remember. Basically a list of games where we had an individual hate for someone on the other team..Where are guys were just teeing off every chance they got with no mercy.

3) David Klingler 91' - I remember this game and how bad our guys wanted Klinglers head on a stake. Klingler came in with all kinds of hype. Throwing for 500 yards a game. Unstoppable. Jesse, Darrin, and Mike Barrow took this game personal. I remember Daryl Williams and Charles Pharms destroying any WR that came across that middle. Jessie and Rusty Medearis were in Klinglers face all game. We walked off that field with the nation knowing that we were not to be F'd with.

2) Rocket Ismail 89' - We had just came off getting screwed out of the national title the year before. And Rocket Ismail was the "hottest thing on the streets". This is on record as the loudest the OB had EVER been. ND had no chance and Rocket Ismail was almost scared half the night to even catch the ball. I remember how amped the team and defense was to get at the Rocket. And boy did we Rocket his a$$ back to South Bend. Wont ever forget the feeling of being at this game. You can tell these guys took it personal especially the WR corp. (Dale Dawkins, Wesley Carroll, and Randall Hill)

1) Marvin Graves 93' - We had just come off losing to FSU in embarrassing fashion. Charlie Ward was the man and did us in. Marvin Graves was the "poor mans" Charlie and was talking mad **** all week about how he was basically going to do what Charlie did to us and how we had taken a step back. Too this day...I have never seen ANY opponent throwing up as much as Marvin was once we got through with him. We sacked this guy at least 9 times. Kevin Patrick and Darren Krein were possessed that night. Marvin Graves jersey was so dirty and filthy and full of vomit that it was disgusting looking. Needless to say we won 49-0 and Marvin shut his **** mouth.

Feel free to add on but on Sunday, October 9th 2016....I want Dalvin Cooks name at the top of this list.

Advertisement
Brian Bosworth the Oklahoma linebacker back in the 80's?

Didnt they call him the night before in his hotel room and shake him up a little

Me and Franchise dont agree on much. (although I respect that man as Cane brethren) But he and I agree on one thing and thats how bad we want our defense to F' Dalvin cook up on Saturday. Im actually blood thirsty. I want this defense to have a personal bounty on this kid. Nothing that will get out in the public or get anyone in trouble..nothing involving money. Maybe a few rounds at a local bar or some hot wings. But they have to take this match-up personal.

This kid has $hitted on the 305, had career games against us, and has a deep hate for UM that is unexplainable for a kid who grew up in the city. Most kids have the "Hey, I didnt choose UM because it wasnt for me but I will always root for them secretly". Cook? I think this guy really hates us and GOOD. So with that said, I am naming the top "Bounty" games I can remember. Basically a list of games where we had an individual hate for someone on the other team..Where are guys were just teeing off every chance they got with no mercy.

3) David Klingler 91' - I remember this game and how bad our guys wanted Klinglers head on a stake. Klingler came in with all kinds of hype. Throwing for 500 yards a game. Unstoppable. Jesse, Darrin, and Mike Barrow took this game personal. I remember Daryl Williams and Charles Pharms destroying any WR that came across that middle. Jessie and Rusty Medearis were in Klinglers face all game. We walked off that field with the nation knowing that we were not to be F'd with.

2) Rocket Ismail 89' - We had just came off getting screwed out of the national title the year before. And Rocket Ismail was the "hottest thing on the streets". This is on record as the loudest the OB had EVER been. ND had no chance and Rocket Ismail was almost scared half the night to even catch the ball. I remember how amped the team and defense was to get at the Rocket. And boy did we Rocket his a$$ back to South Bend. Wont ever forget the feeling of being at this game. You can tell these guys took it personal especially the WR corp. (Dale Dawkins, Wesley Carroll, and Randall Hill)

1) Marvin Graves 93' - We had just come off losing to FSU in embarrassing fashion. Charlie Ward was the man and did us in. Marvin Graves was the "poor mans" Charlie and was talking mad **** all week about how he was basically going to do what Charlie did to us and how we had taken a step back. Too this day...I have never seen ANY opponent throwing up as much as Marvin was once we got through with him. We sacked this guy at least 9 times. Kevin Patrick and Darren Krein were possessed that night. Marvin Graves jersey was so dirty and filthy and full of vomit that it was disgusting looking. Needless to say we won 49-0 and Marvin shut his **** mouth.

Feel free to add on but on Sunday, October 9th 2016....I want Dalvin Cooks name at the top of this list.

Graves Manhandled By Um Defense - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel

Some great quotes in there.

Edit. Another good article on that game: COLLEGE FOOTBALL - Miami, and 3 Yards, Silence Syracuse - NYTimes.com

Last edited:

Graves Manhandled By Um Defense - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel

Some great quotes in there.

Edit. Another good article on that game: COLLEGE FOOTBALL - Miami, and 3 Yards, Silence Syracuse - NYTimes.com

It was one of the more forgotten games but lord have mercy will I never forget it. Lol.

Advertisement
Wasn't the head coach of that '91 Houston team, Jenkins, the one who ran around the sidelines with a bullhorn?

That '89 Canes game, and the '85 Monday Night game against the Bears was and still is the craziest and best games ever at that stadium! It was as if the stadium collapsed onto that field, one of the few times I can recall going to a game as a kid, nervous and anxious (like any 10 and then 14 year old would), and then experiencing how that stadium was, the goosebumps, my hair rising from the electricity that night, the noise deafening that my dad couldn't hear me as I was screaming to him, and knowing without any doubt, that we were going to win! All my nerves were swept away prior to kickoff, and it was just time to sit back and enjoy that ride cus we were going to win

Only time I ever saw my dad scream like a girl with excitement lmao

Advertisement
proxy.php

was at UM during those games and went to most of them! To be completely honest I couldn't care if Cook gets so abused in this game he never steps back on a field again. The kid is pure trash and it's funny his "type", like A Smith, who's mom left the room crying when he blindsided HER, all seem to go to F$U. It's those kind of kids that the dirty TE coach up in Trailerhassee seem to look for. Thankfully 99% of them usually end up busts!

Not sure if you consider it a bounty game, but definitely a revenge game and boy did we take our revenge. Washington '00. On the way in A fellow Cane asked me what I thought the score was going to be and I said its gonna be ugly, like 58-0 ugly. The jackass husky fans that heard me laughed. I had the spread right, just not the final(65-7), and what a beat down! It's taken until now for UW to recover. I think we scored every possible way you can in football. It was soooooo satisfying.

Go Canes!

I'd like to see switzer get his head ripped off for the broken U bs he pulled off last year also. cook 1a switzer 1b

Advertisement
Texas RB and KR Chris Samuels trashtalked about our team to media prior to 1991 Cotton Bowl match up. Robert Bailey told his teammates that he would take care of him in the game. On very first play of the game, Bailey delivered a boom to knock him out during the kickoff return.

Didnt they call him the night before in his hotel room and shake him up a little

They did, but he still had a **** of a game. Bosworth, like him or not, he would've fit in well here.

Advertisement
Stan Thomas Texas OL in 90 Colton Bowl he bad mouthed Russell Maryland who had 3 1/2 sacks by halftime

Except he had a career game. Knocked Bratton's helmet and almost head off on one hit. His team lost but he played well.

They did, but he still had a **** of a game. Bosworth, like him or not, he would've fit in well here.
Thanks for the analysis,

Lets just go ahead and say anyone ever in the history of the game with a big mouth or ego would have fit in here so you don't have to *** up every thread like this.

Advertisement
Back