Top 2018 Remaining Targets (By Importance)

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
Tried to make this list as realistic as possible even though there is 11 months left in the 2018 recruiting cycle:

1. WR - Mark Pope
2. DT - Taron Vincent (long shot, but would be huge)
3. OL - William Barnes
4. WR/TE - Warren Thompson
5. TE - Brevin Jordan
6. QB - Artur Sitkowski
7. CB - Al Blades
8. DT - Dennis Briggs
9. S - Gurvan Hall
10. DT - Jordan Davis
11. CB - Tyson Campbell
12. WR - Xavier Williams
13. OG - Ed Montilus
14. DT - Jamarcus Chatman
15. WR - Brian Hightower
16. LB - Rosendo Louis
17. DE - Kayode Oladele
18. LB - David Reese
19. WR - Kevin Austin
20. LB/S - Jamien Sherwood

Feel free to post your own lists

Advertisement
FYI just as a numbers reference. Our commits now, minus Burns and Patterson + 20 more targets would give us a class of 29 in 2018.

Somewhere around that would be my guess on what the class size will be

Last edited:
Advertisement
FYI just as a numbers reference. Our commits now, minus Burns and Patterson + 20 more targets would give us a class of 29 in 2018. Someone around that would be my guess on what the class size will be

I don't think you're going to see 29 in this class. We only have room for 11 with graduating seniors. Sure there's also guys that will go pro early like Walton, but I doubt you see many leave early after this season. Then there's your basic attrition, which could be where you see a real purge of about 6-8 guys if I had to take a guess. I think Miami has a class somewhere between 20-24 based on who wants in.

Tried to make this list as realistic as possible even though there is 11 months left in the 2018 recruiting cycle:

1. WR - Mark Pope
2. DT - Taron Vincent (long shot, but would be huge)
3. OL - William Barnes
4. WR/TE - Warren Thompson
5. TE - Brevin Jordan
6. QB - Artur Sitkowski
7. CB - Al Blades
8. DT - Dennis Briggs
9. S - Gurvan Hall
10. DT - Jordan Davis
11. CB - Tyson Campbell
12. WR - Xavier Williams
13. OG - Ed Montilus
14. DT - Jamarcus Chatman
15. WR - Brian Hightower
16. LB - Rosendo Louis
17. DE - Kayode Oladele
18. LB - David Reese
19. WR - Kevin Austin
20. LB/S - Jamien Sherwood

Feel free to post your own lists

Agree on 1 but for me Tyson Campbell is clear cut #2

Advertisement
I like the list. I would flip Hall with Thompson and put Campbell right above Artur but that's just nitpicking.

Advertisement
Lol been a while since we looked a list of great players and had most of them be realistic catches.

FYI just as a numbers reference. Our commits now, minus Burns and Patterson + 20 more targets would give us a class of 29 in 2018. Someone around that would be my guess on what the class size will be

I don't think you're going to see 29 in this class. We only have room for 11 with graduating seniors. Sure there's also guys that will go pro early like Walton, but I doubt you see many leave early after this season. Then there's your basic attrition, which could be where you see a real purge of about 6-8 guys if I had to take a guess. I think Miami has a class somewhere between 20-24 based on who wants in.

This is wrong.

We also have 4 open scholarships + those 11 seniors. So there's 15. Then you have 10 RS Jrs, many of whom wont be back for a 5th year. That's around 20-21 even before any real roster purging/attrition

we have 82 on ship. doesn't count attrition before the start of the season. don't forget EE's and a small class last year. We CAN take 29.

Advertisement
FYI just as a numbers reference. Our commits now, minus Burns and Patterson + 20 more targets would give us a class of 29 in 2018.

Theres no way this class is going to get to 29 that's a lot of attrition.

we have 82 on ship. doesn't count attrition before the start of the season. don't forget EE's and a small class last year. We CAN take 29.
Well Cedrick wright just got kicked so we're working our way up

Theres no way this class is going to get to 29 that's a lot of attrition.

So 1 DT and DE?

I listed 4 DTs

At DE, besides Oladele, I don't think Kool has started to single out his top targets yet.. And its not as important of a position given that we landed DJ and Garvin in 2017 and JJ/Bethel in 2016

Flip Hightower and Thompson. Flip Campbell and Blades. Somehow move up Hall.

I wanted to move up Hall, but then kept thinking that even if we don't get him (which i know he's almost a lock) we're pretty solid with Jobe, Russell, Carter, Frierson, Smith, etc. at Safety moving forward

Advertisement
Back