2022 Top 100 4⭐ CB Jahlil Florence

Advertisement
Out of curiosity, if he's not making the trip and we're out (which isn't always the case), where do you all guess he ends up?

Out of curiosity, if he's not making the trip and we're out (which isn't always the case), where do you all guess he ends up?
Oregon imo, and I'm not hoping one of his family members has Covid or anything. Just weird timing...I guess we'll find out soon enough.

FWIW it takes about the same time to get to Miami (and is even quicker half of the time or more) from San Diego as it does to get to Eugene from San Diego. Kind of crazy, but there aren't a ton of flights and you have to connect while there is a non-stop SAN-MIA flight and a SAN-FLL flight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you sure? Someone mentioned he was committed to Oregon and never visited. Don't know how true that is though.

No clue. Just speaking in Miami. I can’t recall a recruit ever signing with Miami that didn’t visit. I know things are different now with Covid and virtual tours but it’s never been done that I can remember

No clue. Just speaking in Miami. I can’t recall a recruit ever signing with Miami that didn’t visit. I know things are different now with Covid and virtual tours but it’s never been done that I can remember
Kevin Coleman

His former teammate and current cane Keyshawn Smith did. Though his circumstances were a bit unique signing with Wash st and being released due to their HC change.

Advertisement
Did Keyshawn Smith visit? I thought he committed without any visits.
Correct, and Florence apparently wanted to commit site unseen and Mario said he should visit first. I don't think this is a sign of anything recruiting related. These kids all use the term "business" or "business decision" with recruitments. He made a point that it was "personal."

Advertisement
He was offered so late he couldn’t.

Right, I remember he was a late surprise.

I am changing my tune on this. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if this kid picks us despite not visiting. I think Mario holds that much weight with him and his family. He also said he wants to go where he knows that he will be developed. Uh, Travaris Robinson? Yeah. Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Advertisement
Back