Tired of making the same post

View as article
***** it. Can gattis. Make Ponce the OC and hire Mickey Joseph as receivers coach. Can’t get much worse

Advertisement
EXCELLENT POINT!!! OC never took advantage of that!! This is not a Big Ten Team!! OC, please learn from last year type, TVD doesn't play well when you call a slow tempo game. The last OC tried that check with me crap and it didn't work. UP TEMPO is TVD strength!!
Doesn’t even have to run up tempo all the time. Speed up occasionally and keep them off balance. I think there were times they were gassed with our Time of possession and long extended drives we could have sped it up and capitalized.

Maybe I’m not crazy after all? As I said “ horrible concepts and setting kids up to fail. Watch the first play . That’s one example. Let’s talk ball not excuses or freaking yards. Thats just pathetic.

Rob Clore

5 hours ago
Zach I was on this last year when harbaugh interviewed with the vikings. The thought was here if he leaves gattis thought he was gonna be handed the job and Michigan made it abundantly clear he was not. He got all jaded and butthurt and ran to Miami. Then argued with Michigan fans online saying it was his offense when we all know it was harbaughs. Early last year when we started winning again I was like holy **** this is what we were sold 7 years ago when we thought we were getting Stanford Jim harbaugh. Now he looks like it's Jim harbaugh again. Gattis is a complete boob! I actually feel bad for Cristobal

Menace 2 Sports

Menace 2 Sports

·1 REPLY

Toven RG

Toven RG

5 hours ago
I remember calling Josh Gattis a Crooked Salesman awhile back for saying it was his Offense. I been skeptical of him since Day 1 when him and Mike Locksley was going back and fourth on who was calling plays for Alabama. Tried to tell Miami fans, but now It's becoming more apparent after him leaving Michigan, he was not running the Offense. If Mario is serious about making Miami an ACC threat, he needs to find a Legitimate Offensive Coordinator.

comments are serious yikes...

Rob Clore

5 hours ago
Zach I was on this last year when harbaugh interviewed with the vikings. The thought was here if he leaves gattis thought he was gonna be handed the job and Michigan made it abundantly clear he was not. He got all jaded and butthurt and ran to Miami. Then argued with Michigan fans online saying it was his offense when we all know it was harbaughs. Early last year when we started winning again I was like holy **** this is what we were sold 7 years ago when we thought we were getting Stanford Jim harbaugh. Now he looks like it's Jim harbaugh again. Gattis is a complete boob! I actually feel bad for Cristobal

Menace 2 Sports

Menace 2 Sports

·1 REPLY

Toven RG

Toven RG

5 hours ago
I remember calling Josh Gattis a Crooked Salesman awhile back for saying it was his Offense. I been skeptical of him since Day 1 when him and Mike Locksley was going back and fourth on who was calling plays for Alabama. Tried to tell Miami fans, but now It's becoming more apparent after him leaving Michigan, he was not running the Offense. If Mario is serious about making Miami an ACC threat, he needs to find a Legitimate Offensive Coordinator.

Locksley called the plays and Penos had a big hand in the game plans. That’s why Saban was mad we he ran to Miami. He didn’t trust him enough to run plays so Enos got butthurt.

Advertisement
We gave them 7 points.

Andy missed 2 FGs. I’ll even give him a pass on the long one bc of what happened before it. So right now it should have been 12-10. The play before - Parrish drop leads to 3 or 7 more. TVD misses Redding deep. TVD is late and doesn’t look the safety off on the Arroyo ball. Nobody blocks and that quick bubble gets blown up, when it should have went for 20+. We left 17 points out there bc of poor execution.

Again nobody said Gattis was amazing. But it’s a fact he did enough to win THAT particular game.
Doing enough to win isn’t the same as coaching a good game. A&M couldnt score on us or App State. Other good teams will and if we run this same offense, we will not win. In game adjustments could have been made to win that game. It was a missed opportunity by both the players who didn’t make the plays but also the coaches.

Rob Clore

5 hours ago

Menace 2 Sports

Menace 2 Sports

·1 REPLY

Toven RG

Toven RG

5 hours ago

nothing they said is false.

Also on January 25 2021, Michigan announced several other moves. Sherrone Moore (age 34) moved from tight ends coach to offensive line coach and co-offensive coordinator.

You can't complain about running the ball. Miami ran the ball Saturday night better than we have ran the ball in years. The problem with Gattis was the QB draws in the red zone. Now concerning pass plays.....how many plays did Gattis dial up that had open receivers that if they caught the ball, would have had 40 yard gains. Be fair, and show that. I dare you. Go find them. Don't respond until you do.
Only problem with that quote is he didn't call QB draws...

Advertisement
"The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him".

"Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers".

You can't be shocked when Gattis runs the ball inside the red zone and at the same time be highly critical of our WRs. So, you wanted Gattis to pass in the red zone. To who? Who was catching the ball? According to you, no one was going to catch the ball because the entire game, no one could make a contested catch.

The complaint against Gattis is that he ran TWO QB draws while in the red zone. That's the complaint.
12 personnel with Skinner playing X-receiver for the Jump-ball, and bring in Jacurri Brown for wildcat or jump-pass. should be on the play-sheet for red-zone.

I'll give Gattis a pass because he was going with what he believed would work based on practice and probably thought our WR could compete, but TA&M forced us to run in the red-zone by playing coverage. Less space in red-zone and everyone close to LOS was daring Miami to run; bend but don't break, and that's exactly what TAM did.

We had our chances but passes were dropped, balls were fumbled and field goals were blocked. I thought the coaches had our guys prepared to compete and the same team in year two of a rebuild would have come out with the W. You have to learn how not to lose these games on the way to becoming a championship team/program. There's no bucking the process and tough losses are a part of it. Our trajectory hasn't changed because we're facing a little adversity but you wouldn't know it from the state of panic within the fanbase.

I can't understand how anyone feels "uninspired" after how hard our guys competed. If the moment isn't too big and Tyreke secures that punt, Parrish catches that flare or Borregales hits a field-goal, we likely win the game. We were in position to tie till the very end and came up short in a game people calked us up to lose before the season started.

Relax y'all we need more talent to be championship-level, but our HC knows what he's doing.

Last edited:
Mario said 7 drops and kids running the wrong routes. Our problem is our fans think we have these elite wr's.
It was alot of failure to execute. we have upperclassmen making blunders. these kids have been coached by a coach and
have bad habits most of their careers, you don't fix it over night.
Most college teams don’t have elite WRs and they can scheme guys open.

We have skill players recruited by really good teams, it may not be elite talent but it’s enough to produce more than what we’ve seen from the pass game against So Miss and ATM.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Maybe I’m not crazy after all? As I said “ horrible concepts and setting kids up to fail. Watch the first play . That’s one example. Let’s talk ball not excuses or freaking yards. Thats just pathetic.

Knew Michigan fans weren't crazy about him and thought he was good when he had more help, but didn't know he lied about calling plays at Bama. That is really strange.

This man just legit does not like Gattis. And, I gotta be honest, this doesn't help your argument. Just running commentary as I am watching. I found there were more player errors in just this selection that I even thought going into this video.

First play was all Gattis (he also makes assumption about what coaching the players got and what they were told to do...for all we know WR cut his post shallow, we don't know and neither does this guy) and it was a bad play...but second play was all Cristobal considering it was a good play per this guy...third play, too (btw - he said two TE sets were all Harbaugh, and here Gattis is putting in multiple TE sets a lot in this game...just shows his bias). Two out of three plays were good playcalls and were praised.

Fourth play, Josh Gattis "can't get his players to block"...ok. This is stuff we can call a wash because none of us know what the blocking assignment was...but I'm not chalking that up to some sort of coaching error either. Fifth play...what looks like a dece RPO developing, false start on the offense, puts them behind schedule. Next play...the wheel route...but Keyshawn Smith is open underneath early on (bad play call or bad read? idk, and neither does he, but he blames Gattis on what could have been a poor route run by Parrish, too...I'll chalk this up to a wash, because we don't know what the playcall really asked for). He loved the seventh play call. Canes kick the field goal.

Next drive.

Sprint out, receiver doesn't close or TVD throws a ****ty pass, you choose. Next play, blockers stink and it wasn't exactly the best throw. Next play, straight man coverage, mesh to Parrish, who is wide open for what would put us deep in the red zone, dropped. From the 12, TVD throws an uncatchable ball into the 3rd row, but WRs aren't open either on the smash and 51 is wandering into nothingness leaving the end free to pressure...not a great playcall either, but execution issues, still. I'll call it a wash. Penalty puts us behind schedule. Double post (says its a good play call) and TVD puts into a aTm lineman's face and he even notes the WRs run ****ty routes. He says good run play, but pull guy misses his block. Play after that was just messy...no one is open and Redding gets his hands on the ball but no catch (poor call, poor execution of whatever the **** it was supposed to be).

4th Quarter plays...

All WRs are covered and TVD leaves the pocket to nothingness. Runs another sprint and this guy likes the sprint play. Play after is a bit of a mess. Guy in the video asks for the post...there is no post, but that also might be a poor route as well. idk and neither does this guy either way, its executed like ****, too, whatever it was. Next play, lil out to Mallory...bad throw by TVD, gave Mallory no chance to get up field and no blocking. Pivot route...WR ran that way short.

That was the video. A lot of things per his own words, and some of how I'd evaluate that with what little information we have.

Brother...there are more player related errors on that list than bad play calls. I'm not saying Gattis called a good game, there are several messy play calls in there...and I have said since the beginning it wasn't good, but look at all those player errors...and those are just the obvious ones. Missed blocks, penalties, poor ball placement, drops...and lets be honest, a whole lot of ****ty route running and dudes just not getting open.

Advertisement
I wasn’t high on the gattis hire but I thought he called a good game besides RZ of course but if we dont f up 2 fgs we probably win.

Also I think the transition this offense is going thru from last year’s scheme is showing, I think it’ll click sooner than later but it’s gonna take time. Im not too worried but **** that win would’ve been great for recruiting
I am curious how recruits are looking at this team. Whether they see opportunity or don't want to mess with it

Doing enough to win isn’t the same as coaching a good game. A&M couldnt score on us or App State. Other good teams will and if we run this same offense, we will not win. In game adjustments could have been made to win that game. It was a missed opportunity by both the players who didn’t make the plays but also the coaches.
I’ve made that point about 10 times now…

The route combinations for the trips receivers on the wide side of the field for the play from 9:34 - 10:35 in this video are just brutal. It created so much congestion and was just doomed to fail by design alone.

And as the commentator is describing about how the corner route for the inside receiver is a commonly featured alternative in this formation, that would at least give you an end zone shot on a 3rd and a mile where maybe your QB drops it in the bucket, it's placed where only the WR can make a play on it, perhaps you draw a DPI, etc. It at least gives you a shot at something meaningful.

Advertisement
Back