Top 10 or Bust

Advertisement
DE and LB are major question marks and can’t afford an injury to either position

Top 10 sounds nice, but I’m more concerned with 10 wins or bust. Idk if 10-2 gets you a top 10 ranking depending on who the losses are to and how bad, but an ACCCG appearance / avoiding a blowout to Clemson and a 10-2 regular season record is a sure fire improvement.

So, for example, if we go 10-2 with losses to Bama and UNC we need to change coaches?

Just cause we miss the acccg?
10-2 with losses to Bama and UNC and keep bringing in solid recruiting classes with stud players? Yes please… though I really want to beat UNC. To me beating them is more important than Bama.

Advertisement
The two most important games for us to win, in order of importance, IMO are:

1. FSU - A loss to them under the current state of their program is a horrific fail. It creates a bad perception, hurts us in recruiting and signifies trouble for the HC.​
2. UNC - We need to get this monkey off our back to show that we are progressing and that we’re relevant in the ACCCG picture, which means relevance to the playoff picture​

So, for example, if we go 10-2 with losses to Bama and UNC we need to change coaches?

Just cause we miss the acccg?

I tried editing this post while on a flight but it appears it never went through, my apologies. That's the only scenario in which it can still be a respectable season, assuming the UNC game is close. If we still lose by say 13+ (don't see it happening), then it will be as disappointing of a 10-2 regular season as you can have. Still something to build off for sure, especially how RVA mentioned we're stockpiling talent and depth. That's also not to say we won't still make the ACCCG, because I still think UNC isn't good enough to run the table in the Coastal...think they trip up at least one game not including ours.

Advertisement
Back