Tired of making the same post

View as article
They were bad, but that 4 man box we let aTm get away with is what has me dumbfounded.

Teams don’t run a four man box on prevent and that idiot coordinator for them ran it in the red zone. It was disrespectful and we let them off the hook.
Their third string DBs were better than our WRs. Different story if Rambo and X were on the field, but Gattis didn't have them.

Advertisement
Btw, the guy some of you said wasn’t good enough to be OC at UM is a monster in Buffalo.

i'm glad he is, but you don't take 12-14 million worth of money and hire a green OC in our situation it's just not happening.

now please don't de-rail the thread

Their third string DBs were better than our WRs. Different story if Rambo and X were on the field, but Gattis didn't have them.
FF0C4B8E-D1BA-4E1A-AF06-53FFC207D359.png

We were running it down their throats and called a speed option to the side where we had two blockers for three defenders.

What does that have to do with Rambo and X?

View attachment 208843

We were running it down their throats and called a speed option to the side where we had two blockers for three defenders.

You can't complain about running the ball. Miami ran the ball Saturday night better than we have ran the ball in years. The problem with Gattis was the QB draws in the red zone. Now concerning pass plays.....how many plays did Gattis dial up that had open receivers that if they caught the ball, would have had 40 yard gains. Be fair, and show that. I dare you. Go find them. Don't respond until you do.

Advertisement
Saying it was enough to win makes no sense to me. The muff happens in the first 5 minutes , saying that was enough to win if that doesn’t happen is saying the game plays out the exact same. That’s not how football or any other sport works. Coaches coach by trends , score , down and how late the game is. Jimbo doesn’t coach the same if it’s 10-3 or 10-6. He closed up camp offensively when it was 17-3. He knew we were cooked. So did we.

9 points is never enough to win a game and nobody believes that. Pre game or post. It’s delusional fans trying to find a positive. They were playing with their fifth and sixth string cb’s and we’re taking about a muffed punt lol.
I'm not sure how an offense that had nearly 400 yards of total offense (~40% increase from their season average at this point...nearly 100 more than App State did the week before) and five more first downs than App State had the week prior while having the ball for 35 minutes isn't enough offensive production to win a game against Texas A&M is difficult to understand...and the counter you propose is to not put a spotlight on the players, despite 6 registered drops (and I'd wager double that of actual drops), a muffed punt return, blocked kicks, and other issues of that have nothing to do with the playcall.

We can also have a discussion on TVD, because he's not playing his best football but he's earned a little leeway to let him figure it out.

You're focus on the muffed punt, but that was only one of a few handfuls (the most glaring) of player's making errors in the game. Not coaching...the players.

Gattis has his issues, but to disregard the play of some of our players when we both have eyes and saw what happened is wild. You're not being truthful if you're just saying Gattis was the only or primary problem.

I'm not sure how an offense that had nearly 400 yards of total offense (~40% increase from their season average at this point...nearly 100 more than App State did the week before) and five more first downs than App State had the week prior while having the ball for 35 minutes isn't enough offensive production to win a game against Texas A&M is difficult to understand...and the counter you propose is to not put a spotlight on the players, despite 6 registered drops (and I'd wager double that of actual drops), a muffed punt return, blocked kicks, and other issues of that have nothing to do with the playcall.

We can also have a discussion on TVD, because he's not playing his best football but he's earned a little leeway to let him figure it out.

You're focus on the muffed punt, but that was only one of a few handfuls (the most glaring) of player's making errors in the game. Not coaching...the players.

Gattis has his issues, but to disregard the play of some of our players when we both have eyes and saw what happened is wild. You're not being truthful if you're just saying Gattis was the only or primary problem.

Maybe I’m not crazy after all? As I said “ horrible concepts and setting kids up to fail. Watch the first play . That’s one example. Let’s talk ball not excuses or freaking yards. Thats just pathetic.

You can't complain about running the ball. Miami ran the ball Saturday night better than we have ran the ball in years. The problem with Gattis was the QB draws in the red zone. Now concerning pass plays.....how many plays did Gattis dial up that had open receivers that if they caught the ball, would have had 40 yard gains. Be fair, and show that. I dare you. Go find them. Don't respond until you do.
you gattis cousin or something? I can't wait till youre gone

View attachment 208843

on top of that, Rambo wasn't lighting anything up till TVD got in there. he was absolutely great for us but he still is an undrafted free agent. he wasn't an NFL talent. gattis has to change it up for the WR and QB to excel. it has to be done. posters in here w their heads in sand. again, if this were Manny y'all would be firing everyone.

Advertisement
you gattis cousin or something? I can't wait till youre gone
Why does this upset you lol. What's the big deal that I believe the problem Saturday night wasn't Gattis but the play of our WRs which severely stifled our offense?

on top of that, Rambo wasn't lighting anything up till TVD got in there. he was absolutely great for us but he still is an undrafted free agent. he wasn't an NFL talent. gattis has to change it up for the WR and QB to excel. it has to be done. posters in here w their heads in sand. again, if this were Manny y'all would be firing everyone.

Rambo and King found a rhythm against MSU, but I get your point.

For the record, I think the offense will click around mid season, but Gattis needs to do better now.

Why does this upset you lol. What's the big deal that I believe the problem Saturday night wasn't Gattis but the play of our WRs which severely stifled our offense?
ok thats fine. then blame the WR coach for the issues the WRs are having. the WR coach has been w them since the spring and the receivers have only been here for a season prior to that. we have to be fair about what were seeing. we would be if it Manny, golden, or Shannons staff. ****, we tore down richts staff pretty immediately when it was clear

Rambo and King found a rhythm against MSU, but I get your point.

For the record, I think the offense will click around mid season, but Gattis needs to do better now.
there's nothing ive seen based on what we run w the roster we have that will suddenly click. the previous offense was much easier for these kids to digest and execute. once we got an RPO skilled QB in there the lashlee offense took off. it was clear previous to that w king that it didnt look right and everyone on here said the same. im happy to be wrong but I think this scheme is very obviously a mistake to run right now. again, make it easier on the roster. install some stuff they can execute and go from there. you can install your offense as we go into the year once these guys get comfortable, get into a rhythm, and then sprinkle in your concepts.

Advertisement
I think you got me confused with another poster.

I’m critical of that option to the boundary because we were running up the middle so well. Parrish might have scored on that play if we went straight at them.

I haven’t said anything in this thread about red zone passing except we should target Brinson and Arroyo.

As some as said, UMs future depends on recruiting. Problem is the position we are most deficient in, WR , is also the position that we are not recruiting well.

We're stuck - the Gattis offense won't work without better WRs, we aren't going to get better WRs because they dont want to play in the Gattis offense.

As far as I can tell we are a long shot to land any of the top WR recruits so we are back to the old "diamond in the rough" prayers we always make when UM is lacking at a key position. I am concerned we'll be here again in two years, making excuses for the OC and saying it's not his fault he runs an offense that WRs aren't interested in.

ok thats fine. then blame the WR coach for the issues the WRs are having. the WR coach has been w them since the spring and the receivers have only been here for a season prior to that. we have to be fair about what were seeing. we would be if it Manny, golden, or Shannons staff. ****, we tore down richts staff pretty immediately when it was clear
Who's we? You have a mouse in your pocket? Coming into this season, I wasn't expecting a 15-0 year. I thought Miami would lose against A&M and Clemson. Two road games against teams with more talent than Miami. Did I think Miami could have won Saturday? Sure. They had the ball last with a chance to win. Do I think Gattis called a perfect game? Absolutely not. I HATED the two qb draws inside the ten. Hated them. Was I a fan of Mario's tempo? **** no. Hated that too. But the WR play is what lost the game. Too many drops. Drops that happened when a catch could have gone for a big play. Big plays. But again, I'm going to reserve judgment after more than three freaking games. And I think that's fair.

Advertisement
I think you got me confused with another poster.

I’m critical of that option to the boundary because we were running up the middle so well. Parrish might have scored on that play if we went straight at them.

I haven’t said anything in this thread about red zone passing except we should target Brinson and Arroyo.
Brinson was a non-factor like the other WRs. Arroyo, I agree with you. I prefer him over Mallory.

there's nothing ive seen based on what we run w the roster we have that will suddenly click. the previous offense was much easier for these kids to digest and execute. once we got an RPO skilled QB in there the lashlee offense took off. it was clear previous to that w king that it didnt look right and everyone on here said the same. im happy to be wrong but I think this scheme is very obviously a mistake to run right now. again, make it easier on the roster. install some stuff they can execute and go from there. you can install your offense as we go into the year once these guys get comfortable, get into a rhythm, and then sprinkle in your concepts.

I’m basing this on what happened when he installed it at Michigan. They had some awful games early but got a lot better in the second half of the season.

This may not be the absolute best offense for this team, but I expect we will play much better as the year goes on. We will get much better even if he changes nothing. If makes a few adjustments, we can be dangerous.

Who's we? You have a mouse in your pocket? Coming into this season, I wasn't expecting a 15-0 year. I thought Miami would lose against A&M and Clemson. Two road games against teams with more talent than Miami. Did I think Miami could have won Saturday? Sure. They had the ball last with a chance to win. Do I think Gattis called a perfect game? Absolutely not. I HATED the two qb draws inside the ten. Hated them. Was I a fan of Mario's tempo? **** no. Hated that too. But the WR play is what lost the game. Too many drops. Drops that happened when a catch could have gone for a big play. Big plays. But again, I'm going to reserve judgment after more than three freaking games. And I think that's fair.
so its on the WR coach right at least partly?

no one is expecting 15-0. not a single person said that here. we expect a competent offense specifically int he passing game. the passing game is absolutely horrific against a weak *** southern miss team you all excused and again against an average at best depleted ATM team. if this was the ATM team that was actually good, then yes we all chalked it up to a loss. nothing about that atm team is even above average. they're a 4 loss team again this year.

I’m basing this on what happened when he installed it at Michigan. They had some awful games early but got a lot better in the second half of the season.

This may not be the absolute best offense for this team, but I expect we will play much better as the year goes on. We will get much better even if he changes nothing. If makes a few adjustments, we can be dangerous.
but again, his offenses were trash there until Harbaugh hired a co-oc and took away some of his duties. its well known too

Advertisement
Back