Tito's Final Thoughts

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Tito Benach's Thoughts

After all the letters of intent Miami got into their fax machine, Al Golden received a total of fifteen commits. Five of the commits are from Florida, and four of those five are from South Florida. To look at this class and call it bad or poor would be a tremendous injustice, as Miami addressed some of its key needs.

Miami got the two best safeties in South Florida in Artie Burns and Jamal Carter. These two guys will add instant impact to the secondary with the possibility of Burns being able to play both corner and safety.

Looking at the defensive line, Miami missed out on two big prospects in Keith Bryant and Jaynard Bostwick, which is some cause for concern. However, Miami landed Alquadin Muhammad from Don Bosco Prep who is arguably the top pass rusher in the nation. Alongside him, Miami reeled in Ufomba Kamalu who adds experience and a bit of versatility as he could fit in as a tackle or an end.

While the biggest miss in most eyes was Matthew Thomas to FSU, the linebacker group Miami brought in is surely talented and promising. JUCO LB Devante Bond will add experience, speed and strength to a front seven that is desperately in need of a pass-rusher. Bond will contribute early. Joining Bond is Miramar stud LB Jermaine Grace, who is one of the more talented and active LBs in South Florida.

Offensively, Miami got exactly what it asked for.

Quarterback wise, Miami couldn’t have done better. Kevin “Baby Jesus” Olsen is exactly the QB needed for Miami and one that could lead them to the promised land in the coming years.

While the Collins situation still remains unresolved, Miami landed RB Augustus Edwards who will be sure to contribute early as a power back, and someone that can complement Duke’s speed.

Without question, Miami’s biggest pickup today was four-star WR Stacy Coley from Northeast. Coley gives Miami exactly what it needs in an explosive, speedy receiver.

On the offensive line, Miami is looking to continue to build up front with guys who have massive amounts of potential including Alex Gall, Sunny Odogwu and Hunter Knighton. This will give Miami good depth.

The tight end position was one of Miami’s main concerns going into the year and they got two great prospects in #1 JUCO TE Beau Sandland and Louisiana's Standish Dobard. Sandland looks as if he can compete immediately and Dobard shows tremendous potential.

While Miami may have struck out with Thomas, Kirkland, Bostwick and Bryant. They addressed most of its needs in this class. To sum it up in a fashion most might understand, it isn’t Scarlett Johansson but it’s Katherine Heigl.

With all of this being said, our focus and the staff's focus now turns to the 2014 class. I want to end by thanking all of you for being members of CanesInSight. We look forward to providing more information and covering the 2014 class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Great post Tito....I am excited for the new season to start...with coley going up the top Cb' s everyday at practice, when season hits.. He will be the boss....

Advertisement
Thanks Tito! Brow gets all the pub but you're a rock solid contributor on this site (along with Cam)!

LOL at the summation at the end. I actually prefer Heigl.

This is definitely an offensive-oriented class, even without Collins. Blue-chip QB, number one FB in the nation, best receiver in the state, two stud TEs. The defensive players from 2012 (guys like Hamilton, Ivery, Terry) need to continue to develop so we finally have some balance.

The defensive players from 2012 (guys like Hamilton, Ivery, Terry) need to continue to develop so we finally have some balance.

If those three aren't mainlining protein powder & antler spray whilst being locked up in the weight room then we need to get someone on that immediately.

This is definitely an offensive-oriented class, even without Collins. Blue-chip QB, number one FB in the nation, best receiver in the state, two stud TEs. The defensive players from 2012 (guys like Hamilton, Ivery, Terry) need to continue to develop so we finally have some balance.

Are you drunk?

This...

katherine-heigl-nomakeup.jpg

Over this?

936full-scarlett-johansson.jpg

Surely you jest.

Advertisement

Are you drunk?

This...

131.jpg

Over this?

Surely you jest.

have to agree with you. Love me some Katherine Heigl but from what I saw she does not want to be ****ed like a dog, and Scarlett looks like she will **** you any style you please.

DMoney musta not never seen "Match Point". That chick is on a different level . She got the 3 Branches of Badness all covered. Adorableness, Gorgeousness, and extraordinarily ****able. Her bowel movements are probably arousing.

Advertisement
Considering how handcuffed we were this year I'm happy with the class, disappointed at first, but getting Coley really helped.

No doubt in my mind we have a top 10, possibly top 5 class next year. A full year of Coley/Mario recruiting and hopefully the NCAA investigation done with.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back