Too soon to judge Richt

HInquisitor

Band
Banned
Everybody knows his play-calling has been suspect so far. But until he gets his players, we can't really know whether his play-calling days have passed.

Let's not kid ourselves...Richt has never been an offensive master mind. He's no Petrino or Meyer. He's pro-style, which is always more talent-based. Going back to FSU, he's always had elite talent at one or more of the position groups, if not all. Look at his more recent Georgia teams:

-Very good to elite players at RB and WR
-Tough, strong-armed QB with mobility
-O-Line that can hold it's own, if not dominate

Who on this offense fits what he's looking for? Maybe Richards, but he's just a FR.

I think his play-calling will improve throughout the season, but until he has the personnel he wants, I don't think we can see his true offense operating at a high level.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Cmon man, he's coached 4 games at Miami and still hasn't won a national championship. He hasn't even won the ACC.

He's had plenty of time!

Less than a year removed from Al Golden. I keep telling myself that. We are way more physical and play our butts off already. Just need some more pieces on Offense.

Yeah I'm just glad we don't have golden: that alone with evidence of a good defense already has me excited. Make no mistake about it the offense has to get going

Less than a year removed from Al Golden. I keep telling myself that. We are way more physical and play our butts off already. Just need some more pieces on Offense.

Ya, we've played more physical in the first 5 games then we've played in the last 5 years

Advertisement
Is it too early to discuss specific results from games already played?

More like it's too early to tell just how tied his hands are with this trash o line and a qb just waiting to get hit rather than reading a gawd **** defense

I'm not making excuses for him either, but I refuse to think he is as dumb as things have looked.. somethings going on

Advertisement

More like it's too early to tell just how tied his hands are with this trash o line and a qb just waiting to get hit rather than reading a gawd **** defense

I'm not making excuses for him either, but I refuse to think he is as dumb as things have looked.. somethings going on

Those 3straight runs on our last drive was pretty ridiculous I thought but that's just me

When you have a suspect OL, you have to install some form of a gimmick for an offense. RPO is designed to keep the defense guessing. It works when your backs are able to run through holes, which forces Safeties to creep up; opening up the pass...and/or allows the run game to open up as well!

It's a formidable option when you have slewfooted...out of position...two left feet having linemen playing in the trenches.

Until we get the right kind of guys on our OL, we won't be able to play smash mouth football with most of the above average DL's in the country.

Lesson here is...yes you can win with RPO! However, with some studs on the OL, you aren't limited to RPO when it counts most!

Last edited:

No. It's never too early to discuss.
That's what sports is all about.

We will however, have twice as many games to judge Right on vs P5 teams about 10 days from now.

Not at all. The results speak for themselves. Just pointing out that his personnel may be limiting play-calling, as well as execution of what is called.

Advertisement
Ricky has nothing to do with the OL playing like pussies, the WR dropped passes or the stupid penalties. His play calling will get better.

Thank god we got Manny and coach Kool on the defensive side

I'm not waiting 6 years for him to get his players. FU OP for being a ****.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Give it a rest, we are fortunate to have this guy here. I will judge after he has recruited his first two classes.

Advertisement
Saying that ish for they past two Buffoons. You keep waiting tho.

First year at UGA he went 8-4. Second year he went 13-1. In today's format UGA would have gotten to the playoffs and played the U.

Gotta give him a couple to three years to see where he is at. Think we win 10 games this year. If Kaaya is back next year and we can get some improvement on the O line plus some more depth on D (LB, secondary), we have a shot at the playoffs next season.

Last edited:
I'm not waiting 6 years for him to get his players. FU OP for being a ****.

Two things :

1. 2-3 years is all he needs, maybe less

2. You describe yourself perfectly... Try not basing your emotional life on things outside your control... It's better than way.

Advertisement
Back