Tomahawk Nation Game Predictions

There is a healthy belief among some up there that their defense is good (its not) and our defense is worse than 11 zombies (compelling, but also false), and that Jordan Travis (who they admit sucks but also might be given superpowers this game) just needs to complete “a few downfield shots to keep Miami honest in the run game”.

Here are some facts (that do not rely on our players getting a mythological ring of power from Sauron):

- Our defense is not good, like fire the DC not good, but we still only give up 17 more yards per game than their “vastly improved” and “formidable” defense.

- Points per game difference: 3.

- Miami‘s pass defense appears worse than FSU’s, for sure. Miami has also played 5 of the top 20 passers in the nation this year. FSU has played 3. They’re about to play their 4th, however.

- Jordan Travis is not in the top 100.

- Miami held Sam Howell to less yardage than FSU, passing and rushing. Also held Leary to less.

- “Yeah, but Miami is terrible against the run, which is what FSU does well.” Miami is better against the run than FSU, 153 ypg vs 135.

- As a point of comparison to these defense stats, Miami averages about 75 more yards and 4 points a game more on offense thank FSU does.

None of this is to even remotely suggest Miami has a good defense, we do not. We have a bad defense, and they have *maybe* a moderately less bad defense with 1 good unit: the DL, which cannot mask how atrocious their secondary is.

By contrast we are a legitimately good offense, (Top 25, top 5 the last few weeks) and their offense is bad (86th). I don’t blame FSU fans for talking themselves up this game, we are not anywhere near a dominant or complete team. Upsets happen, they can win this game, but we have a much bigger advantage on offense than they have on defense.
025E9EE6-8A3D-4443-BC8B-7E51F381A6D0.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think they have a shot... because I don't trust Manny's defense.

If they neutralize the initial pass rush, then they will exploit the middle. Unfortunately, with Manny's defense, we see receivers running free all over the place in every game.
Manny's delayed blitz will not work with someone like Travis.
Fortunately, their OL is not very good. That will help get some penetration.

Either way, our offense should have a field day..
I can see a certain 5 star DT having a career day today. And yeah, those late blitzes won't work, and we probably won't even have to use them, which means fewer wide open situations for them.

Now if we start seeing Manny send blitzes from the outskirts of Kentucky, my neighbor's dog is getting kicked for sure.

Stepping back and looking at this game I see no way they should be within ten points. Our strength on defense ( if you want to call it that ) is run defense. They run the ball so that SHOULD lean in our favor. Their secondary is awful and we have Tvda gawd. Another matchup that leans our way. But knowing our Head Coach they’ll likely move the ball well , taking time off the clock and make the game into a dogfight. The recipe to shredding Mannys defense is out there. It would nice to have an easy Saturday against a bad team but we all know that’s unlikely. Take your blood pressure meds.

Cool story bro...then manny and rhett showed up to crush Hurricane dreams

I can see a certain 5 star DT having a career day today. And yeah, those late blitzes won't work, and we probably won't even have to use them, which means fewer wide open situations for them.

Now if we start seeing Manny send blitzes from the outskirts of Kentucky, my neighbor's dog is getting kicked for sure.
If we didn’t blitz once all game I’d be ok with it. Contain Travis and stop the run. Let him try to beat us by throwing.

On offense. Pretty simple. Don’t turn the ball over. We should score plenty of points if we hold on to the ball.

Advertisement
Cool story bro...then manny and rhett showed up to crush Hurricane dreams
There is a chance that we show up unprepared and let FSU stick around long enough to pull off the upset. There is also a chance we roll them, because they are still not very good. To me it comes down to QB play. Which QB plays better will determine who wins this game. If TVD plays like he did against UVA and UNC, we still win this game. He'd have to really crap the bed, in my opinion, for us to lose. Is that possible? Sure. Is it likely? I don't think so.

That penthouse suite is the only one big enough to fit the Big Screen that they installed after they all chipped in their EBT cards to buy.

Looks like a place you'd see the tribal warlord have in a zombie apocalypse movie.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As corny as it may sound I think our players have circled the wagons and play for each other. These young guys want to win.
TVD could also be “the one”, this game is actually a great barometer of whether we’re growing as a team or smoke & mirrors.

They’re the most delusional fan base in the country. The past few years their argument for why they win can be boiled down to wish-casting and saying that they want it more.

As corny as it may sound I think our players have circled the wagons and play for each other. These young guys want to win.
TVD could also be “the one”, this game is actually a great barometer of whether we’re growing as a team or smoke & mirrors.
FSU has played some decent teams close, so they aren't horrible. They just aren't very good. I agree, this game will tell us a lot. Can we go into a rival's place and whoop them like we should? We're about to find out.

Advertisement
Back