Too soon to judge Richt

Advertisement
Excuses for MR.

First, it was the 25% of the Playbook Theory.

Mark Richt should be 5 - 0 right now. The reason he is not is because he is a mediocre play-caller.

Mark Richt knows he screwed up. He will Coach with an attitude against North Carolina. We will blast them.

First year at UGA he went 8-4. Second year he went 13-1. In today's format UGA would have gotten to the playoffs and played the U.

Gotta give him a couple to three years to see where he is at. Think we win 10 games this year. If Kaaya is back next year and we can get some improvement on the O line plus some more depth on D (LB, secondary), we have a shot at the playoffs next season.

You better pray Bad Kaaya leaves early. He is a liability.

Let's see how the season plays out. I don't think we have a better option currently on the roster. If we did, that dude would be playing now.

Advertisement
The man has been a coach for 15 years. He is no mystery. He wins about 10 games a year, but not usually the big games. His only hope is a good coaching staff and locking down South Florida recruiting. He is a good guy and will run a clean program.

Anyone passing a definitive judgement at this point is a moron. He has the pedigree to have a fair amount of time to get things worked out.

Having said that, we as fans have a right to question things. I'm sure he is as well. The only thing I don't understand is the way he's calling games. He must see some things in practice that doesn't translate to game day. He's already admitted as much with his post game comments and Other have faith he'll adjust things going forward.

Bottom line, he's learning about these players as the days go on.

Until Kaaya moves on, best case scenario is getting to the ACC championship. That's it. No way a Kaaya-led team is beating Clemson or Louisville...I don't care how good the play-calling is.

Good QB play inspires the whole team and elevates everyone's level of play. Bad QB play, just the opposite. This team will go as far as he can take them, which isn't very far. He's the weak link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Rick is a head coach for approaching 15 years, running a team with top 20 talent. It is perfectly reasonable to judge him now.

Advertisement
He needs to beat UNC and VT, as a prerequisite for judgement. If he cant beat inferior Coastal crap, hes Foldem 2.0

Last edited:
Rick is a head coach for approaching 15 years, running a team with top 20 talent. It is perfectly reasonable to judge him now.

Yep. UNC and VT are mandatory, then lets judge him on whether he becpmes the only one outsmarted by Chip Kelly and ND

I don't think any fan with half a brain is really after Richt after five games. Most fans should be after a QB that has started nearly 30 games and does not have one win over a ranked team in his overrated and miserable career thus far.

I think we should expect to see improvement as the season goes along, but don't expect a well-oiled machine. There are too many inconsistencies in Kaaya's game, the O-Line, and not enough difference-makers at the skill positions.

UNC and VT are not easy games. A lot will be learned in the next 10 days.

Advertisement
We're five games in, and people are already being morons. Why am I not shocked? We're 4-1, the offense put up oodles of points before last week and was efficient in doing so. Yes, the FSU loss was a setback, a frustrating one in fact, but grading any coach FIVE GAMES INTO HIS TENURE is a fool's errand. Then again, reading message boards and twitter, I've become convinced that our fanbase is mentally lacking. There's no other explanation for the stupid stuff I've been reading this week. If Miami is 7-5, or 8-4 at the end of the season, let's talk, but if Richt can get this team to rebound(He's a good coach, and good coaches tend to be good at rallying a team after a loss), then there's no reason to believe that Miami won't make the goals rational people set at the beginning of the season.

Everybody knows his play-calling has been suspect so far. But until he gets his players, we can't really know whether his play-calling days have passed.

Let's not kid ourselves...Richt has never been an offensive master mind. He's no Petrino or Meyer. He's pro-style, which is always more talent-based. Going back to FSU, he's always had elite talent at one or more of the position groups, if not all. Look at his more recent Georgia teams:

-Very good to elite players at RB and WR
-Tough, strong-armed QB with mobility
-O-Line that can hold it's own, if not dominate

Who on this offense fits what he's looking for? Maybe Richards, but he's just a FR.

I think his play-calling will improve throughout the season, but until he has the personnel he wants, I don't think we can see his true offense operating at a high level.

Agree. And he's trying to install his style while also playing to Kayaa's strengths. It's gonna take a couple years and new O players.

Seen all I needed to see the last 5 years at UGA. He was run out of town for a reason.

He was run out of town because UGA fans are just as stupid and shortsighted as Miami fans. Period. Everyone wants to put together a run like Bama, but there's only one Nick Saban, and only one Urban Meyer. Remember, UGA, outside of a run Dooley put together with Herschel Walker, was a mediocre, middle of the pack SEC program until Richt got there. The boosters at UGA forgot that it's hard to upgrade from **** good, because elite is rare. Odds are, UGA didn't upgrade from Richt with Smart, and LSU will most likely not get a significant upgrade from Les Miles, unless Herman or Chip Kelly shows up. Never let perfect be the enemy of good.

Advertisement
Seen all I needed to see the last 5 years at UGA. He was run out of town for a reason.

He was run out of town because UGA fans are just as stupid and shortsighted as Miami fans. Period. Everyone wants to put together a run like Bama, but there's only one Nick Saban, and only one Urban Meyer. Remember, UGA, outside of a run Dooley put together with Herschel Walker, was a mediocre, middle of the pack SEC program until Richt got there. The boosters at UGA forgot that it's hard to upgrade from **** good, because elite is rare. Odds are, UGA didn't upgrade from Richt with Smart, and LSU will most likely not get a significant upgrade from Les Miles, unless Herman or Chip Kelly shows up. Never let perfect be the enemy of good.
Spot on. In 7 of the last 10 years, it's been either Meyer or Saban as NC. And when Les Miles won in '07 it was with Saban's players. And who's gonna bet against Ohio St. or Bama this year. These guys are elite. Everyone else is just trying to stay in the game. This is why I wanted Butch, because he's the only one that is a better evaluator and developer of talent than them.

But Richt is not a bad choice. Once things get rolling, we should be perennial Coastal champions, win some ACC championships, get into the playoffs every 2-3 years... And if the stars align, win another NC or 2. Sure beats what has been over the past 12 years.

Ricky has nothing to do with the OL playing like pussies, the WR dropped passes or the stupid penalties. His play calling will get better.

Thank god we got Manny and coach Kool on the defensive side

Or kaaya alarming inconsistent play? Right

I can't believe all these excuses for MR.

We just lost a game we should have won. MR should have been the difference. But he wasn't.

The fans have every right to be disappointed with Mark Richt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back