Top 10 or Bust

astabooty

Redshirt Freshman
Tell me why we shouldn't be a top 10 team at the end of the year. I've only got two reasons for you:

- A history of let downs, turning us into mopes
- Losing 4 very good players (JP, Borregales, Brevin and Roche). Personally I think Borregales will be this biggest loss here until his brother shows us otherwise.

But fck that, I'm fired up and I think we got enough going in our favor to warrant a top 10 season:

1) We are one of the most experienced teams in the nation.
Let's not understate how important this factor is. An extra year of strength, speed, maturity and experience means a lot at the college level and we're going to see that play out in our favor.

2) A much improved offense
We should see another big jump this year.

You can't tell me that the o-line shouldn't be noticeably better this year with the added strength, experience, competition and with big ole Navaugh thrown in there. Will we be Wisconsin-esque or something? Probably not, but we shouldn't have to in order to excel offensively.

Next, we are only losing one starter from last year. And while I'm a huge fan of Brevin Jordan, it's not like we relied on him, unfortunately due to his injuries and seemingly from being under-utilized. We'll go to Mallory once again, but unlike last year we got a stud true freshman and future standout in Arroyo. So I see no drop-off there.

WR should hopefully be a night and day difference from last year. I think we can all trust Harley to be solid as fck. If Rambo at worst is a Wiggins who can actually catch the ball, we're fckin. Redding and/or Keyshawn may end being that dude, you know? Restrepo looks like he's going to be big, reliable chain mover on this team. If Pope is unfortunately getting a lot of reps this year, at leasttruth is he is way more serviceable in the slot than outside. And then we still got the 3 true freshmen who all could be in the mix - look out for my boy Breshard turning into a play marker.

At QB we got King. That's enough said for me if he's healthy. And unlike any other year in decades, it sounds like we have legit backups who could come in and not miss a beat.

At RB we are in a much better position than last year. The three backs are all 1 year older. Cam is in his money year. Knighton is no longer a true freshman going out there for the first time. Neither is Chaney of course, although he may need an extra month or so into the season to get things rolling after his surgery.

And last but not least, I hope Lashlee shows out with lots of improvement after coming during a covid season.

3) Our defense is going to be better this year and you can't tell me otherwise
Manny Diaz is back in charge. Love him or hate him, he's miles better as a DC than fckin Blake Baker, no matter that he has to split responsibilities as a DC and head coach. He's a lot better than Baker. And let us not forget how quickly he turned our D around before.

The obvious hindrance against our defense this year is missing the contributions from Jalean and Quincy. They will be missed, no doubt. But one thing is for sure, Manny's defense produces pressure. We should have no doubt that we'll be get TFLs and sacks this year. But the question will be how improved will our interior D-line be? Will their improvements be enough to offset the loss of our starting d-ends? I think it's possible. Then you got Jess Simpson coming back and hopefully improving our run D.

Our defensive backs should be so so so much better this year. T-mother-fckin Robinson is here acting as a savior. I expect Ivey to have a really good year. I don't care how much we deservedly dogged him, T-Rob loves him. T-Rob is going to coaching all these cornerbacks up, which is only going to improve our passing efficiency, turnovers and pass rush. Add to that our new portal star, Stevenson. On top of that, Gilbert's got some talented youngins breathing down his neck, so the striker position should be better as well. And one last thing, let us not forget for the first 4 games of last year Bolden was clearly the best player on defense and looking like an all-American. Here's hoping he can replicate that form for the entire season.

And then there's the elephant in the room, the LB unit. I could talk about Keontra and I should. But all I really gotta say is this. Manny is Mr. Adapt to survive and Mr. Portal, yet he chose not to bring in a transfer. Whether that was a mistake remains to be seen, but that alone shows his confidence in his group.

Advertisement
The Alabama game is what it is. We pull the upset and I'm staring down the barrel a 30-day ban.

Season hinges on the UNC game and not slipping up anywhere else. 10-2 with losses to Bama and UNC would be an improvement and a successful season, but Manny needs to get that Mack Brown monkey off his back. 11-1 with our only loss coming against Bama in the opener and we're probably top 5.

12-0 > everything though.

Tell me why we shouldn't be a top 10 team at the end of the year. I've only got two reasons for you:

- A history of let downs, turning us into mopes
- Losing 4 very good players (JP, Borregales, Brevin and Roche). Personally I think Borregales will be this biggest loss here until his brother shows us otherwise.

But fck that, I'm fired up and I think we got enough going in our favor to warrant a top 10 season:

1) We are one of the most experienced teams in the nation.
Let's not understate how important this factor is. An extra year of strength, speed, maturity and experience means a lot at the college level and we're going to see that play out in our favor.

2) A much improved offense
We should see another big jump this year.

You can't tell me that the o-line shouldn't be noticeably better this year with the added strength, experience, competition and with big ole Navaugh thrown in there. Will we be Wisconsin-esque or something? Probably not, but we shouldn't have to in order to excel offensively.

Next, we are only losing one starter from last year. And while I'm a huge fan of Brevin Jordan, it's not like we relied on him, unfortunately due to his injuries and seemingly from being under-utilized. We'll go to Mallory once again, but unlike last year we got a stud true freshman and future standout in Arroyo. So I see no drop-off there.

WR should hopefully be a night and day difference from last year. I think we can all trust Harley to be solid as fck. If Rambo at worst is a Wiggins who can actually catch the ball, we're fckin. Redding and/or Keyshawn may end being that dude, you know? Restrepo looks like he's going to be big, reliable chain mover on this team. If Pope is unfortunately getting a lot of reps this year, at leasttruth is he is way more serviceable in the slot than outside. And then we still got the 3 true freshmen who all could be in the mix - look out for my boy Breshard turning into a play marker.

At QB we got King. That's enough said for me if he's healthy. And unlike any other year in decades, it sounds like we have legit backups who could come in and not miss a beat.

At RB we are in a much better position than last year. The three backs are all 1 year older. Cam is in his money year. Knighton is no longer a true freshman going out there for the first time. Neither is Chaney of course, although he may need an extra month or so into the season to get things rolling after his surgery.

And last but not least, I hope Lashlee shows out with lots of improvement after coming during a covid season.

3) Our defense is going to be better this year and you can't tell me otherwise
Manny Diaz is back in charge. Love him or hate him, he's miles better as a DC than fckin Blake Baker, no matter that he has to split responsibilities as a DC and head coach. He's a lot better than Baker. And let us not forget how quickly he turned our D around before.

The obvious hindrance against our defense this year is missing the contributions from Jalean and Quincy. They will be missed, no doubt. But one thing is for sure, Manny's defense produces pressure. We should have no doubt that we'll be get TFLs and sacks this year. But the question will be how improved will our interior D-line be? Will their improvements be enough to offset the loss of our starting d-ends? I think it's possible. Then you got Jess Simpson coming back and hopefully improving our run D.

Our defensive backs should be so so so much better this year. T-mother-fckin Robinson is here acting as a savior. I expect Ivey to have a really good year. I don't care how much we deservedly dogged him, T-Rob loves him. T-Rob is going to coaching all these cornerbacks up, which is only going to improve our passing efficiency, turnovers and pass rush. Add to that our new portal star, Stevenson. On top of that, Gilbert's got some talented youngins breathing down his neck, so the striker position should be better as well. And one last thing, let us not forget for the first 4 games of last year Bolden was clearly the best player on defense and looking like an all-American. Here's hoping he can replicate that form for the entire season.

And then there's the elephant in the room, the LB unit. I could talk about Keontra and I should. But all I really gotta say is this. Manny is Mr. Adapt to survive and Mr. Portal, yet he chose not to bring in a transfer. Whether that was a mistake remains to be seen, but that alone shows his confidence in his group.
Cliff Notes version: Walk the Walk

Advertisement
Every team in the country is more experienced outside of a few that had mass NFL departures.

JP/Roche are the top biggest losses. Little brother can kick. Brevin will hurt but the upgrades at WR more than offset his departure. Not to mention Arroyo.

Miami should be improved because it is the second year with Lashlee and football is now won on the offensive side. It doesn't hurt when you upgrade the D staff a ton while still running the same playbook.

At the end of day it’s gonna come down to players hating losing more than they like winning.

Too many times over the past few years we showed up to games going through the motions. Now granted, i assume having a poor O Manny’s first year combined with having a poor STs, a poor defense last year killed some of the morale, but we seem to have our bases covered this go around.

Experience has to count for something right? We have experience in the places that matter:

OC- check
QB- check
OL- check

DC- check
DL- check
DB- Check

We are light in some areas like DE and LB, but overall we have the experience, talent, and depth to field a competent team.

Advertisement
The Alabama game is what it is. We pull the upset and I'm staring down the barrel a 30-day ban.

Season hinges on the UNC game and not slipping up anywhere else. 10-2 with losses to Bama and UNC would be an improvement and a successful season, but Manny needs to get that Mack Brown monkey off his back. 11-1 with our only loss coming against Bama in the opener and we're probably top 5.

You won't be going out alone. We beat Bama I'm gonna be writing @RVACane pen letters tryna get back.

No excuses we should go 11-1 this season. The old we lose a few we shouldn't, can't beat NC, etc stops this year! With the talent, experience and schedule we have this year, 11-1 should be the standard...no more excuses!

At the end of day it’s gonna come down to players hating losing more than they like winning.

Too many times over the past few years we showed up to games going through the motions. Now granted, i assume having a poor O Manny’s first year combined with having a poor STs, a poor defense last year killed some of the morale, but we seem to have our bases covered this go around.

Experience has to count for something right? We have experience in the places that matter:

OC- check
QB- check
OL- check

DC- check
DL- check
DB- Check

We are light in some areas like DE and LB, but overall we have the experience, talent, and depth to field a competent team.
Being "light" (which should probably read not good) at LB and DE usually prevents you from being a top 10 team. If teams can line up and run it at you, like they did last year and you can't get pass rush how the heck are you stopping them? I want to be top 10 badly but these are two massive glaring weaknesses that will show up in a big games and if our offense doesn't click and comes off the field quickly it will kill us. Its very worrying .

You won't be going out alone. We beat Bama I'm gonna be writing @RVACane pen letters tryna get back.
We'll turn this place into CiS-hub, maudes won't be able to keep up without banting us. It would be all of these emotions rolled into one big cluster **** of inappropriate ****.

giphy-8.gif

340c40092c83486c15d683a0c8499e18_w200.gif

tenor-15.gif

8C96BBB7-3113-4328-9EFB-F802B3399873.gif

imperator-gladiator.gif
tenor-40.gif
45e6u7.jpg
200.gif
tenor-10.gif
assmunchscene.gif
E7JmrvP.gif
210.gif
PoorUnsteadyBactrian-max-1mb.gif
7752f3246f530570727062d4e84108d5.gif
tenor-6.gif
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

We’ll have a 2 day moratorium on banning anyone if UM beats Bama. go nuts for 2days.

Advertisement
Back