TJ Storment - Grad Transfer OT

Advertisement
How is it not? It's the exact same situation, with a similar level of talent. Kid has terrible feet and appears unathletic on tape.
Umm Colorado State is actually a decent program that plays quality competition. Butler plays no one...
How is it not? It's the exact same situation, with a similar level of talent. Kid has terrible feet and appears unathletic on tape.
Well he started a full season at LT for Colorado State who actually plays quality opponents. Butler is a D2 program who plays no one. Storment is 6'7 325 and is a mountain of a man. Yes he's a little slow on his feet but he has power and can put DEs on there *** when he gets his hands on them. He will have a full season to develop as well. Hes far better then anything we got a LT

Umm Colorado State is actually a decent program that plays quality competition. Butler plays no one...

Well he started a full season at LT for Colorado State who actually plays quality opponents. Butler is a D2 program who plays no one. Storment is 6'7 325 and is a mountain of a man. Yes he's a little slow on his feet but he has power and can put DEs on there *** when he gets his hands on them. He will have a full season to develop as well. Hes far better then anything we got a LT

I guess I am not seeing what you see on tape. Kid is from my neck of the woods and just isn't very good.

Lets not forget that Oklahoma wanted Kennedy as well.

He may be better than Zion at this point in time, but it's marginally better. We will have the same results with a guy like this.

The only thing that will save this line is a new system and improved oline coaching/communication on the line.

Why is everybody yelling LT? How about we let Zion (who’s obviously more athletic) gain more strength/weight instead of benching a talented guy who in reality shouldn’t have been starting has a 280 pound freshman? Jesus some of you are dense.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I actually like him at RT because of the exact reason syou mentioned.
He's not great but Campbell and Nelson will look better in a new scheme, and maybe Nelson gets to redshirt as he should have this year, by pushing Campbell over to LT or even DJ Scaife.
It at least create some competitve and servicable depth, which could be said otherwise about Herbert, woof he swas bad when he was in.

Grad transfers are zero risk if they have decent character. They’re in and out.

Take any OL with a pulse and let them compete.

If it were up to me I would take 5 OL Grad Transfers. The only Miami OL worthy of staying put is Scafe. We literally have no one else to build up.

If it were up to me I would take 5 OL Grad Transfers. The only Miami OL worthy of staying put is Scafe. We literally have no one else to build up.

Zion has potential. kid was true fresh who should have redshirted and not played for 2 years. Give him a full offseason, if the kids busts *** in the weight room and new OL coach is any good, he should be decent next year

Advertisement
Worth a shot as a one year flyer....

At BEST he gets penciled in as a RT which would be nice if not he’s just a depth piece

If a kid has only played LT his entire career, it's not always an easy transition to the RT spot....or at least assuming a guy will be successful. Some do it well while others struggle.

The kick step is opposite. If you're right handed, your power hand is no longer on the inside to prevent the inside counter. Everything you've repped day after day for years is now different.

Advertisement
Why is everybody yelling LT? How about we let Zion (who’s obviously more athletic) gain more strength/weight instead of benching a talented guy who in reality shouldn’t have been starting has a 280 pound freshman? Jesus some of you are dense.
He should be playing guard

Sorry thats not true at all. All 5 of our o-line have a chance to get better next year minus maybe Donaldson (not holding my breath on him) . Cambell is a big *** boy and plays angry, add to that hes just a baby and might develop into a nice player down the road. Clarke showed lots of upside during the year. As bad as Zion played the poor kid should have never even seen the field and again were blaming him. Zion was forced into action when any one with an ounce of football IQ knows he should have red shirted and been given time to grow into his body. That kid gets a pass from me. Last thought and biggest issue was the system we were running which we all know now is out the window. bring in as many of these o-line from the portal and lets let them earn a spot. JMO .

Advertisement
Back