Tired of making the same post

View as article
Oh good lord, you know what I mean. "Take a knee" is a general description of giving up, not just a literal description of an action.

The point is, we took a TO at 53 seconds AFTER A FIRST DOWN, and then aTm had an incompletion on first down and they took a TO on second down with 43 seconds left. So what changed from 53 seconds to 43 seconds that Mario couldn't be bothered to use one of his two remaining TOs to give TVD about 30 seconds to take a few shots at the end zone?

It was just the wrong decision under the circumstances, but we effectively took a knee. With a few more seconds on the clock, we would have fielded a punt and taken the knee ourselves, physically and literally, not just spiritually.
agreed. no complaints w what you said

Advertisement
A mesh of the two. Definitely needs to get more creative with spacing BUT you also can't sell that out and expose your hand. We need defenses respecting the run & fearing the pass. I'm sure it's gonna bore everyone but I'd say we need to run more two tight end sets for the purpose of the passing game. I'd like to see skinner utilized in the passing game far more often. He's the most talented option we have out there. I think only way any of this becomes options is if we test out options further down the chart in wr room. After a&m I've seen everything I needed to see out of Redding to know he shouldn't be on the field. Only ones I'm ready to say I'm comfortable with from a results stand point is x , key & breshard. Past that were gonna have to get creative. I've always felt decent about jacolby but after seeing his effort level against what he viewed as superior talent, I'm not gonna give him a pass again.
Give me more 22 personnel looks with what we got. Have 2 of Mallory/Arroyo/Skinner on the field. Have Knighton and 1 of Parrish/Thad on the field.

Split one TE out here, split both out there, have both in at other times. Have Knighton line up all over the place. One play he and the other back are split beside TVD. The next play we're motioning him into the slot. The next play he lines up in the slot and motions across the formation.

You can get as creative as you want. Knighton is a dangerous player in space and we aren't doing much of anything to get him the ball in it. He looked good this weekend running the ball between the tackles, but I want this kid split out wide with a backer trying to cover him. If the defense goes light, give the ball to Thad or have Knighton motion into the backfield and you have 20 different things you can do at that point to exploit whatever look you get.

agreed. no complaints w what you said

And I'm not mad at you, I'm just tired and frustrated, and especially mad at the idiot fan in front of me. And still trying to pass three days of brisket overload.

I joke, I keed, three days of brisket overload is first world problems. It was awesome.

But I did wake up VERY early Sunday morning for Franklin, waited in line for hours in a tailgate chair, then busted *** over to Valentina's (with 5 pounds of various Franklin takeout for the carry-on), only for them to run out of barbacoa when I was two people from the front of the line. I then spent half of Sunday at the Austin airport, where I did manage to spend time at the airport version of Salt Lick, getting back to my house in ATL between 1 am and 2 am on Monday morning...

Brrrrriiiiiiisket...

Advertisement
The fact that we're even having these conversations that Gattis needs to use more spacing, go uptempo etc is making me so **** angry. It's 2022! We shouldn't be clamoring for a **** spread offense at this point in college football. The only teams that haven't gone spread are Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois. What the fck are we doing?

Didn't Gattis learn under Joe Moorhead? Where are all the RPOs that got Moorhead a head coaching gig and Gattis hired by Michigan to upgrade their offense? ******* groundhog day with this program.

"Speed in space" my ***. Dan Enos sold us that same bill of goods.
Spot on

Bruh why aint there a SWFL cooking thread? Get your sht together man. I need them recipes.

@SWFLHurricane TRAINED CHEFS! The man is legit! The man is legendary, he knows every major restaurateur in Orlando!

Only man who knows nearly as many Orlando restaurant owners/managers is @24/7canes , and that's because he's worked in the SIN/strip-club industry...

Advertisement
Wasn’t saying yours was bad😂 just sharing recipes but I’m always open to new recipes! If you have any gnocchi suggestions I’ll take those
I made so much Gnocchi in my life it should be illegal. ALWAYS remember, that when you're making it, be sure to use warm potatoes....meaning, when you scoop out the potato, before mashing & then adding flour, for the Potato to be warm. If you let the Potato cool down too much, it will make them gummy. I make them for my GF alot...I do it 2 ways....(her Favorite) is to Saute them with Brown butter and sage....Mine, is saute them in a touch of Olive oil...then add a ladle of marinara & a ladle of Alfredo. (Pink sauce)

Last edited:
I made so much Gnocchi in my life it should be illegal. ALWAYS remember, that when you're making it, be sure to use warm potatoes....meaning, when you scoop out the potato, before mashing & then adding flour, for the Potato to be warm. If you let the Potato cool down too much, it will make them gummy. I make them for my GF alot...I do it 2 ways....(her Favorite) is to Saute them with Brown butter and sage....Mine, is saute them in a touch of Olive oil...then add a ladle of marinara & a ladle of Alfredo.

I am not joking, I've actually tried this on pasta (not gnocchi)...do the brown butter/sage saute AND THEN do the marinara/alfredo...

1663710708680.png

Advertisement
I didn't think anyone was uninspired. The OL played the best game we've played against an SEC-type team in 10+ years. Just fantastic overall.

The backs were excellent, except for the Parrish drop (which was an absolute killer, by the way).

TVD isn't as good as people here thought he was for beating up on a bunch of terrible teams last year. He's a good player, a good college QB, he's not great.

The WR's are who we thought they were. Can't separate, and can't catch. Not a single one of these kids will get a sniff on Sundays.

The good news? With an OL this good, we should be able to have much more success against weaker teams, which is what we play the rest of the season until we get to Clemson. It's also Game 3, so I expect the execution to improve as we move forward.

The bad news? The ceiling on this offense is very limited with the lack of playmakers on the outside and with the conservative nature of our staff. So, in weeks where the defense doesn't play its best, and/or when we face above-average offenses (UNC will be the first test), and we have to score to win, there's a good possibility we're going to be in dogfights because the offense just doesn't have the ability to pull away from people.

I still feel good about 9-3, but I wouldn't be shocked if we lost 2 games, aside from Clemson, that we really shouldn't, simply because the defense has a down day or we face a QB who gets hot, and we just can't keep up. I know I already mentioned it, but UNC in 3 weeks scares the **** out of me with this exact scenario playing out. If we win that game, I think 9-3 is probably the worst we finish. Luckily for us, I don't see very many explosive offenses on the schedule going forward.
I never thought of TVD that way. Was great against mush last year and is a good QB not great. I bought into all the TVD hype and now I’m back on the ground scratching my head. He was way overrated it is as simple as that.

@SWFLHurricane TRAINED CHEFS! The man is legit! The man is legendary, he knows every major restaurateur in Orlando!

Only man who knows nearly as many Orlando restaurant owners/managers is @24/7canes , and that's because he's worked in the SIN/strip-club industry...
@24/7canes asked El Pescatore's owner about me (showed him a pic of me from here) ask him what Tony said about me.

@Brooklyndee as if Coker was some recruiting savant or something. @TheOriginalCane name ONE quality FB player that signed with UM because of Coker??...You can't...but I can name a bunch we lost because of him. I will NEVER forgive him for firing Sarge and Kehoe to save his ***...and THEN hire replacements that weren't half as good.
Coker was the one who replied on site evals and rankings over our own staffers. People just didn't realize it till it was too late. Sarge had one of the best eyes for talent you'd ever find & Coker had him set up as a scapegoat from jump cause Sarge didn't respect him. But I don't wanna get into a **** on Coker thread either. I saw him recently and unfortunately his health is really deteriorating. Hope he can pull through.

Advertisement
@Coach Macho @Brooklyndee @SouthParkCane - A lot of the talk has been on Gattis the playcaller. I was wondering if any of you three have any thoughts on Gattis the WR coach from what you saw in spring, fall camp, and now the first three weeks. I think we all agree we need an infusion of speed and top end talent. That said, how is he as a teacher implementing what he wants these guys to do? He got a Vandy WR to All SEC, had the one year with Jeudy at Bama, and developed some guys at Michigan, but obviously we have not seen any of that translate here very early on.
I have zero issue with gattis at any level...

Coker was the one who replied on site evals and rankings over our own staffers. People just didn't realize it till it was too late. Sarge had one of the best eyes for talent you'd ever find & Coker had him set up as a scapegoat from jump cause Sarge didn't respect him. But I don't wanna get into a **** on Coker thread either. I saw him recently and unfortunately his health is really deteriorating. Hope he can pull through.
I heard that it was not good from Butch.

I made so much Gnocchi in my life it should be illegal. ALWAYS remember, that when you're making it, be sure to use warm potatoes....meaning, when you scoop out the potato, before mashing & then adding flour, for the Potato to be warm. If you let the Potato cool down too much, it will make them gummy. I make them for my GF alot...I do it 2 ways....(her Favorite) is to Saute them with Brown butter and sage....Mine, is saute them in a touch of Olive oil...then add a ladle of marinara & a ladle of Alfredo. (Pink sauce)
Thank you I appreciate the tips a lot!

Advertisement
Back