Tired of making the same post

View as article
We really have someone stanning for Tan Enos in here.

☠️
Im a Mario Cristobal, Kevin Steele & Charlie strong stan. A big fan of Gattis. He isn’t as accomplished as those guys yet.

Imma stay ten toes down though

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Gattis wasn’t the wr coach who would the fans be ripping after Saturday ? It wouldn’t be just Gattis. Steele has came in and instantly made the Lb’s look dramatically better. By putting guys in position to succeed and protecting them from their flaws.
Steele is incredible. My favorite hire. Comparing him to Gattis doesn’t make sense to me. Steele is a grizzled veteran who applied pressure to Alabama unlike any other coordinator in the 10s.

Charlie Strong was a head coach when Gattis was a GA.

On my end, I don’t have the same expectations. Not to mention our five dline coaches and the DB coach we took from the defending champs…The defensive staff has incredible accolades per staff member compared to Miami’s offensive staff. The offense doesn’t have anything comparable to DVD, Jason Taylor, coach O & Ed Reed

It’s a results business so fans can and will rip coaches / players after they lose. In 2017 wins quieted some coaching criticisms in the first ten weeks of the season. Even though there were glaring issues.

I believe Miami’s offense had/has less talent than A&M’s defense. When Gattis does less with more I’d feel like the doomsday talk would be more appropriate.

Last edited:
I don’t think he’s good or bad. There’s really not much data out on him. It’s a mixed bag . I just know hes not adjusting the offense to players strengths like he said he would.
We are three games in. The adjustments should come when resistance arrives. Even with the southern miss struggles, that team didn’t provide real resistance. A&M did.

Your point ala the passing game is the God’s honest truth so far.

But on the running game, he has done well. Rooster had his best ypc since UNC and it came against a much better defense. 4ypc is average/above average for the nfl, but poor for CFB. Before Saturday, I hadn’t seen Rooster run in between the tackles so well since Deerfield.

I don’t think it’s fair to say Gattis hasn’t coached receivers well, schemed bad passing plays and couldn’t land a good WR transfer. Then also say, the improvements in pass protection and the running game should be credited towards - K smith & Mario bringing in Parrish, mirabal/Mario improving oline - while not letting Gattis share some of that love.

^Haven’t read all your posts / points and you wrote it’s a mixed bag, so I’m speaking in more general terms in the last paragraph

Outside of the data, I agree with Macho that WRs were more open than our completion %’d would suggest. Almost completions doesn’t cut it though. To use a bball term it’s a make or miss league

Last edited:
Im also not sure Miami will face a better DB than Jaylon Jones all season.

Less than five years ago a player died under Durkin’s supervision. The market tells us he is one **** of a coach because he keeps getting raises and promotions in spite of that incident.

I don’t think he’s good or bad. There’s really not much data out on him. It’s a mixed bag . I just know hes not adjusting the offense to players strengths like he said he would.
We have perhaps our two best RB's out. We have failed at recruiting or developing the WR position and our only reliable WR is out, yet we controlled the clock and moved the ball well. TVD was throwing ducks, you want to blame that on the OC, fine, your call, but the OL gave him time to throw almost every time. Mental mistakes cost the game, the muffed punt, untimely penalties and dropped passes. Oh, and clock management was mind numbing at the end. Shall we blame Gattis for that as well?

Gattis has been **** on since day one. God forbid you question Mario on this board though. Let's go back to Coker as OC in the 90's, he was hated by fans, they wanted him gone. Then he has Dorsey and crew and he is loved. Wonder what the difference in his coaching style was?

You put our top RB's back, and yes, our current RB's are doing well, but you put in a game changer, you add a few stud WR's combined with what the line is doing then judge all you want. As someone noted prior, you go three and out more and see how well Steele is doing. We have seen that show way too often and it is ugly at best.

Advertisement
We are three games in. The adjustments should come when resistance arrives. Even with the southern miss struggles, that team didn’t provide real resistance. A&M did.

Your point ala the passing game is the God’s honest truth so far. But on the running game, he has done well. Rooster had his best ypc since UNC and it came against a much better defense. 4ypc is average/above average for the nfl, but poor for CFB. Before Saturday, I hadn’t seen Rooster run in between the tackles so well since Deerfield.

I don’t think it’s fair to say Gattis hasn’t coached receivers well, schemed bad passing plays and couldn’t land a good WR transfer. Then also say, the improvements in pass protection and the running game should be credited towards - K smith & Mario bringing in Parrish, mirabal/Mario improving oline - while not letting Gattis share some of that love.
Thanks man but tbh I don’t know what I’m talking about, I should’ve remained quiet like some other posters have. When you upset brilliant offensive minds like @Suhrthing you’ve messed up. Apparently I’ve said fire the guy and he sucks. I just missed typing that. My apologies.

Steele is incredible. My favorite hire. Comparing him to Gattis doesn’t make sense to me. Steele is a grizzled veteran who applied pressure to Alabama unlike any other coordinator in the 10s.

Charlie Strong was a head coach when Gattis was a GA.

On my end, I don’t have the same expectations. Not to mention our five dline coaches and the DB coach we took from the defending champs…The defensive staff has incredible accolades per staff member compared to Miami’s offensive staff

It’s a results business so fans can and will rip coaches / players after they lose. In 2017 wins quieted some coaching criticisms in the first ten weeks of the season. Even though there were glaring issues.

I believe Miami’s offense had/has less talent than A&M’s defense. When Gattis does less with more I’d feel like the doomsday talk would be more appropriate.
Our defense still hasn't been tested. We've faced an FCS team a bottom tier g5 team and a p5 with one of the worst offenses in CFB. Steele has shown that he is a major upgrade over whoever tf the last DC was but celebration is premature. I like the trajectory but I still have the same questions for the defense and we have liabilities on the field.

Thanks man but tbh I don’t know what I’m talking about, I should’ve remained quiet like some other posters have. When you upset brilliant offensive minds like @Suhrthing you’ve messed up. Apparently I’ve said fire the guy and he sucks. I just missed typing that. My apologies.
Why are you getting defensive lol. I didn’t attack your football knowledge. You replied to me. I guess it’s only cool to you if other people type long paragraphs and not me

I guess by your logic Macho and BrooklynD arent brilliant minds because my opinion is on the same side of the road as theirs (from what I’ve read on here)

Last edited:
Advertisement
well, that certainly wasn't 'the King of Offenses' on Saturday night...
Tell Lebron James GIF

@WaterburyCane

Our defense still hasn't been tested. We've faced an FCS team a bottom tier g5 team and a p5 with one of the worst offenses in CFB. Steele has shown that he is a major upgrade over whoever tf the last DC was but celebration is premature. I like the trajectory but I still have the same questions for the defense and we have liabilities on the field.
I think A&M quizzed us a bit. Not a midterm or final exam but there were some tough situations.

I celebrated the hire and celebrated good performances from the defense on Saturday.

Kevin Steele is very accomplished and I think he will do well here. He has a lot of recent success.

I don’t/didn’t expect Miami to go 12-0 or 11-1, even though i wanted that.

If he flops, Im capable of flipping my opinion as time goes on.

We have perhaps our two best RB's out. We have failed at recruiting or developing the WR position and our only reliable WR is out, yet we controlled the clock and moved the ball well. TVD was throwing ducks, you want to blame that on the OC, fine, your call, but the OL gave him time to throw almost every time. Mental mistakes cost the game, the muffed punt, untimely penalties and dropped passes. Oh, and clock management was mind numbing at the end. Shall we blame Gattis for that as well?

Gattis has been **** on since day one. God forbid you question Mario on this board though. Let's go back to Coker as OC in the 90's, he was hated by fans, they wanted him gone. Then he has Dorsey and crew and he is loved. Wonder what the difference in his coaching style was?

You put our top RB's back, and yes, our current RB's are doing well, but you put in a game changer, you add a few stud WR's combined with what the line is doing then judge all you want. As someone noted prior, you go three and out more and see how well Steele is doing. We have seen that show way too often and it is ugly at best.
Reread my 10,000 posts in this thread and others. I’m literally repeating myself to the same exact arguments.

Last edited:
Advertisement
well, that certainly wasn't 'the King of Offenses' on Saturday night...
My man K9 😔. Nocando compadre. This thread is getting a little chippy and can use a sliver of levity. Unfortunately you didn’t bring that. Very intelligent and rational poster, not so much as a comedian. Ticket for 10 minutes with no CIS. Have a good day sir.

@PIPO Great eye. This was buried. Like finding a John getting a bj in a back alley of a busy city.

1663679716105.gif

Why are you getting defensive lol. I didn’t attack your football knowledge. You replied to me. I guess it’s only cool to you if other people type long paragraphs and not me

I guess by your logic Macho isn’t a brilliant mind because my opinion is on the same side of the road as his
Because i‘m over talking about it. Evey time I move on i‘m blown up with twenty responses or smart *** comments. I’m living deja vu lol. Like I said I see why some folks just went quiet. I’ll do the same with this subject.

Advertisement
Gattis schemed players open on Saturday night. In fact schemed players wide open just in 4th quarter alone Redding was wide open TVD misfired, Mallory got wide open on a drag clearout route by the WR's Conoverted a first down, also RPO to Mallory got another nice gain.

Obviously the Parrish drop was huge where he was open.

Now if you want to argue Rob Likens is a better WR coach than Josh Gattis, 100%. Likens was a great WR coach, but his track record as OC stinks.

Also Repeat after me, Texas A&M has more talent than Miami. Their secondary is super athletic and talented. Even with guys out, they are long and fast. They brought in Bryce Anderson to ply DB he was flying all over the place. He ran a 10.48 100 meter in high school. What WR we have that can run like that? That's what stacking top 5 type classes does for your roster.

Cooper their LB was faster than Parrish.

It's a different system and yea TVD isn't comfortable in it yet, but it game 3. Another huge obstacle was TVD losing his best WR, leader, and comfort zone guy week of the game. That has an effect.

If the season plays out and we see the Gattis sucks, well I will be on board to get rid of him. I'm just not ready to fire someone after 3 games when it is a new system. The players had chances to make plays and win the game.
Why in THE FVCK do these guys in here keep talking about WR's not being open?
There were multiple plays Saturday where TWO guys were wide open.
Some of these were big plays...some were drops...and some were completely missed by TVD.

That's not what I implied at all. If that's what you took from my post it was unintentional - I thought I was agreeing with you lol.

The defense was mega inflated by the Aggies garbage offense. Their defense wasn’t super impressive either. But they tightened up in the red zone which is what you do these days. Now our red zone offense was steaming trash. You only run it on 3rd and 15 in the red zone if you are playing for the field goal or it’s 4 down territory. Be aggressive and go for it on 4th and 4 or whatever.

Advertisement
Back