TNM - QB - CB - ENOS - CULTURE

The "multiple" or "pro spread" offense we run now may benefit in recruiting by helping players be better prepared for pro schemes, but I have a hard time believing it's the best system in college football. Out of the top 12 offenses last year 10 of them ran a true spread or air raid. The 2 that ran the system we run now are Alabama and maybe Clemson. Two teams that have so much talent, they could run the wishbone and be successful. Spread is what works in college football, period. Teams with mid level talent like UCF and Houston are putting up 40+points a game, man. That's why I was so ****ed that politics came into play getting a top OC in Briles. Instead we let him walk to a team we play every year. Oh, and that team just so happens to be our biggest rival too.

It is mind blowing that in a recruiting area like Miami, an area that produces athletes that are spread ready, we have yet to run a true spread offense. If Dan Enos is as good of an OC as everyone thinks, he will implement more true spread concepts to maximize potential.

(I doubt we see calling plays from a huddle 10-15 years from now in the NFL. Just saying.)

EDIT: Just did some more research and it's really like 80% or more of the top 25 offenses in college football run the spread. That's very telling.

20190415_100350.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Take on QB's - It seems like Tate is not in a spot to win the job as of now. Didn't really see anything close to being confident as being an accurate QB (just reality for tate fans included myself who wanted/want to win the job) - With that being said who ever Enos picks to start I'm more then happy with. Enos is exactly the coach that we need. 110 Confident in him and all of our QB's against any team.

CB's - Just keeping it real. based off of last year and the scrimmage I do not see Blades making any plays for us- I hope im wrong. Got burnt a few times by rbs to the outside. If politics don't come into play I think couch or williams can help along with Ivey for the 2nd CB spot. (Couch is very skilled and a better db then dent is coming out of HS - I think TC's potential is very high and yes he can help as a freshman)

One again - Enos is the man- Demanding / yelling / passionate. --- I hated how much time we gave the walk on's etc. I hated the fact that the only 2 players going at eachother were Nesta and Campbell. - I was hoping for players to be out there making eachother better and competing - did not see them pushing each other -I was pretty close up and didn't really see or hear much of the players talking to each other. Instead the focus was on being hype about walk on players getting 3 yards . we should care about walk ons and get hype about them - we need to get better and focus on getting eachother better.

*Will guarantee guys like nesta and campbell will be getting noticed this year and will / should be leaders of our team* - NEED THIS TO BE THE WHOLE TEAM.

P.S. Give tate martell an arm sleeve and maybe **** have the confidence to throw more consistent throws and spirals. Lol
You have way more confidence in our QBs than guys that know a **** of a lot more than you about playing the position at a championship level.

I can’t stop wondering if Enos explained to Martell when we were recruiting him here that he was going to completely change not just his mechanics but how he plays the game entirely. It has thrown off his accuracy in a major way. If we had the 2001 OL I would be totally fine with this offensive approach but we don’t have anything close to it. A 3 and 5 step drop with some play action mixed in just isn’t going to be successful with our current personnel. I have no doubt that we will have a very successful offense down the road but right now we need Martell to be Martell not TNM. Hopefully I am wrong. I will celebrate being wrong but I just don’t see it. Feel free to convince me otherwise or show me something I’m not seeing.

Read my post and just thinking about how it normally takes a year or so to implement a new scheme so feeling torn.

You expected Enos to run another offense? Not, the offense he ran at Arkansas?

Advertisement
The "multiple" or "pro spread" offense we run now may benefit in recruiting by helping players be better prepared for pro schemes, but I have a hard time believing it's the best system in college football. Out of the top 12 offenses last year 10 of them ran a true spread or air raid. The 2 that ran the system we run now are Alabama and maybe Clemson. Two teams that have so much talent, they could run the wishbone and be successful. Spread is what works in college football, period. Teams with mid level talent like UCF and Houston are putting up 40+points a game, man. That's why I was so ****ed that politics came into play getting a top OC in Briles. Instead we let him walk to a team we play every year. Oh, and that team just so happens to be our biggest rival too.

It is mind blowing that in a recruiting area like Miami, an area that produces athletes that are spread ready, we have yet to run a true spread offense. If Dan Enos is as good of an OC as everyone thinks, he will implement more true spread concepts to maximize potential.

(I doubt we see calling plays from a huddle 10-15 years from now in the NFL. Just saying.)

EDIT: Just did some more research and it's really like 80% or more of the top 25 offenses in college football run the spread. That's very telling.

View attachment 83542

Total offense is about yards. Texas Tech had a top 12 offense, but only average 5.9 yds per play. Syracuse had a top 20 offense, and averaged 5.6. Miami isn't going to play fast, so I don't know why people get so caught up in the spread.

Arkansas in 2015 averaged 6.9 yds per play, that's better than Ohio State averaged last season. In 2016 Arkansas averaged 6.0 yds per play, that's the same as Notre Dame. This is the offense. Will they be in shotgun a little bit more? Yes, will it dramatic? No. This offense has perform against some of the better defenses in the SEC, I expect it will perform against the ACC as well.

Total offense is about yards. Texas Tech had a top 12 offense, but only average 5.9 yds per play. Syracuse had a top 20 offense, and averaged 5.6. Miami isn't going to play fast, so I don't know why people get so caught up in the spread.

Arkansas in 2015 averaged 6.9 yds per play, that's better than Ohio State averaged last season. In 2016 Arkansas averaged 6.0 yds per play, that's the same as Notre Dame. This is the offense. Will they be in shotgun a little bit more? Yes, will it dramatic? No. This offense has perform against some of the better defenses in the SEC, I expect it will perform against the ACC as well.

It's not coincidence that 80% of the top 25 total offenses, scoring, however u want to look at it, are spread teams. It's not a coincidence that a gu likr Briles has went to three different schools, with three different rosters, and had each of them a top 10 offense.

If Enos does think he can come here and run his Arkansas offense he won't be here long. He's going to leave too many points on the field. We are not an SEC smashmouth team nor does the recruiting area of south Florida produce smashmouth talent. An overwhelmingly majority of our recruits come from a spread system. All 3 of are QBs are more comfortable in a spread system. There is no argument for us to be lining up in I Formation at midfield.

It's not coincidence that 80% of the top 25 total offenses, scoring, however u want to look at it, are spread teams. It's not a coincidence that a gu likr Briles has went to three different schools, with three different rosters, and had each of them a top 10 offense.

If Enos does think he can come here and run his Arkansas offense he won't be here long. He's going to leave too many points on the field. We are not an SEC smashmouth team nor does the recruiting area of south Florida produce smashmouth talent. An overwhelmingly majority of our recruits come from a spread system. All 3 of are QBs are more comfortable in a spread system. There is no argument for us to be lining up in I Formation at midfield.

Briles' offense at Houston average 6.3 yards per play against FBS opponents, that's the same as Wisconsin. I don't know why Enos doesn't believe he can run his offense here. ****, it worked with lesser talent, against better competition in SEC. If he lineup in I formation, and the running back rips off a 50 yard run, what's the problem?

Enos has been a OC or OB coach in the SEC the last 4 seasons. His quarterbacks have finish 1st, 1st, and 3rd in passing yards in the SEC. If he can move the ball in the SEC, he can move the ball in the ACC. He won't lose his job because he isn't running a spread. He will lose his job if he doesn't produce, or takes another job.

Advertisement

View attachment 83542

Agree with you since I think spread, or at least a similar style to it, would be effective with our speed. But I think a lot of this is a product of the conference and pace of play. A lot of the teams listed here get into trouble if they're stopped a few times on O.

I love scoring quickly but sometimes it behooves a team to keep a defense out there so you can wear them down over the course of 60 minutes.

Dude, it's spring
Take on QB's - It seems like Tate is not in a spot to win the job as of now. Didn't really see anything close to being confident as being an accurate QB (just reality for tate fans included myself who wanted/want to win the job) - With that being said who ever Enos picks to start I'm more then happy with. Enos is exactly the coach that we need. 110 Confident in him and all of our QB's against any team.

CB's - Just keeping it real. based off of last year and the scrimmage I do not see Blades making any plays for us- I hope im wrong. Got burnt a few times by rbs to the outside. If politics don't come into play I think couch or williams can help along with Ivey for the 2nd CB spot. (Couch is very skilled and a better db then dent is coming out of HS - I think TC's potential is very high and yes he can help as a freshman)

One again - Enos is the man- Demanding / yelling / passionate. --- I hated how much time we gave the walk on's etc. I hated the fact that the only 2 players going at eachother were Nesta and Campbell. - I was hoping for players to be out there making eachother better and competing - did not see them pushing each other -I was pretty close up and didn't really see or hear much of the players talking to each other. Instead the focus was on being hype about walk on players getting 3 yards . we should care about walk ons and get hype about them - we need to get better and focus on getting eachother better.

*Will guarantee guys like nesta and campbell will be getting noticed this year and will / should be leaders of our team* - NEED THIS TO BE THE WHOLE TEAM.

P.S. Give tate martell an arm sleeve and maybe **** have the confidence to throw more consistent throws and spirals. Lol
. We have more guys coming in the fall. relax.

Briles' offense at Houston average 6.3 yards per play at FBS opponents, that's the same as Wisconsin. I don't know why Enos doesn't believe he can run his offense here. ****, it worked with lesser talent, against better competition in SEC. If he lineup in I formation, and the running back rips off a 50 yard run, what's the problem?

Enos has been a OC or OB coach in the SEC the last 4 seasons. His quarterbacks have finish 1st, 1st, and 3rd in passing yards in the SEC. If he can move the ball in the SEC, he can move the ball in the ACC. He won't lose his job because he isn't running a spread. He will his job if he doesn't produce, or takes another job.

No he will lose his job thinking Miami will be able to recruit smashmouth players like Arkansas. If he tries to make us a smashmouth team we definitely won't get the south Florida talent. Who is the last team with a pro-style offense get to the playoffs? And are u saying it is a coincidence that 80% of top offenses no matter how u cut it are spread teams? UCF, Houston, Utah St are not top offenses if they run pro-style.

Agree with you since I think spread, or at least a similar style to it, would be effective with our speed. But I think a lot of this is a product of the conference and pace of play. A lot of the teams listed here get into trouble if they're stopped a few times on O.

I love scoring quickly but sometimes it behooves a team to keep a defense out there so you can wear them down over the course of 60 minutes.

Yes I do agree that it should not always be up tempo. But I see negatives in running a pro-style offense at Miami and zero negatives running a spread offense. If u were to say that a school like Miami, with the type of athletes they recruit in their area, has never run a true spread system.thats sounds absurd.

I'm going to give Enos the benefit of the doubt bc maybe he's just not showing his hand, but if he tries that I Formation week 0 or in the ACCCG it's goingto be a long day. I think everyone would agree that to get are max potential out of the QBs, RBs, WR, TEs, the spread system would be the most beneficial.

Advertisement
I can’t stop wondering if Enos explained to Martell when we were recruiting him here that he was going to completely change not just his mechanics but how he plays the game entirely. It has thrown off his accuracy in a major way. If we had the 2001 OL I would be totally fine with this offensive approach but we don’t have anything close to it. A 3 and 5 step drop with some play action mixed in just isn’t going to be successful with our current personnel. I have no doubt that we will have a very successful offense down the road but right now we need Martell to be Martell not TNM. Hopefully I am wrong. I will celebrate being wrong but I just don’t see it. Feel free to convince me otherwise or show me something I’m not seeing.

Read my post and just thinking about how it normally takes a year or so to implement a new scheme so feeling torn.

Fuq Martell. We shouldn't mold our offense to him. Why are y'all on his diq so hard ? What makes you assume? How do you know Enos wasn't placing a focus on 3 to 5 drops because that's what we need the most work On?

Do you honestly think he gave Florida his offense in the spring scrimmage?

Come on now.

Oh, and Martell gotta earn his. This type of offense is built to attack all styles of defense. If martell can't Get it then, bye hoee. Y'all tweaking. That's what y'all get for ****tin on current Canes ro uplift a quitter. Foh
In Perry or Williams I trust.

View attachment 83542

I think Enos is an upgrade but I would have hired Briles point blank period! I don't know if he has the QB on his roster to succeed at FSU but he is an elite offensive coordinator.

Agreed. But, Enos IS using spread concepts. It's about the WR spacing and where the H and Y positions set up and what they do. He's basically running a spread (even Air Raid) from under center. That gives WIlliams the nod because that's what he's used to. Spread the OL more and run it out of the gun and this offense could be wild. I think you're right about running from under center to teach fundamentals and also to help disguise whether the play is run/pass.
Thank you. Someone who gets it.

Advertisement
I think Enos is an upgrade but I would have hired Briles point blank period! I don't know if he has the QB on his roster to succeed at FSU but he is an elite offensive coordinator.

We let politics get in the way of hiring Briles. In doing so he was hired to a rival team we play every year. That's ridiculous. That same conservatism is the reason the program is in the situation we are in now. Instead of making the best hire we make the safe one. The hire that will be good for PR. If we are ever going to be "back" we have to take some risks. Briles without a doubt was the better hire than Enos. There is no debate.

No he will lose his job thinking Miami will be able to recruit smashmouth players like Arkansas. If he tries to make us a smashmouth team we definitely won't get the south Florida talent. Who is the last team with a pro-style offense get to the playoffs? And are u saying it is a coincidence that 80% of top offenses no matter how u cut it are spread teams? UCF, Houston, Utah St are not top offenses if they run pro-style.

If the Canes win, they will get players. This idea that players won't come here because they will play in pro-style offense is nonsense. Didn't Calvin Ridley go to Alabama? Did Bama run the ball 300 times with Derrick Henry? We couldn't even run the football from the spread last season, but all of sudden if we go spread, we will be a dominate run team. Come on man.

Diaz could have hire anyone to run his offense. He didn't want a spread guy. He got the guy he wanted. And to answer your question about a pro-style team making the playoffs? Didn't Georgia and Alabama play for the title in 2017-2018?

We let politics get in the way of hiring Briles. In doing so he was hired to a rival team we play every year. That's ridiculous. That same conservatism is the reason the program is in the situation we are in now. Instead of making the best hire we make the safe one. The hire that will be good for PR. If we are ever going to be "back" we have to take some risks. Briles without a doubt was the better hire than Enos. There is no debate.

Those of us who look at yards per play would disagree with you about Briles vs Enos.

Fuq Martell. We shouldn't mold our offense to him. Why are y'all on his diq so hard ? What makes you assume? How do you know Enos wasn't placing a focus on 3 to 5 drops because that's what we need the most work On?

Do you honestly think he gave Florida his offense in the spring scrimmage?

Come on now.

Oh, and Martell gotta earn his. This type of offense is built to attack all styles of defense. If martell can't Get it then, bye hoee. Y'all tweaking. That's what y'all get for ****tin on current Canes ro uplift a quitter. Foh
In Perry or Williams I trust.

Did you actually read my post bruh? If so then you sure af didn’t comprehend it very well.

Advertisement
Back