Top 10 Recruiting Budgets

They haven’t on the field yet, but FSU has the #1 ranked player in the Nation committed in 5-star CB/WR Travis Hunter, plus 5-star S Sam McCall, high 4-star QB AJ Duffy & are in line to sign another high ranked 4-star WR in Kevin Coleman, plus have 3 high 4-star OL’s committed.

Now obviously, they could all end up decommitting later on, but their investment into recruiting is eventually going to result in a good accumilation of talent.

Tennessee is just a QB away from completely flipping things upside down, they’ve been spending a pretty penny for the last 3 years & now that they have the right coach, once they find a legit QB they’re going to be a good team.

Whether it produces immediate results or not, I commend their efforts to at least be willing to spend what it takes to compete. The majority of the teams in the top 10 have had either success on the field or on the recruiting trail or both, so it just shows that these programs get it & recognize the cost of success.

The only ones that haven’t figured it out yet is us, hence why we suck & continue to suck.

Oh I applaud the commitment for sure

Advertisement
I think it's both. The unique thing about Mario is that he can take advantage of our desperation, given his leverage. He's already on a Top 10 team.

Richt used some of that leverage (big assistant budget, new facilities, letting his son call plays) and he had just gotten fired.
Do you have the number of what the assistants budget was under Richt? Ik Kul/TB were getting paid big.

we need a legit recruiting department similar to what uga/bama has with legit coaches that actually platyed football HIRED in those spots that are reviewing film/making contacts etc. I like what we do with the girls who does the edits. Just feel like we may need a bit more int hat recruiting depatment...maybe can get some former players or even s.fla high school up n coming type coaches at that sort of spot.

I think uga pays those guys 30k or so. We wouldnt have to pay that much to get legit folks in that department. I know i **** sure would intern for free and training table.

An example:
"A deep dive into Smart’s recruiting infrastructure – his spin on Saban’s fabled “Process” – illuminates just how Smart has nudged Georgia into the highest echelon of college football. The breadth, intensity and sheer numbers in Georgia’s recruiting operation combine with Smart’s maniacal insistency that the recruiting be based on personal touches. There’s nine new full-time employees in Georgia’s football office, most focused on recruiting, being paid more than $500,000 annually to fuel the operation. There’s also a phalanx of more than 60 support staff members, interns and students who have created one of the most vast and sophisticated recruiting ecosystems in college football. “Kirby took it from a Mustang and turned it into a Ferrari,” said Georgia linebacker coach Kevin Sherrer, who worked under Richt.

We wouldnt need 500k to do this...on a smaller scale around 100-200k would be enough to suffice imo.
We’re in line on the same thoughts. I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. No, we don’t need a $500k recruiting staff, but we need a competent recruiting staff. I was thinking maybe $250k for it.

We’re in line on the same thoughts. I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. No, we don’t need a $500k recruiting staff, but we need a competent recruiting staff. I was thinking maybe $250k for it.
we are never paying that for a recruiting staff

Advertisement
Our recruiting budget is in the top 20. Slightly over $1 million.

I saw the prior year numbers and I think we were 19th... which doesn't include other private schools that I have not seen. I would imagine ND and USC would be above us as well so 21ish.

It puts into perspective the real issue at hand...

Miami doesn’t spend in recruiting, nor pay top dollar for coaches, so the reason why we’ve been stuck in 18 years of college football purgatory is because the people in charge of the program haven’t evolved to understanding the business of college football.

We’re sitting on a potential Gold mine that doesn’t produce any Gold because we refuse to buy any excavators.
Patke 30 years from now still looking for a UM caliber LB.

old-prospector-panning-for-gold-in-a-western-sunset-picture-id181137155

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back