Tired of making the same post

View as article
My concern is not what happened in game 3 of Mario's tenure. Its that what we've seen so far is exactly what everyone was worried about when it came to the Mario/Gattis pairing.

Mario has never been an up tempo spread guy. Its not who he is.

Thing is.. even Manny figured out he needed to run a specific type of offense and made a change. Will Mario?

Advertisement
Is it all gattis’ fault?
Is it all the receivers fault?
Is it all TVD’s fault?
Is it all Mario’s fault?

No to all. But everyone’s got a dog in this fight.

But I’ll say the guys who get to be exempt are the OL and the defense. That’s it. Everyone else take a lap
A Lap??...MFers need to run a 5K...

We got up to the line and did the hard count every single play. A&M didn’t jump a single time. Then did check with me and drug the play clock down.

We could have really caught them off guard snapping it quickly a few times and probably could have pulled them offsides a few times after that and get a free play and maybe luck up and catch one downfield.

Didn’t even try.
Agree. They did jump offsides at least once though.
EXCELLENT POINT!!! OC never took advantage of that!! This is not a Big Ten Team!! OC, please learn from last year type, TVD doesn't play well when you call a slow tempo game. The last OC tried that check with me crap and it didn't work. UP TEMPO is TVD strength!!

It's not Mario's fault your tired of making posts like this @DMoney. He wasn't responsible for past 20 years of mediocrity.

If you can't watch that game and see the improvements of the overall program not sure what to say.

We are way more physical.

We are more technically sound.

We tackle much better.

Only thing on team that isn't in sync is the passing game.

I expected more from @TheSwagger1 and @Cribby.

I went back and re-watched the game, and my main gripe is play calling in red zone, and special teams miscues. We could go hurry up and pick up pace a little more as I think it could help TVD rhythm some.

With that said, We mixed in some RPO, we went spread wide PLENTY of times. This narrative that we play the offensive game in a phone booth it's just flat not true. Gattis tried all kind of stuff. We ran read option with a rollout throw element for deep passes twice.

We went RPO to a screen. We used Lashlee little RPO dump flat toss to Mallory. We went wheel routes to both TE and RB, we used flea flicker.

We used jet motion, orbit motion, 3 wide to one side, 4 wide across the field. TE lined up backfield, TE split wide.

If Parrish doesn't drop that pass IMO the narrative would been different Imo. We would have had around 420 Total yards of offense and scored a TD.

Is this offense in his 3rd season as a college player better than Lashlee offense for TVD, NO he was comfortable in that offense.

BUt this offense can still be successful no doubt in my mind.

Oh and Restrepo was having no issues producing in this offense.
Pin this to the top.

Advertisement
Did you watch the All 22, did you see the play calls versus the coverage , did you see the antiquated route concepts , did see you rubs, stacks or motions into routes to help create space , did you see much space , did you see A&M sitting on routes in the second half because it’s predictable? We have zero space or creativity in this offense. Lastly using 7 as an example of his offense succeeding with the first two opponents shows how bad your argument is. Especially how bad the passing game was that day.

Maybe he adjusts and plays to people strengths but i‘m not delusional and know what I’m watching. The receivers aren’t great but there’s a lot more he could do to cause separation.

Btw Sorry I let you down man Lol.
Yeah you let me down, I just expected more than going scorched earth on an OC 3 games into his tenure. It's not that serious ha

Anyways what kind of question is did I see playcalls vs. coverage? You know I don't have all 22 tape, I'm just telling you we went more spread formations, and did have much more creativity than the narrative is. We used jet motion and orbit motion plenty, we spread field to create space. We used RPO to pull safeties up and tried one on one with key Smith deep down sideline, TwICE.

I went back to Duke vs. Miami TVD last game in Lashlee offense, and he there were lots of throws where their wasn't much space at all. Very little separation but Rambo made some outstanding catches. George made a ridiculous catch with man draped all over him. The narrative that there was all this space wasn't true either.

7 was going to ge successful in this offense and you know it. He works and is the leader.

Now what I think can make this offense better is pick up pace and use more RPO to throw slants to WRs and Te waggles. Also screens to WR's but they have to block better much better on perimeter on screens.

My biggest gripe with Gattis is his WR coaching moreso than his OC ability.

His WRs can't catch or block.

If these kids catch the fvckin' ball when it's thrown to them...
Don't commit costly holding penalties in the redzone...
And our QB hits a few more of his throws...
We aren't even talkin' about Gattis.

We out-gained them 392 to 264.
We basically ran the ball at will. When's the last time we ran the ball that effectively versus a good opponent?
We only punted 3 times the entire game.
I can't count at least 3 huge/costly drops off the top of my head that could've changed the whole outcome of the game.

You guys want tempo FOR WHAT?
Just for the sake of going fast?
I would rather go a little slower and get the right "check with me" call then to go fast and be wrong. (thus putting the defense right back on the field)

Not every call by Gattis is gonna work. Football doesn't even work that way. And the redzone calls were a little head-scratching. But there were PLENTY of good calls by Gattis where the kids simply didn't execute. There were tons of passing plays that were schemed open. On the long Arroyo catch we had TWO guys open. (Parrish was wide open)
Parrish was also schemed open on the big 3rd down play that hit him right in his grill.
The long Mallory catch was schemed open.
The long crossing route that Keyshawn dropped (it was a little off) was also schemed open.
The 4th down drop by Brashard was a perfect **** call. "Y Stick" to a slot WR that had leverage. Catch the **** ball and we're still marching down field.

Have yall forgotten how bad Lashlee's offense looked at times?
Inside zone.
Inside zone.
Vertical route.
Punt.

We show way more versatility on offense right now than we have in years past, especially in the running game.
I don't think yall realize how handcuffed we are at times with our lack of talent at WR.

I'm not ready to write-off Gattis yet.
There were plenty of opportunities to make plays and the kids didn't execute.
Mario said 7 drops and kids running the wrong routes. Our problem is our fans think we have these elite wr's.
It was alot of failure to execute. we have upperclassmen making blunders. these kids have been coached by a coach and
have bad habits most of their careers, you don't fix it over night.

We used RPO to pull safeties up and tried one on one with key Smith deep down sideline, TwICE.
They got a PI out of one. ****, on the one that missed, he was only slightly overthrown (though, yes, some say the diving one hand touch was a drop). At the 50% rate that it hit, they should have tried again.

Advertisement
If these kids catch the fvckin' ball when it's thrown to them...
Don't commit costly holding penalties in the redzone...
And our QB hits a few more of his throws...
We aren't even talkin' about Gattis.

We out-gained them 392 to 264.
We basically ran the ball at will. When's the last time we ran the ball that effectively versus a good opponent?
We only punted 3 times the entire game.
I can't count at least 3 huge/costly drops off the top of my head that could've changed the whole outcome of the game.

You guys want tempo FOR WHAT?
Just for the sake of going fast?
I would rather go a little slower and get the right "check with me" call then to go fast and be wrong. (thus putting the defense right back on the field)

Not every call by Gattis is gonna work. Football doesn't even work that way. And the redzone calls were a little head-scratching. But there were PLENTY of good calls by Gattis where the kids simply didn't execute. There were tons of passing plays that were schemed open. On the long Arroyo catch we had TWO guys open. (Parrish was wide open)
Parrish was also schemed open on the big 3rd down play that hit him right in his grill.
The long Mallory catch was schemed open.
The long crossing route that Keyshawn dropped (it was a little off) was also schemed open.
The 4th down drop by Brashard was a perfect **** call. "Y Stick" to a slot WR that had leverage. Catch the **** ball and we're still marching down field.

Have yall forgotten how bad Lashlee's offense looked at times?
Inside zone.
Inside zone.
Vertical route.
Punt.

We show way more versatility on offense right now than we have in years past, especially in the running game.
I don't think yall realize how handcuffed we are at times with our lack of talent at WR.

I'm not ready to write-off Gattis yet.
There were plenty of opportunities to make plays and the kids didn't execute.
GIF by Team Coco

Y’all are going to drive yourselves crazy. Say it with me: complimentary, high efficient offense is what Mario wants. He would probably tell you the only reason we were in that game was because we had 20 1st downs and held the ball so long. If we get one of those two FGs and convert one RZ possession into a tud, he’s absolutely vindicated in his mind. This is what Mario wants. Y’all can blame Gattis, TVD, WRs and whatever else until the end of time. Mario wants to control the ball, grind clock, and keep field position. This is who we are now
BORING BORING BORING....won't cut it in Coral Gables. VanDyke looks like he has cement in his shoes and we're back to clapping and looking to the sideline. Time to update your offense Mario.

Both can be true, Im hopeful, but a little concerned too. Regardless, I love the progress this program is making

My view is that in terms of explosive playmakers on the outside (or lack thereof) I believe that can only be remedied in the off-season

Yet I do wonder if TVD and Gattis are a great fit.
lol not w the way were recruiting at WR. say goodbye to any elite WR left on the board this cycle. we were already to **** off before the games started and the early results dont look good

Mario said 7 drops and kids running the wrong routes. Our problem is our fans think we have these elite wr's.
It was alot of failure to execute. we have upperclassmen making blunders. these kids have been coached by a coach and
have bad habits most of their careers, you don't fix it over night.
they're running wrong routes? who's job is it to work w them since spring camp? gattis. hes their position coach. again, if this were Manny staff and its his WR coach, we giving a pass or is it bc we all like Mario? I do think Mario will succeed but I dont know if we ever win a title w this offensive philosophy

Advertisement
Yeah you let me down, I just expected more than going scorched earth on an OC 3 games into his tenure. It's not that serious ha

Anyways what kind of question is did I see playcalls vs. coverage? You know I don't have all 22 tape, I'm just telling you we went more spread formations, and did have much more creativity than the narrative is. We used jet motion and orbit motion plenty, we spread field to create space. We used RPO to pull safeties up and tried one on one with key Smith deep down sideline, TwICE.

I went back to Duke vs. Miami TVD last game in Lashlee offense, and he there were lots of throws where their wasn't much space at all. Very little separation but Rambo made some outstanding catches. George made a ridiculous catch with man draped all over him. The narrative that there was all this space wasn't true either.

7 was going to ge successful in this offense and you know it. He works and is the leader.

Now what I think can make this offense better is pick up pace and use more RPO to throw slants to WRs and Te waggles. Also screens to WR's but they have to block better much better on perimeter on screens.

My biggest gripe with Gattis is his WR coaching moreso than his OC ability.

His WRs can't catch or block.
at this point, gattis has done nothing well as a WR coach. its his ******* positing group.

Did you watch the All 22, did you see the play calls versus the coverage , did you see the antiquated route concepts , did see you rubs, stacks or motions into routes to help create space , did you see much space , did you see A&M sitting on routes in the second half because it’s predictable? We have zero space or creativity in this offense. Lastly using 7 as an example of his offense succeeding with the first two opponents shows how bad your argument is. Especially how bad the passing game was that day.

Maybe he adjusts and plays to people strengths but i‘m not delusional and know what I’m watching. The receivers aren’t great but there’s a lot more he could do to cause separation.

Btw Sorry I let you down man Lol.
creativity? I disagree. we have the flea flicker. the only ******* play we have that creates any separation lol

they're running wrong routes? who's job is it to work w them since spring camp? gattis. hes their position coach. again, if this were Manny staff and its his WR coach, we giving a pass or is it bc we all like Mario? I do think Mario will succeed but I dont know if we ever win a title w this offensive philosophy
hey you want to criticize Gattis for his WR's. I'm fine with that, it's his group.
Nothing will change until Brinson and Brashard step up. those are the two guys that we need with George out.

Advertisement
BORING BORING BORING....won't cut it in Coral Gables. VanDyke looks like he has cement in his shoes and we're back to clapping and looking to the sideline. Time to update your offense Mario.
I’m sorry this happened to you, friend. This is the way for the foreseeable future. It would take a true lightning strike for Mario to change his entire philosophy

hey you want to criticize Gattis for his WR's. I'm fine with that, it's his group.
Nothing will change until Brinson and Brashard step up. those are the two guys that we need with George out.
we need to use 12 in space. use his speed and athleticism as an advantage. same w rooster. also, we got all these tight ends including a massively athletic one and he can't even see a snap in a game where we looked constipated, slow, and unathletic?

thank you. absolutely agreed. they all need big heart to heart right now to air it out. its gonna get ugly if they dont get on the same page imo. gattis Mario need to talk w the QBs and WRs and figure out what works for them to help them succeed. this isnt working right now. im also glad you didnt just call them trash like this site does. they're treating Melo, b Smith, George like theyre 2 stars. every major program in the country wanted these kids. I guarantee you they make plays in another offense too. they're not playing well but we aren't doing any of them any favors. I know our WR recruiting is pretty shot this year but hopefully next year we get back on track

Advertisement
Back