Tired of making the same post

View as article
Lol that’s true enos lost love quick. Im more just speaking generally on how time distorts opinions. I rate Fisch and Lashlee in the same tier … Mario made great hires on O…but seems like folks forget Rhett brought in two of his own guys compared to Gattis bringing in none. coach Steele talked a lot about how important it was that him & strong spoke the same fb lingo language

Before Josh or Rhett coached any Miami games our fans were already planning for their replacements. Rhett proved them right with the smu job. i believe Gattis should be given more of the benefit of the doubt.

Jaylon jones is a real *** dude. Dj durkin has a strong *** track record. too early for some of this doomsday ****
A&M will have multiple All Americans on defense. That is the best if not 2nd best defense we will face. If week 8 or 9 we're scoring 9 pts I'll be first in line carrying torch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like Mario and think he will lead us back. again, I dont think hes gonna be stubborn w his offense esp when the man is the ultimate recruiter.
Agreed. I know Wario wants to win, even with his horrible clock management at the end. I still firmly believe that from Rad Dan all the way down to Mario and all assistants and even Ruiz...they want to win, and they know the game has changed.

This is no longer a give me 2 to 4 years and we'll get right type of situation....you have to show results now or be dammed. If not you fall into that issue where the elite Portal dudes, no matter how much $$$$$$$ will tell you to **** off.

Mario is a Beast on the Crootin Trail...and as others have said...he will be furious if he keeps getting told to get bent on WRs we want because of a ****** system.

UNC is a huge game. Like I've said, this current O is not designed for a shootout! UNC QB is really good...Defense is Trash...but you ain't settling for long drives to keep their O off the field and settle for FGs.

This video doesn't really prove much.
There's A LOT of player error on this video, and it's even pointed out by the commentator.
There's also quite a few plays where WR's were wide open and TVD missed them. The play that Smith gets drilled on, the inside route is wide open. That's where TVD's eyes should've been.

You know how football works, and so does the commentator. We know that not all calls are ideal, right? Sometimes the defense has a good coverage dialed up. So why are we over emphasizing the plays that didn't work, but not giving Gattis props for the ones that were wide open? (some of which were ruined by player error)

That video really didn't prove anything. 🤷🏻‍♂️
He's acting like every play is supposed to work and an OC is supposed to have the ideal concept called every single time. That's not real football.
The problem was A&M was sitting on a lot of routes , even the zone coverages the db’s were were shadowing the receivers, the coverage was perfect to routes. There wasn’t many holes . Especially in the second half. There was multiple times where the receiver got blasted because the routes were right into the teeth of the coverage , they just waited for the receiver to catch and blasted them.

As I’ve said I was told before the season guys would regress. It’s a difficult system to pick up to todays standards, he lacks creativity and he has tendencies that get exposed. That’s why Weiss was brought in , he’s was their J Brady. Harbaugh was also more involved , last year was sink or swim time. After 2020 he was dead man walking. Before last season Gattis‘s resume as a play caller was limited and unimpressive. One year made him a hot name. Before that fans wasn’t happy.

There’s a reason I came in here a week before the season saying I hope he implements some of Lashlees concepts and formations. Everyone knew the issue was wr back in spring. I know for a fact spacing makes a huge difference with getting guys open. Rhett schemed guys wide open all the time. From Rooster, Brevin, Mallory , Arroyo, Rambo , Harley and others over the last couple years. We got guys singled up in mismatches or 1v1’s because of formations , concepts and spreading the defense thin. Pressuring the seams / safeties. None of that I saw Saturday and not much before that. But I did see hundred drags routes to te’s and wr’s. Oh and multiple flea flickers.

A&M will have multiple All Americans on defense. That is the best if not 2nd best defense we will face. If week 8 or 19 we scoring 9 pts I'll be first in line carrying torch.
Gattis is our Doc Rivers…some mind boggling decisions, sticks to his script over adjusting in game too much, pressers **** off fans, early hair loss, but can coach better than most of the rest. Unless frank ponce is Ty lue, we gotta stick with what we got for now

I have no loyalty to him, if it comes crashing down it does and I’ll light a ****tail on fire (pause)…. But I really believe he is a good OC. Time will tell

Gattis is our Doc Rivers…some mind boggling decisions, sticks to his script over adjusting in game too much, pressers **** off fans, early hair loss, but can coach better than most of the rest. Unless frank ponce is Ty lue, we gotta stick with what we got for now

I have no loyalty to him, if it comes crashing down it does and I’ll light a ****tail on fire (pause)…. But I really believe he is a good OC. Time will tell
he hasn't been a good OC so far in his career. well see what happens come 10/8

Advertisement
sure and coaches have to put kids in a better positions to succeed. neither are doing it.
If Gattis wasn’t the wr coach who would the fans be ripping after Saturday ? It wouldn’t be just Gattis. Steele has came in and instantly made the Lb’s look dramatically better. By putting guys in position to succeed and protecting them from their flaws.

If Gattis wasn’t the wr coach who would the fans be ripping after Saturday ? It wouldn’t be just Gattis. Steele has came in and instantly made the Lb’s look dramatically better. By putting guys in position to succeed and protecting them from their flaws.
its what good coaches do.

funny how that works. 8 months isnt enough time though to develop a room (strong and Steele have done a fantastic job w that room)

I don’t think he’s good or bad. There’s really not much data out on him. It’s a mixed bag . I just know hes not adjusting the offense to players strengths like he said he would.

Advertisement
he hasn't been a good OC so far in his career. well see what happens come 10/8
2021-Winner-Announcement-1024x1024.jpg

Advertisement
cribby has been telling you over and over what happened in AA. you could ignore it all if you want.
I'm choosing to wait more than 3 games to feed my agenda. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for what Cribby brings to the board. I don't however take his word on actual football and let it formulate an opinion for me. I've seen him on both sides of the fence for Gattis tbh. I don't think he has written him off and I haven't either. I attended Umich so excuse me if I don't take one of their beat writers word as gospel.

Also, I refuse to believe the WRs are the main scapegoat here. You're telling me a competent OC couldn't get Key, George, Brashard, and Arroyo catches against Texas A&M's second string DBs? As someone who watches high powered HS and CFB football every single week.... BULL-freakin'-****!

I see other offenses will lesser athletes consistently get guys open. I know talent matter, so does coaching

Its not always black or white.

yes, we need some blue chip recruits, but the scheme can be more clever, at the same time

Advertisement
I don’t think it’s any coincidence you mentioned two of our most talented, bright young studs on defense were both 5 stars(Williams and Taylor). College football has always been more about the Jimmies and Joes, not X’s and O’s. That’s why this loss was so huge IMO because you’re never going to land those types consistently until you start winning these games. I feel like this years team is like a crazy amalgamation, or hybrid, of Mario and Manny. You clearly see the physicality, toughness, and size difference in all of our guys in just 9 short months. We’re also seeing the stupid plays, lack of execution, and boneheaded mistakes that plagued this team under Manny. I think the latter is going to be a loooong hard process for Mario to get fixed.

Gattis schemed players open on Saturday night. In fact schemed players wide open just in 4th quarter alone Redding was wide open TVD misfired, Mallory got wide open on a drag clearout route by the WR's Conoverted a first down, also RPO to Mallory got another nice gain.

Obviously the Parrish drop was huge where he was open.

Now if you want to argue Rob Likens is a better WR coach than Josh Gattis, 100%. Likens was a great WR coach, but his track record as OC stinks.

Also Repeat after me, Texas A&M has more talent than Miami. Their secondary is super athletic and talented. Even with guys out, they are long and fast. They brought in Bryce Anderson to ply DB he was flying all over the place. He ran a 10.48 100 meter in high school. What WR we have that can run like that? That's what stacking top 5 type classes does for your roster.

Cooper their LB was faster than Parrish.

It's a different system and yea TVD isn't comfortable in it yet, but it game 3. Another huge obstacle was TVD losing his best WR, leader, and comfort zone guy week of the game. That has an effect.

If the season plays out and we see the Gattis sucks, well I will be on board to get rid of him. I'm just not ready to fire someone after 3 games when it is a new system. The players had chances to make plays and win the game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back