Today's games..

Based on Mich demolishing BYU and Utah (the team they lost to on the road) stomping on Oregon in Oregon, I'd say Michigan and Utah are easily top 10 teams.

Advertisement
I don't know much about Whittingham (Utah's coach). Assuming they end up being a top 10-15 team this year, he is the type of coach we need at the U.

Whittingham is an interesting name. But, he has spent his entire career out west. It's a little surprising that someone hasn't already hired him away fro Utah. Maybe he's happy there.

We seem to say these things every year. However one team in the coastal ends up improving dramatically as the year goes on. And then of course Miami regresses as the year goes on.

Advertisement
We seem to say these things every year. However one team in the coastal ends up improving dramatically as the year goes on. And then of course Miami regresses as the year goes on.

I am hoping this time we are the team that improves as the weeks go by and the other teams regress since we have arguably the best QB in the division.

Easier said than done I know.

I don't know much about Whittingham (Utah's coach). Assuming they end up being a top 10-15 team this year, he is the type of coach we need at the U.

So you don't know much about him, but you know he's the type of coach we need?

All I know is he has done a great job at Utah, which is a middle tier program in a top conference. If he is able to finish top 3 in that kind of conference with that kind of recruiting base then that's the type of coach we need. That's like a JJ type of hire.

I don't know anything about him other than what he has done at Utah. Don't know who he has coached under, his previous jobs, etc.

Advertisement

He is a disciple of Urban.

Enough said on that one.

Not really. Urban only coached there for 2 years and Whittingham was already the DC at Utah for 9 seasons before Meyer even arrived.

Maybe disciple was the wrong word for me to use. That said, he would tell you that Urban is a mentor of his. It has been reported he still talks to him about strategy and coaching philosophies after all these years.

All I know is he has done a great job at Utah, which is a middle tier program in a top conference. If he is able to finish top 3 in that kind of conference with that kind of recruiting base then that's the type of coach we need. That's like a JJ type of hire.

I don't know anything about him other than what he has done at Utah. Don't know who he has coached under, his previous jobs, etc.

I hear you. But everyone said that Golden had "done a great job at Temple".

I hear you. But everyone said that Golden had "done a great job at Temple".

Utah is in a power 5 conference. No comparison, in my opinion.

Whittingham is an interesting name. But, he has spent his entire career out west. It's a little surprising that someone hasn't already hired him away fro Utah. Maybe he's happy there.

Wittingham is an interesting guy. But I think he's happy there, not to mention he gets all those kids from Cali that USC/UCLA don't want that want to show them up, and a bunch of Mormon Samoan kids...imagine if he could that here...scary with the athletes he could pull from SoFla

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back