TNM: Manny is FINALLY Getting Miami Caught Up

Advertisement
Advertisement
lets be honest richt is one got the powers that b to see that one Miami needed bigger support staff, he also was one showed them needed to put money into upgrading facilities and pay coaches power 5 money. Those things pre richt weren't happening. he got us the ipf and the dorms and he got Miami to pay coaches the going rate of power 5 school. Without him I am nto sure would be doing that now. Diaz is expanding on that and I expect Miami to increase its support staff numbers. That said without richt none of this is possible. His on field coaching and his out of touch offense aside he did things off field for Miami that go un appreciated by those on this board
U r right bout Richt, with his retirement he gave back $25mil to be used towards other coaches and let's not forget the N
New ACC channel will bring in a few more mil per year for more upgrades coaches or to show the BOT what sports can bring to the 80105

Wow! This thread is really good. I actually enjoyed reading every post and I don't usually read the long responses.
Keep it up boys!

This sht isn't rocket science. There are a lot of dumb coaches out there who are leading programs. The college coaching world isn't filled with geniuses. Guys get stubborn in their ways and won't budge in fear that somebody takes away from their thunder.

Manny has a chance to be successful because he will (hopefully) open up the program to ideas that CMR refused to embrace. Let's see if Manny doesn't mind bringing in guys who may be smarter than him when it comes to X's & O's. I can see Manny being a very good CEO and a guy who can sell the program from that height. He has an opportunity to fix a lot of what has been wrong here the last several years.

CMR is a perfect example of this.
Man all your rap sounds good ... hopefully it comes to fruition. But honestly, I have heard good rap game going all the way back to Coker. It was said that Coker was "the perfect coach because he was not looking for the next job." He would be here for the long haul and "continue to extend the Dynasty."

Man all your rap sounds good ... hopefully it comes to fruition. But honestly, I have heard good rap game going all the way back to Coker. It was said that Coker was "the perfect coach because he was not looking for the next job." He would be here for the long haul and "continue to extend the Dynasty."

I didn't like the hire when it happened with Diaz (Coker either). But I'm willing to give the guy a chance. I didn't give Richt any room for BS because I thought he was dead man walking. I just want to see somebody finally get it right, which means I'm good with just kicking back and fully supporting the hire. I didn't with the last guy and that sucked as a fan. It's gets draining always being ****ed off and disappointed with the program. Time for a change.

Advertisement
We can't be Bama (purse strings limitations) but have 8-12 Analysts is not out the realm of reality. You get folks to focus on particular regions and you have a game plan.

Advertisement
Can Manny whip up an effective offense is the question. It looks like his staff has the capability to produce a squad to be reckoned with... in 6 months we will have the result. We must be ready.

Advertisement
That's a lot to put on a first time head coach with a new offensive coordinator, breaking in a new qb, and going up against a team that will more than likely be top 10 with a seasoned coach. A win would do WONDERS for Diaz and the program, but I'm not declaring this a make or break game for Diaz.

Agree 100% with this.

I would love to beat the Gators by any means necessary. Whether it be by one point because Franks forgot who he played for, snapped the ball, and ran out of the back of their own end zone causing a safety or by a 100 point *** whipping after Tate Martell throws for 800 yards and our RBs each run for 200 (the latter would be my preference and much more enjoyable), I also don't think this is a make or break game for Manny. I think it matters more for recruiting in the short term rather than down the line. We saw how even Florida started off rocky last year and improved week to week. We have a whole new staff on the offensive side of the ball. These guys are learning a new system and need to gel together by Aug 31st.

The benefits of winning this game are monumental in comparison to losing it. But its how we win/lose this game. Florida ended the season ranked in the top 10, will probably be Top 10 to open the season and just recruited a top 10 class. To win, we need to go out there and light it up on O, D, or both (and STs). And we need to do it with some swag. Maybe a pelvic thrust or ten. If we lose, Diaz can show we're still headed in the right direction by showing improvement week to week. He says you typically see your biggest improvement during the season from Week 1 to Week 2. So let's see it.

U r right bout Richt, with his retirement he gave back $25mil to be used towards other coaches and let's not forget the N
New ACC channel will bring in a few more mil per year for more upgrades coaches or to show the BOT what sports can bring to the View attachment 80105
I agree he needed to make offensive changes to stay. He quit instead of doing that and saved Miami a but load of money but he also got Miami to pay coaches. He is one who convinced james and the boosters to pay assistant coaches going rates for years Miami was some of the worst coaching contracts in all power 5 richt changed that it wasn't just about walking away and leaving all that money on table. He showed them what it took to compete with Clemson, bama coaching salary wise to get real coaches here.

How many of you think that our poor Special Teams play impacted us much more than we (or our wondrous local media) ever discuss? We havent had a decent punter in 2 years, or great return coverage, or great returns without waiting on baited breath for a flag!

I pray Manny spends a lot of times stressing (and practicing) the importance of special teams because it felt like Richt and Hartley did not. Games are won and lost with those hidden yards and I hope TNM includes some attention to detail in that regards....

Advertisement
Back