Tired of making the same post

View as article
I don’t think he’s good or bad. There’s really not much data out on him. It’s a mixed bag . I just know hes not adjusting the offense to players strengths like he said he would.
I wasn’t going to chime in but what the ****.

This statement is a bit contradictory to your scorched earth statements of the last couple of days. Were there some questionable calls by Gattis in the RZ. Undoubtedly. But looking at the rest of his calls, I thought he did OK. ****, we started a drive on our own 1 and drove it down their throats when many times in the past, we’s be punting out of the end zone. Granted, the OL (which I thought played very well) opened gaping holes (pause) and gave TVD vacation time in the pocket, but who called those plays?

We’ve all known since spring we were going to have issues in the WR room. Many were calling for portal additions but it just didn’t happen for whatever reasons. We’ve lost arguably our best WR and now JG seems to be out.

It was game 3 of the Mario era with arguably the best team he’s faced to this point. A completely new staff, trying to install a completely new culture with a completely new offensive and defensive system to 18-22 year olds. Whether or not Gattis will be successful is yet to be determined.

Going scorched after 3 games is a bit premature.

Advertisement
Gattis sucks.

Spread the field, heavy tempo, heavy RPO.

That’s what Miami needs.

The real fear is Tommy Rees was apparently Mario’s second choice.

The name Gattis might change, but the offense isn’t going to change until Mario changes.

Until then we are going to need a lot of 5* recruits to make it work.

I thought the two QB sneaks inside the 10 were atrocious. Gattis didn't trust any WR last night and I don't blame him. But again, Miami had the ball last to win the game.
Why do I keep seeing that Miami had the ball last to win the game?

They didn’t. They had the ball last to score a TD and get a 2 point conversion to TIE THE GAME!!!

I wasn’t going to chime in but what the ****.

This statement is a bit contradictory to your scorched earth statements of the last couple of days. Were there some questionable calls by Gattis in the RZ. Undoubtedly. But looking at the rest of his calls, I thought he did OK. ****, we started a drive on our own 1 and drove it down their throats when many times in the past, we’s be punting out of the end zone. Granted, the OL (which I thought played very well) opened gaping holes (pause) and gave TVD vacation time in the pocket, but who called those plays?

We’ve all known since spring we were going to have issues in the WR room. Many were calling for portal additions but it just didn’t happen for whatever reasons. We’ve lost arguably our best WR and now JG seems to be out.

It was game 3 of the Mario era with arguably the best team he’s faced to this point. A completely new staff, trying to install a completely new culture with a completely new offensive and defensive system to 18-22 year olds. Whether or not Gattis will be successful is yet to be determined.

Going scorched after 3 games is a bit premature.
I wish you’d gone with your first instinct.

Advertisement

Maybe I’m not crazy after all? As I said “ horrible concepts and setting kids up to fail. Watch the first play . That’s one example. Let’s talk ball not excuses or freaking yards. Thats just pathetic.

There was one play that was on #70 Justice in which TVD was forced to run for his life, one on bad Mallory block, one on the #21 dropping that crucial pass, one the two receivers missing the block and one on TVD on the last clip were he should’ve stuck it to Redding for a first down and he checked down to #21 for a 2 yard pass on 3&6.

The rest of the clips were all bad Gattis schemes and bad route concepts.

Advertisement
I’m basing this on what happened when he installed it at Michigan. They had some awful games early but got a lot better in the second half of the season.

This may not be the absolute best offense for this team, but I expect we will play much better as the year goes on. We will get much better even if he changes nothing. If makes a few adjustments, we can be dangerous.
This is our only hope

My man K9 😔. Nocando compadre. This thread is getting a little chippy and can use a sliver of levity. Unfortunately you didn’t bring that. Very intelligent and rational poster, not so much as a comedian. Ticket for 10 minutes with no CIS. Have a good day sir.

@PIPO Great eye. This was buried. Like finding a John getting a bj in a back alley of a busy city.

View attachment 208880

so this for me was like.... a red zone miss?

Because they are delusional thinking Lashlee scored every drive. They also believe he had subpar WRs performing well when we got to watch 6 and 8 drop everything 2 years ago. Even with "pace" and "spacing" it equated to nothing. Disregard all the 3 and outs ineffective run game and annihilation by decent opponents.
But 6 & 8 got open and were in position to make a play. It was easy to pin the blame on them and why they are no longer here and got benched the moment someone better came along.

Here, you can say the same in some instances with Redding and Parrish but they were 5-10 yd passes they were dropping. Poor and Wiggins were dropping deeper passes after being schemed open or beating their man.

Advertisement
When was the last time we played a 4 quarter game against a more talented team on the road? **** we still talking about Notre Dame and that was half a decade ago. We've gotten real high class all of a sudden. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Miami play a physical brand of football on both sides against an upper-tier SEC team. Was a joy to watch. Obviously wanted to win but I feel this is only the beginning.

Advertisement
That's been an issue since before Gattis arrived, though. A guy pushed out of OU came here and was our best WR last year and it wasn't close. Harley was a decent WR2 last year, but most of what he did was catch a bubble and YAC it up. Not a single guy from our current WR room was able to ever take hold of that WR3 spot last year, nor did anyone ever even challenge Harley for his spot.

When X is our best WR and it's not a debate, that does tell you where our WR room stands independent of the scheme.

I'm not a big Gattis fan, but our current WRs were mediocre before he arrived.
IMO, #5 Keyshawn Smith should move to the slot next game or double slot with Brashard in certain situations and give me Brinson in the outside.

But 6 & 8 got open and were in position to make a play. It was easy to pin the blame on them and why they are no longer here and got benched the moment someone better came along.

Here, you can say the same in some instances with Redding and Parrish but they were 5-10 yd passes they were dropping. Poor and Wiggins were dropping deeper passes after being schemed open or beating their man.
Lmao Pipo are you telling me dropping 20 yard passes is better than dropping 5 yard passes? Please don't tell me yes.

14EB9103-AA0B-46AC-AF81-B56C1EFFA388.gif

When was the last time we played a 4 quarter game against a more talented team on the road? **** we still talking about Notre Dame and that was half a decade ago. We've gotten real high class all of a sudden. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Miami play a physical brand of football on both sides against an upper-tier SEC team. Was a joy to watch. Obviously wanted to win but I feel this is only the beginning.
Lol at A&M upper tier SEC team...they lose 4-5 games every yr...that's not upper tier...Only Bama and Georgia are Upper tier...

I thought so but I don't think < 10 catches <200 yards would fall into that category for me. Wasn't trying to be funny genuinely asking.
I understand. My serious answer is you can look at the stats in black and white but they don’t tell the story when I can point out moments for all 3 young wr’s last year where you thought to yourself there’s something there in lashlee’s offense. That’s not fair to say?

Advertisement
Back