Todd Grantham

Go back to Gator country for pointing out a real hurdle for us?

And if you look at footballinsiders stats, Todd has many top 15 defenses. Just hope the OL is ready to roll.

Grantham
2018 Florida = 17th
2017 Miss St = 18th
2016 Louisville = 15th
2015 Louisville = 21st
2014 Louisville = 9th
2013 Georgia = 33rd
2012 Georgia = 15th
2011 Georgia = 3rd
2010 Georgia = 36th

Aranda
2018 LSU = 5th
2017 LSU = 8th
2016 LSU = 2nd
2015 Wisconsin = 4th
2014 Wisconsin = 15th
2013 Wisconsin = 11th
2012 Utah = 12th
2011 Hawaii = 80th
2010 Hawaii = 58th

Diaz
2018 Miami = 14th
2017 Miami = 16th
2016 Miami = 11th
2015 Miss St = 42nd
2014 La Tech = 64th
2013 Texas = 23rd
2012 Texas = 43rd
2011 Texas = 15th
2010 Miss St = 35th
Go make out with an electric eel.....

Advertisement
No offense but S&P is the kenpom of CFB. It takes into account opponents, garbage time stats, etc. It’s advanced stuff.

And as far as Diaz’s defenses go, of course I think UF is worried about trying to move the ball on our D. Manny is a great DC, this thread wasn’t about him though.

I was merely pointing out that Grantham is a pretty solid DC who’s defense could be a real problem for us.

It’s also worth noting that the Bengals went after Grantham. Todd has many years in the NFL as a DL/asst Coach.

I remember when this board ripped into posters who were worried about Aranda’s defense. They ran the same BS lines that some of you do - “we’re gonna destroy Aranda. Go back to the LSU boards.”

Y’all can’t even have a legit discussion about our opponents without getting sensitive.

Lol. Wut? You think this board thought we were going to light up the LSU defense?

Nobody is saying Grantham isn’t good or the UF defense will suck. But the idea that they are at a “somebody give me hope because I have none” level is one of the dumber things posted on this board.

Advertisement
Footballinsider?? Go look at ncaa.com with the real stats you clown! He are his real defense rankings..
2018-28
2017-27
2016-18
2015-13
2014- 6th
2013-32
2012-19
2011-23

1 top 10 defense in the last decade, i ain’t worried about no Todd grantham 😂😂😂
Not agreeing with OP but the stats he used are what Manny uses. Apparently, Diaz is very conscious on the analytical side of football.

He is going to be a big problem for us. Much in the same way Aranda was.

I just don’t see how we overcome this disadvantage. It’s unrealistic to expect Enos to have this offense humming in the 1st game on the road.

Someone tell me they lost 9 starters on defense.

I hope my sarcasm meter is broke today, and that you’re really not serious. But WTBS

No offense but S&P is the kenpom of CFB. It takes into account opponents, garbage time stats, etc. It’s advanced stuff.

And as far as Diaz’s defenses go, of course I think UF is worried about trying to move the ball on our D. Manny is a great DC. This thread wasn’t about him though.

I was merely pointing out that Grantham is a pretty solid DC who’s defense could be a real problem for us.

It’s also worth noting that the Bengals went after Grantham. Todd has many years in the NFL as a DL/asst Coach.

I remember when this board ripped into posters who were worried about Aranda’s defense. They ran the same BS lines that some of you do - “we’re gonna destroy Aranda. Go back to the LSU boards.”

Y’all can’t even have a legit discussion about our opponents without getting sensitive.
Nah dude you just come in Here posting these stats that are Bs tbh and to compare what aranda played against (104th offense) is just stupid. You’re **** right we’re ****ed If we have that same ranking offense. Duke put us in a choke hold(12) , that’s on cmr not the “great defense” duke had lol

I just don’t see how we overcome this disadvantage. It’s unrealistic to expect Enos to have this offense humming in the 1st game on the road.

You just told yourself...stop being a **** and sack up. We got this. UF lost 9 starters on defense and most of their offensive line. Their QB is Rosier 2.0... we got this.

Advertisement
1. Grantham isnt that great. Good DC but he's never had elite defenses unlike Aranda.

2. Richt isnt the OC and Rosier isnt the QB.

3. UF lost a lot on D

4. Go back to Gator Country

This.

All that said, this will be a tough game no matter who is coaching or who they line up in August.

Grantham is a solid DC, but like a lot of people have said is beatable. While his defenses were crucial in getting UF some of their biggest wins last year (13-6 W against Miss St. for example), they were also a liability at points. They got dominated by UGA (to be fair, a top 5 team), but got curb stomped by an average Missouri team at the Swamp and got pushed around by UK. South Carolina also dropped 31 on them, before blowing the game in the fourth. Like a lot of people have said earlier, I see this game a lot like the one in 2013. A top ten UF team coming off a big season, with a "vastly" improved QB, playing a Miami team with a lot of unknowns. We all know how that game went down.

grantham is not a great college dc. he benefited from talent gators had when got there. he got fired at Georgia. his defenses were bad. he is an avg to below avg coach who won with talent last year. Enos also is very good at starting off hot and ready to go as an oc in his stops. The man knows his business. He will have Miami rip raring ready to go and with a system grantham and them haven't seen from Miami on tape. so they wont have a clue how he will use Miami players. that gives Miami a huge advantage

Advertisement

So.........we should just forfeit then?

Advertisement

I think they will have more problems with us than we will have with them. They will have NO film on us. The won't know who the starting QB will be because we won't announce until game time. Meanwhile, we'll have plenty of film on their offense and defense. I don't expect Florida to be able to run the ball with any authority as UF losses 5 offensive linemen.

Uf defense isnt even that good. Grantham will blitz but his defenses can be had. There Dts are questionable. Zuniga had like 7 sacks last year at DE but they are hoping that transfer from louisville can replace polite. Their Lbs aren't all that either and they lost the best one.

Preach. Literally it was mentioned during the game how Aranda easily dissected our offense and I believe on the pick 6 they showed him devilishly grinning. Richt’s offense made every defense look all world.
You do know that pass was tipped at the line?

You do know that pass was tipped at the line?

Not sure what that had to do w anything being that pass was going to be intercepted regardless. There were literally 3 defenders there and Rosier was eyeing JT4 the entire time. The DB was all in the passing lane and came off his man to sit dead in the window.

Advertisement
Back