2022 Top 100 4⭐ CB Jahlil Florence

It’s also worth noting, and I hate to admit this, but Dan Lanning is a helluva recruiter, as well, and is now sporting a Nat’l Championship Ring as a DC. It’s another reason y I didn’t want UGA to win. I highlighted how it will be bad in our own backyard from a UGA standpoint, but Lanning may be problems, too. When he was hired, I checked out his recruiting profile & immediately said a silent F.

It’s going to be very interesting; again, I’m not giving up hope, I still say there’s a 50/50 shot. I just didn’t know he visited UO b/c it’s not on his timeline, however we still have Mario & that relationship, so we’ll see.

Advertisement
Pretty clear by Mario’s hirings that his first second and third priorities is along the trentches
I agree with that approach
Build a monster along both lines and there are enough skill guys in sflorida to not stress to much

while true, we literally had a cycle w zero CB commits.

It’s also worth noting, and I hate to admit this, but Dan Lanning is a helluva recruiter, as well, and is now sporting a Nat’l Championship Ring as a DC. It’s another reason y I didn’t want UGA to win. I highlighted how it will be bad in our own backyard from a UGA standpoint, but Lanning may be problems, too. When he was hired, I checked out his recruiting profile & immediately said a silent F.

It’s going to be very interesting; again, I’m not giving up hope, I still say there’s a 50/50 shot. I just didn’t know he visited UO b/c it’s not on his timeline, however we still have Mario & that relationship, so we’ll see.

Yeah I still think we have a chance, I did not read it as I am shutting down but obviously I liked our chances before him cancelling the trip more than I do now. I posted this a few pages back but like 2 weeks ago he had an interview with 247 when he dropped his top 5 and these were direct quotes:

"I'm, probably going to commit on Signing Day," Florence said. "Right now, I'm still trying to figure out all my trip dates. The only one I know for sure will be to Miami on (Jan. 14). "

"I know I can take a visit on the 21st and the 28th but don't have anything else set up right now. I visited USC right before the dead period in December and I took my visit to Oregon during the season. I know I can visit Oregon again since they have a new staff but I'm not planning to do that right now."

So out of his own mouth he went to Oregon but he was basically like nah im good on going back, I know I can take more visits but the only one I am taking is Miami. I felt strong about our position after reading that now and I am like you on the 50/50 train.

Advertisement
Yeah I still think we have a chance, I did not read it as I am shutting down but obviously I liked our chances before him cancelling the trip more than I do now. I posted this a few pages back but like 2 weeks ago he had an interview with 247 when he dropped his top 5 and these were direct quotes:

"I'm, probably going to commit on Signing Day," Florence said. "Right now, I'm still trying to figure out all my trip dates. The only one I know for sure will be to Miami on (Jan. 14). "

"I know I can take a visit on the 21st and the 28th but don't have anything else set up right now. I visited USC right before the dead period in December and I took my visit to Oregon during the season. I know I can visit Oregon again since they have a new staff but I'm not planning to do that right now."

So out of his own mouth he went to Oregon but he was basically like nah im good on going back, I know I can take more visits but the only one I am taking is Miami. I felt strong about our position after reading that now and I am like you on the 50/50 train.

Ah; that’s y it pays to read articles vs. relying upon timelines from 247 (which I feel used to be more accurate than they are today.)

I did read, however, that UO is trying to use his teammate as a lure. But I know for sure he wasn’t using us in any way, & just knowing how SD kids work, I highly doubt he would use family as an excuse not to come. I take him at his word w/ that.

It’s funny to me how heart broken we’re becoming on kids who weren’t even on our radar 1 month ago. Lol

To keep it 1000, I gave up on the Class of ‘22 completely b/c of the previous staph. At this point, I just rather be pleasantly surprised. Unlike Riley, Mario wasn’t in the biz or stripping UO’s clsss to come w/ him to Miami, so I have sensible reasoning to understand it’s difficult to recruit at an elite level in a short period of time. It’s all gravy at this point.

Last edited:
Ah; that’s y it pays to read articles vs. relying upon timelines from 247 (which I feel used to be more accurate than they are today.)

I did read, however, that UO is trying to use his teammate as a lure. But I know for sure he wasn’t using us in any way, & just knowing how SD kids work, I highly doubt he would use family as an excuse not to come. I take him at his word w/ that.

It’s funny to me how heart broken we’re becoming on kids who weren’t even on our radar 1 month ago. Lol

To keep it 1000, I gave up on the Class of ‘22 completely b/c of the previous staph. At this point, I just rather be pleasantly surprised. Unlike Riley, Mario wasn’t in the biz or stripping UO’s clsss to come w/ him to Miami, so u have sensible reasoning to understand it’s difficult to recruit at an elite level in a short period of time. It’s all gravy at this point.
Amen brother
Keeping everything in perspective
Adding two elite edges in Kelly and moss
Is more than anything we could have expected by manny
If he can add luli and that stud tackle and shemar it doesn’t matter who else he gets or doesn’t get
That’s an a++++ class given the circumstances

Advertisement
Huge reach here but yesterday, Florence announces he's no longer visiting and basically shut recruitment down. Today, a eport comes out Addae is moving on at UGA and shortly thereafter another tweet about TRob being a candidate to replace Addae at UGA.

Maybe Florence was given notice TRob is leaving and he just didn't want to deal with waiting to see how things play out so decided to stick with Oregon.
OR maybe he was told dj James is coming and we don't have a spot... Considering he's the leader of this Oregon class it probably means we get none of those other Oregon kids also... Just a guess.

Advertisement
OR maybe he was told dj James is coming and we don't have a spot... Considering he's the leader of this Oregon class it probably means we get none of those other Oregon kids also... Just a guess.

Is James that good that you possibly pass on a top CB recruit and possibly some others you recruited to Oregon?

Would have preferred Florence to Jaden Davis.... too bad. I get not wanting to bring in 4 Freshman CBs in this class, but tough to tell Florence no, regardless what CB transfers in.... I mean DJ James really shouldn't be affecting Florence after all - neither should Stevenson staying. We needed a portal CB no matter what, and two if Stevenson had left. Really it seems like the bigger thing is none of the CBs currently on the roster appear to be leaving, even though it was speculated 2 would be....

Advertisement
Would have preferred Florence to Jaden Davis.... too bad. I get not wanting to bring in 4 Freshman CBs in this class, but tough to tell Florence no, regardless what CB transfers in.... I mean DJ James really shouldn't be affecting Florence after all - neither should Stevenson staying. We needed a portal CB no matter what, and two if Stevenson had left. Really it seems like the bigger thing is none of the CBs currently on the roster appear to be leaving, even though it was speculated 2 would be....
I stated this earlier...

I think Mario may have pumped the brakes due to limited spots. We have signed 10 so far. There are at least 12 kids left on the table. Granted some are reaches... Conerly (OT), Shemer (DT), Luli (OG), Halton (DT), Pyburn (DE), McCoy (OT), Miller (DT)- not likely, Citizen (RB) - not likely, Dudley (LB) - not likely, Moten (DT) and Thomas (DE). We have a limited class, so only 5 more = 15 + portal guys. We are desperate for DT's and OL's and we already took 3 CB's in Rodgers, Graves and Harris. Maybe Mario circles back near signing day.

I stated this earlier...

I think Mario may have pumped the brakes due to limited spots. We have signed 10 so far. There are at least 12 kids left on the table. Granted some are reaches... Conerly (OT), Shemer (DT), Luli (OG), Halton (DT), Pyburn (DE), McCoy (OT), Miller (DT)- not likely, Citizen (RB) - not likely, Dudley (LB) - not likely, Moten (DT) and Thomas (DE). We have a limited class, so only 5 more = 15 + portal guys. We are desperate for DT's and OL's and we already took 3 CB's in Rodgers, Graves and Harris. Maybe Mario circles back near signing day.
I don't think you pump the brakes on a kid with that kind of talent. Stack em!

lol
I stated this earlier...

there’s no way you say no to kid with that talent…he could possibly come in and start.

You can never have enough corners.

I hear you both, but we need trench bullies... and we've got none. We have very few spots left. DT for instance, we only have Hunte, Miller and Taylor. Who are we gonna play with an injury or 2, DE's? We need 2 DT's => most likely Shemer and Moten. Other likely recruits: OG - Luli and OT - McCoy. That leaves One spot left for a possible grand slam like Conerly and one best available in a position of need like RB or maybe a DE/LB/CB. The rest will be transfers. Ivey just announced he was staying and its likely we land CB transfer - DJ James.

Advertisement
Back