Tired of making the same post

View as article
you dont think the WRs look better under L and L this year? I do. again, its weird that everyone in the entire room has the same issues outside of X and looks like ****? come on now. if you dont put some blame on their coach then who do you blame? the kids? ok so get them their guys. then if they have the same issues then what? oh. bad evals lol.
Outside of Rambo and Harely some, our WRs were all forgettable last year. Their forgettable this year. Smith flashed a handful of times last year, but nobody ever stuck out as a clear #3 or as a guy that we really had high hopes for moving forward. It's no surprise they still look like a mediocre unit this year. The main difference is our current scheme does them no favors at all.

I'm not saying Gattis is fine as our OC and is stuck with bad WRs. I am saying our WRs were mediocre last year, they are this year, Gattis is doing them no favors, and I don't like his passing concepts anyways. I get the goal is to recruit studs left and right, but his passing game looks like it literally won't work unless you get studs and that's not a good sign.

Advertisement
Outside of Rambo and Harely some, our WRs were all forgettable last year. Their forgettable this year. Smith flashed a handful of times last year, but nobody ever stuck out as a clear #3 or as a guy that we really had high hopes for moving forward. It's no surprise they still look like a mediocre unit this year. The main difference is our current scheme does them no favors at all.

I'm not saying Gattis is fine as our OC and is stuck with bad WRs. I am saying our WRs were mediocre last year, they are this year, Gattis is doing them no favors, and I don't like his passing concepts anyways. I get the goal is to recruit studs left and right, but his passing game looks like it literally won't work unless you get studs and that's not a good sign.
beyond him as an OC, I think hes doing a poor job as a recruiter and WR coach. again, I dont blame Mario here. gattis wasn't choice 1 as his OC or his WR coach. he hired a WR coach who left. he had other guys for the OC role. he seemed to want the OC to double as a QB coach to me

Because they are delusional thinking Lashlee scored every drive. They also believe he had subpar WRs performing well when we got to watch 6 and 8 drop everything 2 years ago. Even with "pace" and "spacing" it equated to nothing. Disregard all the 3 and outs ineffective run game and annihilation by decent opponents.
Isn't Lashlee the guy that called Inside Zone 890 times into the teeth of Clemson's Tite Front? And couldn't dial up a concept to get our WR's open versus man coverage?

Lashlee on his best day would not have had us running the ball like we did on Saturday night.

This video doesn't really prove much.
There's A LOT of player error on this video, and it's even pointed out by the commentator.
There's also quite a few plays where WR's were wide open and TVD missed them. The play that Smith gets drilled on, the inside route is wide open. That's where TVD's eyes should've been.

You know how football works, and so does the commentator. We know that not all calls are ideal, right? Sometimes the defense has a good coverage dialed up. So why are we over emphasizing the plays that didn't work, but not giving Gattis props for the ones that were wide open? (some of which were ruined by player error)

That video really didn't prove anything. 🤷🏻‍♂️
He's acting like every play is supposed to work and an OC is supposed to have the ideal concept called every single time. That's not real football.
Because it doesn't fit the narrative. Our last coordinator had guys open every play.

to me, the largest issue w that group is all of them are struggling w the same concepts.
This is why I always have said, that once Butch rolled out the Blueprint on Evaluations, Recruiting, development, and most importantly, putting together a Top Notch Staff....UM should never look another way Period. Follow that example, and you'll be just fine. Butch knew his weaknesses...he'll tell you that himself. But what you do to offset them, is to hire Top notch people under you, even if you might have a different approach than them.

Advertisement
Isn't Lashlee the guy that called Inside Zone 890 times into the teeth of Clemson's Tite Front? And couldn't dial up a concept to get our WR's open versus man coverage?

Lashlee on his best day would not have had us running the ball like we did on Saturday night.
None of that matters because of splits and pace is what I've been told.

beyond him as an OC, I think hes doing a poor job as a recruiter and WR coach. again, I dont blame Mario here. gattis wasn't choice 1 as his OC or his WR coach. he hired a WR coach who left. he had other guys for the OC role. he seemed to want the OC to double as a QB coach to me
Hopefully Gattis still has a hot enough name to find a HC job after this year, but I feel like Ponce just slides into the OC role if that happens and I worry about our passing concepts at that point also.

I will say this...

Maybe because the concepts are a little more advanced and brand new... TVD is suffering a learning curve.

He has to be. There's no other reason for him not seeing wide open receivers. He made some bad reads, not only Saturday night, but during the entire 3 games thus far.

That play where he got Brashard Smith drilled was an absolutely terrible read. He didn't see the DB sitting in the flat?!
A lot of high school QBs know where to go with that football.

I think we're seeing the result of TVD playing Quarterback in a more advanced offense. There's going to be a learning curve. And if he's a future NFL quarterback, then he should be able to perform in this offense. I'm going to bet after they watched film, TVD saw plenty of miscues and will improve on his vision next game.

This isn't Enos offense where all of the concepts are complete *** and nobody is ever open. There were guys open on Saturday.

Advertisement
I have a feeling that Mario will make some immediate changes in ref to coaching staff. Whether it be replacing, or adding at the yrs conclusion. To not do so would be suicidal.

how many points we score w those great stats we put up?
The game plan wasn't to spread them out and test them deep it was to win at the line of scrimmage and control the clock. In hindsight it didn't work but we didn't get embarrassed for a change which was my request. If you prefer the high octane air raid that didn't work either that's fine just don't try and convince me it was better.

The game plan wasn't to spread them out and test them deep it was to win at the line of scrimmage and control the clock. In hindsight it didn't work but we didn't get embarrassed for a change which was my request. If you prefer the high octane air raid that didn't work either that's fine just don't try and convince me it was better.
we were down 17-3 lol. we were plenty embarrassed. it just looked different. ATM did what they wanted us to do. we moved the ball well between the 20s and couldn't move an inch down in the red zone.

Advertisement
we were down 17-3 lol. we were plenty embarrassed. it just looked different. ATM did what they wanted us to do. we moved the ball well between the 20s and couldn't move an inch down in the red zone.
I thought we already agreed to disagree?

Advertisement
Every time there is a new OC people downplay the flaws of the last one. Fisch, Coley, Richt, Enos, etc.
they're all flawed to an extent. its about what you run fits what your roster is. enos was very square peg round hole. coley was trash. fisch I liked but got hired away. his QB recruits sucked though. Richt had like 4 plays from the 1990s lol.

anyways we dont necessarily run what best fits our current roster

Every time there is a new OC people downplay the flaws of the last one. Fisch, Coley, Richt, Enos, etc.
In all fairness I don't think anyone defended Enos lmao. His offense appears to be working in the B10 admittedly I haven't seen a Maryland game.

they're all flawed to an extent. its about what you run fits what your roster is. enos was very square peg round hole. coley was trash. fisch I liked but got hired away. his QB recruits sucked though. Richt had like 4 plays from the 1990s lol.

anyways we dont necessarily run what best fits our current roster
Mario, an offensive coach, should receive more of the fans’ blame for this. I don’t agree with the premise of it, but Mario waited until February for Gattis because he wants to run this type of offense now & forever. He isn’t like Manny who will change his position, necessary or not, on a whim.

Lashelee’s offense against A&M maybe would’ve won us the game, maybe it would’ve led to multiple 3 and outs that put the defense in bad field position

In all fairness I don't think anyone defended Enos lmao. His offense appears to be working in the B10 admittedly I haven't seen a Maryland game.
Lol that’s true enos lost love quick. Im more just speaking generally on how time distorts opinions. I rate Fisch and Lashlee in the same tier … Mario made great hires on O…but seems like folks forget Rhett brought in two of his own guys compared to Gattis bringing in none. coach Steele talked a lot about how important it was that him & strong spoke the same fb lingo language

Before Josh or Rhett coached any Miami games our fans were already planning for their replacements. Rhett proved them right with the smu job. i believe Gattis should be given more of the benefit of the doubt.

Jaylon jones is a real *** dude. Dj durkin has a strong *** track record. too early for some of this doomsday ****

Advertisement
Back