Off-Topic Titanic tour sub missing

1687420388637.png
:LOL:

Advertisement
If anyone is interested, search alanxelmundo titanic on YouTube. A Mexican youtuber took this same expedition back in 2021 and has a 4 part series about his experience. I’ve only watched the first episode so far where he showed off the ship transporting them to the wreck site, but it has a segment with the CEO explaining the Titan. There is subtitles so easy to follow along if needed. Super interesting tho and definitely felt bush league when the CEO is explaining the different parts. I believe both the CEO and the other crew member lost were on this YouTubers expedition

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, search alanxelmundo titanic on YouTube. A Mexican youtuber took this same expedition back in 2021 and has a 4 part series about his experience. I’ve only watched the first episode so far where he showed off the ship transporting them to the wreck site, but it has a segment with the CEO explaining the Titan. There is subtitles so easy to follow along if needed. Super interesting tho and definitely felt bush league when the CEO is explaining the different parts. I believe both the CEO and the other crew member lost were on this YouTubers expedition
everyone is going to get sued here. given the damages, insurance companies, if any, are going to tender their policies.

but there are liability waivers, correct? i don't think you can waive gross negligence. paging @AlexCane @LuCane and the best lawyer of them all @Empirical Cane who operates Empy Law & Order P.A.

everyone is going to get sued here. given the damages, insurance companies, if any, are going to tender their policies.

but there are liability waivers, correct? i don't think you can waive gross negligence. paging @AlexCane @LuCane and the best lawyer of them all @Empirical Cane who operates Empy Law & Order P.A.
Yes there was and the youtuber talks briefly about the wavier in the first video

Advertisement
Has to be a Recovery Op at this point, right?
One article I just read stated "the Titanic resting area is littered with thousands of articles that are the size of the missing sub and just determining which item on the ocean floor might be the sub will be a major task that will take a lot of time". One engineer stated "there are 10 submersibles outside of the military that can submerge to that depth. The only one that IS NOT certified according to some engineering standard is The Titan. The owners refused to go through a certification process because it would have been too long of a delay. I would not get in that submersible".

Advertisement

This was in international waters. Whose law will apply?

Advertisement

Unconfirmed but reports of debris field
Found specific parts of the submersible ... rear cover and landing skid. Catastrophic implosion was the cause given. How about that ... a submersible that was not certified by any engineering body ... failed. The CEO declined to have the sub tested according to a set of engineering standards as it would have delayed his ability to use it for commercial activity. Seems to fit the standard for gross negligence regardless of waivers signed.

Advertisement
TrumpyCane watched a video of James Cameron talking about deep sea diving and exploring at those depths

Basically called the people running that company ******* retards
I read an article that several "names" in that "industry/hobby" had huge concerns over the CEO's personality and lack of engineering rigor at the company.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Advertisement
Back