Too Early predictions

There's not a single game on that schedule that should be a concern. A prediction of losses based on the fact that we've sucked for so long is just giving in to the mopenesss.

Advertisement
There's not a single game on that schedule that should be a concern. A prediction of losses based on the fact that we've sucked for so long is just giving in to the mopenesss.

I think we’ve only beaten VT and UVA In the same season once. So there is atleast 1 L. FSU is a toss up every year. MSU is going to be a tough out. Same could be said for Wake and NC. Collins at GT is very coach. Never underestimate the fact that Manny is our coach

I think we’ve only beaten VT and UVA In the same season once. So there is atleast 1 L. FSU is a toss up every year. MSU is going to be a tough out. Same could be said for Wake and NC. Collins at GT is very coach. Never underestimate the fact that Manny is our coach
And if you look at each of those games, we should win them all. The same could be said (and was) last year with the exception of the gator.

Saying we haven't beaten both VT and UVA in the same year isn't looking at the games individually. Our recent history says 8-5 is a realistic possibility, but that doesn't mean that every game isn't completely winnable.

And if you look at each of those games, we should win them all. The same could be said (and was) last year with the exception of the gator.

Saying we haven't beaten both VT and UVA in the same year isn't looking at the games individually. Our recent history says 8-5 is a realistic possibility, but that doesn't mean that every game isn't completely winnable.

Every single game is realistically winnable, but that doesn't make winning every game realistic. Even if you assume UM has, on average, an 85% likelihood of winning every regular season game we play this year (which seems pretty generous), that still only comes out to about a 14% chance of going undefeated.

I'm confident in Lashlee + King and I expect serious improvement on offense, but that only gets me to 9-10 wins (which is probably still me being optimistic).

Advertisement
12-0 or 11-1? agree to disagree?

Probably accurate-ish on Ws v Ls.

Until proven otherwise, 2-4 Ws is a possibility.

NOW, let's re-evaluate after Temple and Mich St.

I believe those are two important milestones for this season.

Question is, with koo-koo for coco puffs Whitmer, does Mich St even happen??

Advertisement
Every single game is realistically winnable, but that doesn't make winning every game realistic. Even if you assume UM has, on average, an 85% likelihood of winning every regular season game we play this year (which seems pretty generous), that still only comes out to about a 14% chance of going undefeated.

I'm confident in Lashlee + King and I expect serious improvement on offense, but that only gets me to 9-10 wins (which is probably still me being optimistic).
Wanna borrow my fan glasses?

Historically, we've always found a way to drop a few, but I prefer a blind "past performance is no guarantee of future results" approach.

If we drop 1, we'll drop 2 more, it's kind of our thing.

I hope the wise guys in Vegas buy into the 7-5 hype...

I think Lashlee, at minimum, turns the offense into a respectable unit. Right there our biggest problem is solved. We have a competent kicker now, 2nd biggest problem solved from last year.

Defensively we’ll be better than last year, Hall going into his 3rd year which is typically when Banda’s safeties make a jump. We have grown men at DT now (Ford, Miller, Nesta all Jrs or Sr). We replace the loss of Garvin with Roche and add in Phillips. We’ll be less experienced at LB but way more athletic.

FSU, UNC, MSU, and VT are the 4 best teams roster wise on the schedule. I say we split those and for once, handle the ACC games. 10-2.

Without Lashlee and King we could easily go 7-5 manny is that bad. I still think he ***** up enough to lose atleast 3.

Advertisement
Advertisement

-We're bringing two, FOR SURE, terrors on the edge in Roche and GR15, and another guy who was touted as the #1 player in the nation coming out of high school who happens to play DE as well.
-We have capable DTs that should be much better as they've had more S&C training. One was considered the #3 DT in the entire nation coming out. -We're supposed to be upgraded with speed and raw athleticism with the LBs, along w/ bringing down a S who can play in the box or striker.
-We're bringing back 2 four star true safeties to roam the back end in Hall and Bolden.
-Our DBs are a question mark, but from all reports, we should have at least 2 of which are solidified starters/2 deep
-We're bring in a veteran QB who set the NCAA on fire his last full season and is a perfect candidate in the offensive system
-We have a new OC who just coached the #7 overall ranked offense in the nation last year to best exploit our talent
-We have the #1 and #9 ranked TEs in the nation in their respective class coming back
-We have a nice stable of running backs that were all top who ranked #7, #10, and #11 at their position in the nation in their respective classes
-We have a new OL coach who specializes in coaching OLmen in spread offenses
-We have a plethora of WRs
-Most importantly, this is a veteran team from top to bottom with the exception of a couple of OLmen who are still considered under classmen.

With this weak@$$ schedule, we better not lose more than 3 games in the regular season, and we should legit have no more than one loss in the Coastal.

Like I've been saying, there is literally no excuse for Manny to be subpar this year. If he is, he needs to be shown the door. 5 yrs here is too long for mediocrity. If he's kept longer after a subpar year, mark my words, it will be Golden 2015 all over again.

-We're bringing two, FOR SURE, terrors on the edge in Roche and GR15, and another guy who was touted as the #1 player in the nation coming out of high school who happens to play DE as well.
-We have capable DTs that should be much better as they've had more S&C training. One was considered the #3 DT in the entire nation coming out. -We're supposed to be upgraded with speed and raw athleticism with the LBs, along w/ bringing down a S who can play in the box or striker.
-We're bringing back 2 four star true safeties to roam the back end in Hall and Bolden.
-Our DBs are a question mark, but from all reports, we should have at least 2 of which are solidified starters/2 deep
-We're bring in a veteran QB who set the NCAA on fire his last full season and is a perfect candidate in the offensive system
-We have a new OC who just coached the #7 overall ranked offense in the nation last year to best exploit our talent
-We have the #1 and #9 ranked TEs in the nation in their respective class coming back
-We have a nice stable of running backs that were all top who ranked #7, #10, and #11 at their position in the nation in their respective classes
-We have a new OL coach who specializes in coaching OLmen in spread offenses
-We have a plethora of WRs
-Most importantly, this is a veteran team from top to bottom with the exception of a couple of OLmen who are still considered under classmen.

With this weak@$$ schedule, we better not lose more than 3 games in the regular season, and we should legit have no more than one loss in the Coastal.

Like I've been saying, there is literally no excuse for Manny to be subpar this year. If he is, he needs to be shown the door. 5 yrs here is too long for mediocrity. If he's kept longer after a subpar year, mark my words, it will be Golden 2015 all over again.
I'm with most of this. On D I have concerns about DT talent and depth and at CB I have concerns if the young guys we will have to count on can't cover. Otherwise I'm with you Rell.

I'm with most of this. On D I have concerns about DT talent and depth and at CB I have concerns if the young guys we will have to count on can't cover. Otherwise I'm with you Rell.

Notice how I said, in regards to DT (we have capable DTs....lol) and as far as DB I said that's a question mark.

Honestly our DT recruiting has been putrid, and it's been like for a while. But, we the pressure we should be generating on the edge, they should be winning their one-on-one battles. Ford and Miller are supposed to be strong as an ox, and Nesta should, again SHOULD, take a step way forward. Mich St shouldn't even be that big of a matchup, as they have fallen way off the last couple of years, and they have a new coach who suck$ ***. We have no excuse to dominate the season, bro. We're ALL in the same boat, and per Diaz and Lashlee, we actually have a leg up b/c we were able to get some practices in before the shelter in place.

Notice how I said, in regards to DT (we have capable DTs....lol) and as far as DB I said that's a question mark.

Honestly our DT recruiting has been putrid, and it's been like for a while. But, we the pressure we should be generating on the edge, they should be winning their one-on-one battles. Ford and Miller are supposed to be strong as an ox, and Nesta should, again SHOULD, take a step way forward. Mich St shouldn't even be that big of a matchup, as they have fallen way off the last couple of years, and they have a new coach who suck$ ***. We have no excuse to dominate the season, bro. We're ALL in the same boat, and per Diaz and Lashlee, we actually have a leg up b/c we were able to get some practices in before the shelter in place.
Yes, we have one Top 20 DT on the entire roster, I have no idea how we recruit interior DL so badly. I am waiting like you for Nesta to become that nasty DT that just throw guards and centers aside, we need that badly, Ford and Miller are more "anchor" types.

If Williams and Couch can cover then we are OK at CB although I see no "stars" there, they can be solid.

I'm looking forward to something positive this year, it has been too long

Advertisement
Back