Tired of making the same post

View as article
Advertisement
Route concepts were horrible and predictable. So of course they were blanketed. This isn’t a great receiving core but there’s worse guys putting up numbers because their OC actually helps them. Btw who coaches the wr’s here ? Hmmmm.
I called out the route concepts and spacing during the game day thread. Hes not adapting to his personnel or the defense.

"The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him".

"Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers".

You can't be shocked when Gattis runs the ball inside the red zone and at the same time be highly critical of our WRs. So, you wanted Gattis to pass in the red zone. To who? Who was catching the ball? According to you, no one was going to catch the ball because the entire game, no one could make a contested catch.

The complaint against Gattis is that he ran TWO QB draws while in the red zone. That's the complaint.
I have supported Gattis. The overall philosophy is sound, but he made some really bad play calls that killed any chance at getting in the end zone.

That speed option call to Parrish at the top of the screen on 1st down was ATROCIOUS! Just terrible and completely random. That play was dead before the snap and those calls are the ones that make me turn on a coordinator QUICK. They were in a FOUR MAN BOX! Just run up the middle. It was working and would have gotten at least four yards, more if the linemen could get to some of those secondary players playing so far off and to the perimeter. It was as bad a play as the muffed punt. Gattis can’t do that or he will be leaving and it won’t be to a head coach job.

Brinson and Arroyo need to be the primary red zone targets. I love the crossers but we are over using them. We need some more vertical plays to get one on one matchups downfield. Using the te deep down the middle will give the receivers more one on ones outside. We need to mix the pace, get plays in quicker, and let TVD audible. He needs to be allowed to adjust routes to the green grass. We need to run more curl routes against those soft cushions.

There are things I like about this offense and getting 400 yards on the road in front of 100,000 people is nothing to sneeze at. Still these guys have to be better starting with Gattis first. TVD and the receivers need to get better but I don’t want to see more of these score killing, dead before the snap plays.

Advertisement
I have supported Gattis. The overall philosophy is sound, but he made some really bad play calls that killed any chance at getting in the end zone.

That speed option call to Parrish at the top of the screen on 1st down was ATROCIOUS! Just terrible and completely random. That play was dead before the snap and those calls are the ones that make me turn on a coordinator QUICK. They were in a FOUR MAN BOX! Just run up the middle. It was working and would have gotten at least four yards, more if the linemen could get to some of those secondary players playing so far off and to the perimeter. It was as bad a play as the muffed punt. Gattis can’t do that or he will be leaving and it won’t be to a head coach job.

Brinson and Arroyo need to be the primary red zone targets. I love the crossers but we are over using them. We need some more vertical plays to get one on one matchups downfield. Using the te deep down the middle will give the receivers more one on ones outside. We need to mix the pace, get plays in quicker, and let TVD audible. He needs to be allowed to adjust routes to the green grass. We need to run more curl routes against those soft cushions.

There are things I like about this offense and getting 400 yards on the road in front of 100,000 people is nothing to sneeze at. Still these guys have to be better starting with Gattis first. TVD and the receivers need to get better but I don’t want to see more of these score killing, dead before the snap plays.
I didn't like the speed option to Parrish either but to say it was as bad as the muffed punt... lol common bro

As it should be.

I think this guy is a good coach, but he has to be better. Doing some good things isn’t enough.
right now hes the worst position coach based on results right now. in second comes ponce but we know the issue is schematic w the QB

Advertisement
I didn't like the speed option to Parrish either but to say it was as bad as the muffed punt... lol common bro

Yes. In my mind it is. You don’t call that play against a four man box with the defense leveraged to the outside. A simple run up the middle puts Parrish one on one with a db with a full head of steam. He might have took it to the end zone. We That call was the equivalent of taking a knee and destroyed any chance to put seven on the board.

Muffed punt gave them seven. That play guaranteed we would not get seven.

First drives often stall and end in three but give the offense confidence to punch it in the next series. We needed an answer and to make a statement with that drive and he called that bullshyt against that defense. Edit: that play happened on the first drive. Still killed our chance to take control of the game.

That play had a ripple effect that haunted the red zone offense all night.

Last edited:

I thought the two QB sneaks inside the 10 were atrocious. Gattis didn't trust any WR last night and I don't blame him. But again, Miami had the ball last to win the game.

Advertisement
Yes. In my mind it is. You don’t call that play against a four man box with the defense leveraged to the outside. A simple run up the middle puts Parrish one on one with a db with a full head of steam. He might have took it to the end zone. We That call was the equivalent of taking a knee and destroyed any chance to put seven on the board.

Muffed punt gave them seven. That play guaranteed we would not get seven.

First drives often stall and end in three but give the offense confidence to punch it in the next series. We needed an answer and to make a statement with that drive and he called that bullshyt against that defense.

That play had a ripple effect that haunted the red zone offense all night.
Common man it was a bad play but giving the ball to the other team and running a bad play on offense are not the same lol

I thought the two QB sneaks inside the 10 were atrocious. Gattis didn't trust any WR last night and I don't blame him. But again, Miami had the ball last to win the game.

They were bad, but that 4 man box we let aTm get away with is what has me dumbfounded.

Teams don’t run a four man box on prevent and that idiot coordinator for them ran it in the red zone. It was disrespectful and we let them off the hook.

Advertisement
Lol prior to hiring Mario it was widely know his offense would be a the huge red flag for be conservative or unimaginative

BUT feel free to blame the OC for Mario’s Oatfarce

DJ eats the space for the other dogs to eat. LT56 flashes then fades , that’s been his issue and why they try to motivate him with pt. I know you want to crown him now because you see two plays but the greats do that first quarter through the fourth. He’s going to be a really good one but he’s not there. He does need more snaps though .
That’s all I’m saying. He should be starting & getting more PT. But in my opinion I think he’s the best. We can agree to disagree though 🐐

Uninspired. That’s the feeling I had leaving Kyle Field. It’s not the right thing to say as the owner of a fan website, but it’s the truth. It was a boring game with a familiar result. Let’s get the obvious out of the way: it's early, this is a building process, and it's way too early to make any sweeping observation about the Cristobal Era. But this was a major missed opportunity to build momentum in recruiting and within the fanbase. Some specific thoughts:

- We paid too much money for nine points. Gattis is accountable for the end result, no matter how fluky (first team since at least 2000 to have 27 first downs and zero touchdowns). Our pace was puzzling to me. Is there a distinct advantage to going no huddle when we move so slowly?

- The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him.

- The past few years, and this weekend in particular, really hammered a point home: WR has become a Top 3 important position in football. Look at the Dolphins on Sunday. Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers. We should not miss guys like Rambo (undrafted), Harley (undrafted) and Restrepo as much as we do. This is Miami. The whiffs in the Transfer Portal really showed up on Saturday.

- Upon rewatch, I’m not as down on TVD. He played bad, but his degree of difficulty was off the charts. I thought back to my first time watching him at Paradise Camp. I expected a big, mechanical QB who would drive the ball but struggle to create. Instead, I saw an instinctive athlete who changed speeds and arm angles and thrived with a fast tempo. It feels like we are trying to put him back in that box with the slow-developing plays.

TVD is tough and will hang in until the last second to make the throw, but he should have more quick-hitting options to get in rhythm. It reminds me of Kaaya under Richt. There was a regression (and four losses) followed by schematic adjustment to get the ball out of his hands quicker. Those changes were in response to poor OL play, which isn’t really our problem. But they got results. I hope we see similar adjustments before the losses pile up.

- Some of our recruiting victories over the SEC showed up on Saturday. Jalen Rivers was moving people and is a huge reason for our improved running game. Leonard Taylor brings special interior rush ability, which is the best way to disrupt a passing game. James Williams missed a key tackle on the Achane TD, but otherwise was everywhere as a versatile weapon. We need more like those guys.

- The running backs ran hard and finished above their weight class. I was disappointed we didn’t have anything special cooked up for Jaylan Knighton in the passing game. He is our most explosive player and we need everything we can get.

- Happy for DJ Ivey. His game elevates when he tackles with physicality. The more he plays with a confident edge, the more he will finish at the catch point with length and timing.

- In general, this game looked very much like what we saw on Greentree. Struggles with downfield passing game, improved OL, strong DL, elevated DB play. For all the talk about Greentree All-Americans, the players generally play like they practice.

- Jacolby George needs to lock in. He’s clearly the most talented pure WR, but when Joe Rose asked Mario about him this AM the first thing Mario talked about was off-field reliability. This is a huge opportunity for George and he needs to seize it.

- Kamren Kinchens is playing faster every game. His football IQ is as good as it gets, and he is really starting to trust his instincts and pull the trigger.

- I like the way the pass rush is trending. We are 5th in the nation in sack percentage and a lot of people are contributing. That rush will lead to wins in ACC play.

- The most encouraging long-term sign is the OL. We looked strong against an SEC team and Mario is recruiting behemoths. If Miami becomes an OL program, it will raise our floor.

Overall, the improvements in physicality were apparent but we gave away a winnable game. Muffed punts, drops, penalties, missed kicks. Before the season, I expected a year like Mario’s first at Oregon or Richt’s first at Miami. That’s still the projection. This offense and pace will lead to a lot of close games where anything can happen. Time for the coaches to earn their money and make the necessary adjustments.

Wow. The first half of your post - is what I said too, but ****ed off a lot of guys.

I guess it's all in HOW you say something.

I am so TIRED of coaches who come in and just don't seem to have a "feel" for what's going on during the game! No intuition! Got a gameplan - and **** the torpedoes - we're going to stick with the gameplan - even as it turn to crap.

Yet again - we played to our opponent's strengths.

Oh, we have our own strengths - but they're not utilized - as they conflict with the "programmed" game plan and "concept."

It's really frustrating.

Advertisement
Back