Tired of making the same post

View as article
Advertisement
I still can’t believe this ****. It didn’t make sense in any way. I don’t know how Mario can justify this decision. Worst case scenario A&M had to start a drive at their own 3 with their garbage offense.
literally that decision and stevensons dumbass decion were the worst two things I saw on saturday

Haha sad but true. There's a reason Mario has been criticized as a gameday coach. He does a LOT of things really, really well. But he makes decisions like this from time to time, that are frankly incorrect. It's a -EV play. It's not the right call, period. And it's a completely black and white thing. It's not a split second coverage type thing, it's something you should have in your back pocket. There should be someone in your ear telling you what the analytics say. Every single NFL team in the league has the percentages queued up as the game progresses. On the 3rd and 6, you're saying "You have 2 downs", etc. All the stuff we all know and hear every week. But when it's time for rubber to meet road, he goes conservative. When all things are equal, those small decisions hurt you.

Which is wild because he is aggressive by nature just from the way he recruits. You would think that would translate to on the field. Even if he does go for it there, they are pinned back against the goal line and flip the field. Crazy scenario of plays.

If we added up all the if’s and buts in here we’d have a marry Christmas. Our goose was cooked at 17-3 and everyone knew it. Mario included.

On this I will respectfully disagree.

It was 17-3 with over 25 minutes left in the game.

We had two scoring drives after that. If we scored TDs instead of FGs, it's a tie game. We had 2 other drives after that which did not result in scores. We've already discussed why it was a mistake to kick instead of go for a TD on the first of the two FGs.

We held aTm scoreless for the final 25-plus minutes.

I think our goose was really cooked when we completed passes of 3, 1, and 2 yards and took 2 minutes to line up for those 3 plays plus a FG. If the "look-at-me" is supposed to get the perfect play, why are we throwing short of the first down line (not to mention the end zone) three times in a row?

The 10 (or 11) plays that destroyed us:

1. Tyrique's fumbled punt
2. The three consecutive runs prior to our second field goal (momentum killer)
3. The three consecutive passes prior to our third field goal (momentum killer)
4. The aTm fumbled punt that we failed to recover
5. The final 2 passes of the game (momentum, drive, and game killer)
6. BONUS - the pass that Parrish dropped

Advertisement
On this I will respectfully disagree.

It was 17-3 with over 25 minutes left in the game.

We had two scoring drives after that. If we scored TDs instead of FGs, it's a tie game. We had 2 other drives after that which did not result in scores. We've already discussed why it was a mistake to kick instead of go for a TD on the first of the two FGs.

We held aTm scoreless for the final 25-plus minutes.

I think our goose was really cooked when we completed passes of 3, 1, and 2 yards and took 2 minutes to line up for those 3 plays plus a FG. If the "look-at-me" is supposed to get the perfect play, why are we throwing short of the first down line (not to mention the end zone) three times in a row?

The 10 (or 11) plays that destroyed us:

1. Tyrique's fumbled punt
2. The three consecutive runs prior to our second field goal
3. The three consecutive passes prior to our third field goal
4. The aTm fumbled punt that we failed to recover
5. The final 2 passes of the game
6. BONUS - the pass that Parrish dropped

Agree 1,000x

I really hope Mario & Co. are more cognizant on clock management, we did ourselves no favors, especially playing from behind

I’m not saying fire the dude , I’m saying he’s paid to put kids in better positions. Make the qb comfortable and play to his strengths. Or is he just married to what he does? I said before the season kids are having issues picking this scheme up and it’s an enormous change. I Know my boy @Liberty City El has remained quiet, maybe he’s busy.
I'm hoping Cristobal has had this conversation with Gattis. I didn't like the press conference today. It was all about what the players did wrong.

Advertisement
😂😂😂 this is funny

I just need Mario to change his offensive philosophy and the rest will fall into place. Oregon isn’t ****tt and had bigger issues than Mario

Watching Bama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio St over the past 5 yrs and their passing games is all you need to see that confirms if you don’t have a great passing game you aren’t elite

Sometimes you don’t even need an elite QB to do so, and can be enhanced with an elite play caller

😂😂😂 this is funny

I just need Mario to change his offensive philosophy and the rest will fall into place. Oregon isn’t ****tt and had bigger issues than Mario
Same way we laugh at other fan bases when they dont listen to us and they have to learn themselves.. sometimes you have to be real, anyway their post is literally about Mario philosophy.. lol

Same way we laugh at other fan bases when they dont listen to us and they have to learn themselves.. sometimes you have to be real, anyway their post is literally about Mario philosophy.. lol
They were kicking and screaming to keep Mario so that’s why I can’t get behind their message. I hope Mario is smart enough to see the writing on the wall

Advertisement
It's not Mario's fault your tired of making posts like this @DMoney. He wasn't responsible for past 20 years of mediocrity.

If you can't watch that game and see the improvements of the overall program not sure what to say.

We are way more physical.

We are more technically sound.

We tackle much better.

Only thing on team that isn't in sync is the passing game.

I expected more from @TheSwagger1 and @Cribby.

I went back and re-watched the game, and my main gripe is play calling in red zone, and special teams miscues. We could go hurry up and pick up pace a little more as I think it could help TVD rhythm some.

With that said, We mixed in some RPO, we went spread wide PLENTY of times. This narrative that we play the offensive game in a phone booth it's just flat not true. Gattis tried all kind of stuff. We ran read option with a rollout throw element for deep passes twice.

We went RPO to a screen. We used Lashlee little RPO dump flat toss to Mallory. We went wheel routes to both TE and RB, we used flea flicker.

We used jet motion, orbit motion, 3 wide to one side, 4 wide across the field. TE lined up backfield, TE split wide.

If Parrish doesn't drop that pass IMO the narrative would been different Imo. We would have had around 420 Total yards of offense and scored a TD.

Is this offense in his 3rd season as a college player better than Lashlee offense for TVD, NO he was comfortable in that offense.

BUt this offense can still be successful no doubt in my mind.

Oh and Restrepo was having no issues producing in this offense.

The RZ/non-RZ is cherry-picking. Our gameplan should have certain concepts we like against various looks in the "RZ" but that's just situational football.

Saying the scheme wasn't a problem because we moved the ball between the 20s doesn't make a lot of sense. We averaged 5.1 yards per play and 5.3 yards per pass attempt, that's absolutely putrid.

That tells you two very obvious things: 1) its easier to move the ball 5 yards when the defense has to defend more of the field, and 2)
aTm was playing a bend, don't break defense for most of the game and we played directly into that-- it's called "chip and kick" offense.

We did absolutely nothing schematically anywhere on the field to make them bend more than they were willing. If we had, we'd have average more YPP and YPA, and likely had a lot more success in the RZ because they would have to defend portions and paths to the end zone we were not threatening all game.

For any faults Lashlee had, he was very good about creating space anywhere on the field. I agree he was frustrating in the run game, but he would manufacture those yards by using bubbles and hitches against cushion, and taking the "free" yards. When we were in the red zone, guess what teams had to account for? That is schematic, and it was a failure on Saturday.

points matter, that's the bottom line with an offense

and good modern day offense can create explosive plays at least somewhat consistently

Advertisement
Arroyo, Skinner and the 3 amigos pls. We can fix this without having to wait until next year. Also this check with has to go. As it has been noted that is Enoesque BS. Skinner as WR has to be given a shot.

It's not Mario's fault your tired of making posts like this @DMoney. He wasn't responsible for past 20 years of mediocrity.

If you can't watch that game and see the improvements of the overall program not sure what to say.

We are way more physical.

We are more technically sound.

We tackle much better.

Only thing on team that isn't in sync is the passing game.

I expected more from @TheSwagger1 and @Cribby.

I went back and re-watched the game, and my main gripe is play calling in red zone, and special teams miscues. We could go hurry up and pick up pace a little more as I think it could help TVD rhythm some.

With that said, We mixed in some RPO, we went spread wide PLENTY of times. This narrative that we play the offensive game in a phone booth it's just flat not true. Gattis tried all kind of stuff. We ran read option with a rollout throw element for deep passes twice.

We went RPO to a screen. We used Lashlee little RPO dump flat toss to Mallory. We went wheel routes to both TE and RB, we used flea flicker.

We used jet motion, orbit motion, 3 wide to one side, 4 wide across the field. TE lined up backfield, TE split wide.

If Parrish doesn't drop that pass IMO the narrative would been different Imo. We would have had around 420 Total yards of offense and scored a TD.

Is this offense in his 3rd season as a college player better than Lashlee offense for TVD, NO he was comfortable in that offense.

BUt this offense can still be successful no doubt in my mind.

Oh and Restrepo was having no issues producing in this offense.

Both can be true, Im hopeful, but a little concerned too. Regardless, I love the progress this program is making

My view is that in terms of explosive playmakers on the outside (or lack thereof) I believe that can only be remedied in the off-season

Yet I do wonder if TVD and Gattis are a great fit.

Advertisement
Back