Tito Odenigbo is under appreciated

Advertisement
Willis was really good but joe Jackson, Jon Garvin , Jaquan Johnson clearly played at the highest level of any player on the field vs FSU on defense imo so that’s why pff can be flawed sometimes.

Tito was solid but no way was he better than the names I mentioned

Willis was really good but joe Jackson, Jon Garvin , Jaquan Johnson clearly played at the highest level of any player on the field vs FSU on defense imo so that’s why pff can be flawed sometimes
I agree but what I think Tito quietly had an awesome game

Advertisement
Advertisement
I honestly thought pink and Quan were great last night. Scheme wise fsu is the hardest team to play with all the formations. especially for the 2nd and 3rd level guys. Quan erased at least 5 plays last night. and when FSU was gashing us at teams on runs he erased a few HUGE plays potentiallu

Willis was really good but joe Jackson, Jon Garvin , Jaquan Johnson clearly played at the highest level of any player on the field vs FSU on defense imo so that’s why pff can be flawed sometimes.

Tito was solid but no way was he better than the names I mentioned

PFFs grading skews toward players that may not make splash plays, but are very consistent and "do their job"...over the long haul, players like Jackson, Garvin, etc. will rate higher because there will be enough splash plays with consistent snap to snap plays to rate well, but its not abnormal for role players to rate highly if they are really effective in limited snaps. I would wager Tito was great for his 20 plays...but someone like Joe Jackson or even Garvin made 40 good plays...why don't they rate higher? Well, there was likely some poor plays there, too.

Advertisement
Jaquan played really well yesterday. He made a few critical plays. Some of the tackles he made prevented some big gains by FSU.

PFFs grading skews toward players that may not make splash plays, but are very consistent and "do their job"...over the long haul, players like Jackson, Garvin, etc. will rate higher because there will be enough splash plays with consistent snap to snap plays to rate well, but its not abnormal for role players to rate highly if they are really effective in limited snaps. I would wager Tito was great for his 20 plays...but someone like Joe Jackson or even Garvin made 40 good plays...why don't they rate higher? Well, there was likely some poor plays there, too.
True but those both of those guys jackson had the most dominant performances Ive seen from a Miami de in years. Joe Jackson had 2(should have been 3 sacks) and a number of pressures and garvin had 2 sacks and caused another when pat bethel got one. It’s cool though our dline is balling regardless. Id say joe Jackson had a much better game this week than he did last week(in which he graded as the highest player in the country with a 95 rating or so)

Isn't it amazing what a difference having a grown *** man in the trenches makes.

Glad we reached out to him - still kind of salty Norton and McIntosh walked as Juniors.

Advertisement
He the reason we won he let that fvckboy frenchie have it for talking $h!t to him when terry scored before the half... The momentum changed soon as the stadium came alive again
That was one of my favorite plays of the night, cause one thing frenchness does well is ball placement, he threw that ball up high in a window right in front of redwine than talked trash to em, i said OK, wrong move, that's gone wake us up.

Than another play was when frenchness got sacked and pickney gave him the business while he was still sitting on the ground.

Also when cager finally caught that fade route, harley ran over their and stood over samuel's almost looked like this:

True but those both of those guys jackson had the most dominant performances Ive seen from a Miami de in years. Joe Jackson had 2(should have been 3 sacks) and a number of pressures and garvin had 2 sacks and caused another when pat bethel got one. It’s cool though our dline is balling regardless. Id say joe Jackson had a much better game this week than he did last week(in which he graded as the highest player in the country with a 95 rating or so)

Just trying to say, that game-to-game, you get some weird results like this with PFF.

PFF have been doing this long enough and have been consistent enough for me to trust them well enough. They aren't the be all and end all, but they are trustworthy enough metrics to get a feel for a player.

Sometimes, you just need contextualization, especially game-to-game.

I've always thought the next evolution for PFF was to create some sort of WAR type stat for football players which would normalize some of their data and provide that contextualization for players that play far fewer snaps.

Guys like Tito though, are a dime a dozen...thats not a bad thing. Its just the need for matured nose tackle types is just so few on a roster. You have one MAYBE two and the rest of your iDL is just guys that get the fvck after it. Just like Norton going to the pro game...NFL doesn't even need guys like Norton. Teams have room for MAYBE one of those types of one to two down guys and they will rarely play. College needs these types less and less, too, but there is a slight more of a need. As long as Tito comes in, and does his job consistently holding the line, he's going to rate well. Just hold the door and let everyone else do their thing and pin back their ears and attack.

That was one of my favorite plays of the night, cause one thing frenchness does well is ball placement, he threw that ball up high in a window right in front of redwine than talked trash to em, i said OK, wrong move, that's gone wake us up.

Than another play was when frenchness got sacked and pickney gave him the business while he was still sitting on the ground.

Also when cager finally caught that fade route, harley ran over their and stood over samuel's almost looked like this:

When harley ran over and stood over samuels i was like dayum yall used to be homeboys lmao

Advertisement
Back