Too much COMMON SENSE...

Cane44

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
with everything crumbling by the minute, would be to make two BIG splashes at DC and OC SOON!!!!!!!... the candidates are out there.. the MONEY is there.... would probably save and repair this recruiting class and '20...... would build hype for tickets sales for next year... would give key juniors a reason to come back.. would set us up for a nice RUN next year... Was thinking.. Since we arent in the bag game for players.. why not join the legal bag game for coaches??? with top shelf coordinators and our top15-top10 type recruiting, I'm pretty sure we'd be in ACCCG every year.. possible playoffs and bigger bowl games... which leads to more PROFITS!!!! Better Miami Team leads to more Ticket sales, which leads to more PROFITS........ Are the powers that be allergic to PROFITS???? We've tried this "go cheap, hope for the best" approach for 16years and it hasnt worked.... the top 6 teams spend big money to make big money...

and if not.. its easy to forecast our near future....

- Continue to slide in class ranking
- Get slaughtered in bowl game (team displays no life)
- lack luster additions to staff heading into next season
- get embarrassed by UF
- repeat season from ****, but now several of those hire options arent available.. rinse repeat....

Advertisement
Now more than ever is the perfect opportunity for Richt to rebrand the program and show ppl he's not effing around. New OC and a modern offense. New DC, LB coach, and possibly a ST's coach. There's some recruiting headhunters out there that could definitely upgrade our staff that are available and want to come here.

But as you said, it makes too much sense. Won't happen.

with everything crumbling by the minute, would be to make two BIG splashes at DC and OC SOON!!!!!!!... the candidates are out there.. the MONEY is there.... would probably save and repair this recruiting class and '20...... would build hype for tickets sales for next year... would give key juniors a reason to come back.. would set us up for a nice RUN next year... Was thinking.. Since we arent in the bag game for players.. why not join the legal bag game for coaches??? with top shelf coordinators and our top15-top10 type recruiting, I'm pretty sure we'd be in ACCCG every year.. possible playoffs and bigger bowl games... which leads to more PROFITS!!!! Better Miami Team leads to more Ticket sales, which leads to more PROFITS........ Are the powers that be allergic to PROFITS???? We've tried this "go cheap, hope for the best" approach for 16years and it hasnt worked.... the top 6 teams spend big money to make big money...

and if not.. its easy to forecast our near future....

- Continue to slide in class ranking
- Get slaughtered in bowl game (team displays no life)
- lack luster additions to staff heading into next season
- get embarrassed by UF
- repeat season from ****, but now several of those hire options arent available.. rinse repeat....
Your financial hypothesis is wrong. All bowl receipts after travel expenses are returned to ACC and are split evenly among all teams.

Advertisement
Just took a look at the CIS front page. WOW!. Will the last recruit exiting please turn out the lights. Thanks.

I like the wishful thinking and you are right it would create huge momentum for the team after this past season. Two huge hires would put some energy back into the team.

It's good to know that you've been included in all the goings on inside the athletic department. Can you share some additional details about how the search is going?

Advertisement
Another "we'll get slaguhtered becauses the team has no life" theorist.

Is this because Richt "has lost his team'?

Your financial hypothesis is wrong. All bowl receipts after travel expenses are returned to ACC and are split evenly among all teams.
I know there is profit sharing but isn't it tiered? I doubt Clemson is making the same out of the bowls as Duke.

Another "we'll get slaguhtered becauses the team has no life" theorist.

Is this because Richt "has lost his team'?
It's watching the last 16years happen to this program.... I can't say whether he lost the team.. I think it's repairable at this current point, but I can guarantee there isn't a good winning vibe in that locker room...

It's watching the last 16years happen to this program.... I can't say whether he lost the team.. I think it's repairable at this current point, but I can guarantee there isn't a good winning vibe in that locker room...

Despite the bad losses this team has never quit on the field. After losing four straight they could have tanked and been selfish but instead they won the last two by blowout.

We arent going to get slaughtered by Wisconsin.

Advertisement
Miami is paying richt $4mil, offered manny $1.5mil, and have $1mil available for an OC....

They ain’t going cheap anymore. They’re just hiring the wrong HCs.

Don’t expect an OC here btw.

Despite the bad losses this team has never quit on the field. After losing four straight they could have tanked and been selfish but instead they won the last two by blowout.

We arent going to get slaughtered by Wisconsin.
I get your points, but history tells me our strongest unit "Defense", probably has the air knocked out of them by losing Diaz prior to this bowl game..

Advertisement
The one power move Richt could make is to hire Briles. He's the ONE coach who could play the religious, second chance card that FSU is worried about right now. Richt should grow a pair, swoop in and grab Briles, then get a good DC after and call it a day. Then he can focus on recruiting and impressing mothers. I'm sure this makes too much sense but it could be the biggest momentum 180 ever.

Miami is paying richt $4mil, offered manny $1.5mil, and have $1mil available for an OC....

They ain’t going cheap anymore. They’re just hiring the wrong HCs.

Don’t expect an OC here btw.
Yeah, but they don't need to spend all that money when they are feeding at the ACC communal trough. They probably would be concerned about ticket sales, but even that seems to be good. Why would they change anything? Ticket sales will have to drop significantly to worry the people who make the decisions. I think the reality is they just don't care about winning like the fans do.

To be fair Miami has been taking the cheap route with coaches for 40 years, Ritch is the exception and even him was a retread with very little interest from other top schools.
I don’t think money is a problem. It really is Ritch figuring out the offense, hire somebody that can add 2000’s CFB plays to the scheme and call the game with common sense. On the DC I trust him to pick the right guy.

LoL, its funny watching people panicking like the program is in decline. All those guys decommitting are just followers not leaders. Some will be back and some wont be let back in for jumping ship. Coach richt is not worried, and this is why i said way back when, who cares about some 2020 player making a commitment when the 2019 class not even in yet and signed, so anybody in the 2020 class decommitting is no big deal. Coach richt is a competitor and seasoned headcoach, this is no big deal!

Advertisement
Back