Tired of making the same post

View as article
You just gotta hope to God Mario isn't too stubborn to change, because it gets pretty ugly out here.

Would have liked for Cristobal to still have been at Bama when Saban had his coming to Jesus moment and scrapped that phonebooth bull**** football.

Advertisement
It was obvious and I’m not sure if those analytics even take into account how slowly and “methodically” our offense was moving the ball against A&M.

They do not. I mentioned this as well. They just look at down, distance, score, field position, etc. If you factor in that A&M's offense was as useless as **** on a bull all night, it's even more of a "go for it". You think they're going 96 yards on you?

They do not. I mentioned this as well. They just look at down, distance, score, field position, etc. If you factor in that A&M's offense was as useless as **** on a bull all night, it's even more of a "go for it". You think they're going 96 yards on you?
they're not. they had two drives total that went the length of the field to score. they weren't going down the field on us

I mean I wouldn’t bo so upset if gattis didn’t blatantly lie about adjusting his scheme to his players when he was hired lol
Snl Kill Him GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Advertisement
To me, this was the biggest coaching miscue of the game. No reason to not go for it here.
I wont argue that, but we were still within 30 yards of tying the game. Who ******* knows what happens if Smith gets his hands up a split second faster.

Bingo. So you ******* go for it on 4th and Goal from the god**** 4 yard line. It's 17-3 with the 3rd quarter winding down. You need 7's, not 3's.
This is the point in the game I knew we didn’t come to win. He just wanted to keep it close , not be the typical Miami blowout on the road. I posted after the game that me and some friends saw the same thing. It was a moral victory and that was the plan. He knew when he kicked that fg we wasn’t capable of scoring two td’s to win. All of us here knew and he knew.

Last edited:
This is the point in the game I knew we didn’t come to win. He just wanted to keep it close , not be the typical Miami blowout on the road. I posted after the game that me and some friends saw the same thing. It was a moral victory and that was the plan. He knew when he kicked that fg we wasn’t capable of score two td’s to win. All of use here knew some he knew.

Well, anytime you're on the road facing a really good defense, and you've scored 3 points in over 40 minutes of ball, and you're on the 4 yard line with a chance to make a 2 score game a 2 score game, you really gotta do it.

he wont be is my answer. go on keep defending a dude who needed an HC to intervene before he got his **** together at his prior spot.
great. So what are you putting on the line when he is here? You haven't answered that yet.

Advertisement
Well, anytime you're on the road facing a really good defense, and you've scored 3 points in over 40 minutes of ball, and you're on the 4 yard line with a chance to make a 2 score game a 2 score game, you really gotta do it.
Ironically @IndayArtHauz texted me “ am I crazy for thinking we were playing to keep it close“. I was like nope.

Advertisement
ATM could say that was an incomplete ball, could say they lost two guys after already being shorthanded. we didnt do what we needed to do. its not all gattis either, but **** at some point we gotta have an intervention and make it easier on everyone on the roster. we have some. evidence that 1. there is no secret playbook 2. the players that play dont function well in this passing scheme. were just a slow team overall. its miserable to watch too
Forgot about the huge incomplete pass we got away with. That and the targeting calls were really big things that bounced our way. I know we had things go wrong for us like people are pointing out, but our offense wasn't enough. I do think it'll improve though

The RZ/non-RZ is cherry-picking. Our gameplan should have certain concepts we like against various looks in the "RZ" but that's just situational football.

Saying the scheme wasn't a problem because we moved the ball between the 20s doesn't make a lot of sense. We averaged 5.1 yards per play and 5.3 yards per pass attempt, that's absolutely putrid.

That tells you two very obvious things: 1) its easier to move the ball 5 yards when the defense has to defend more of the field, and 2)
aTm was playing a bend, don't break defense for most of the game and we played directly into that-- it's called "chip and kick" offense.

We did absolutely nothing schematically anywhere on the field to make them bend more than they were willing. If we had, we'd have average more YPP and YPA, and likely had a lot more success in the RZ because they would have to defend portions and paths to the end zone we were not threatening all game.

For any faults Lashlee had, he was very good about creating space anywhere on the field. I agree he was frustrating in the run game, but he would manufacture those yards by using bubbles and hitches against cushion, and taking the "free" yards. When we were in the red zone, guess what teams had to account for? That is schematic, and it was a failure on Saturday.
No it isn't cherry picking. That's where the scheme/play calling actually struggled. Inside the 20s the struggle was on the QB/WRs - Idgaf if the scheme is making it more difficult on the QB/WR if the plays are there to be made - which they were quite a few times! They just didn't make them. All offseason we have heard about the problem at WR, how the staff desperately wanted a speed WR in the portal and whiffed, and how we are emphasizing recruiting Speed at WR... So nobody should be surprised when the big plays just aren't being made by the WRs. But there were some deep shots that were there and just missed - due to lack of execution. We missed like 2 open ones that could have gone 40+ yards. Hit those and what are our Passing averages looking like? Add 80 yards and you got at least 7 y/a. Oh wait are we supposed to act like over the first 3 games last year in Lashlees offense we didn't start off with a 6.18 y/a?

You guys are too busy just focusing on passing to realize you need to judge the entire offense as a whole. You can't just complain that the passing game wasn't as good as lashlees, when lashlees run game would have absolutely laid a ******* egg (this isn't even up for debate), and we would have repeatedly gone 3 and out with the actual performances of the QB/WR (talking accuracy+drops), and lack of actual playmaking going on. Now I agree Gattis should implement some concepts and pick up the pace a little bit. But I just dont think its as simple as Gattis has a bad scheme as yall say.

Some of yall are acting like we didn't drive all the way down the field methodically multiple times that game. Critical downs and situations are my biggest critique of Gattis right now, but TVD needs to step way the **** up.

This is the point in the game I knew we didn’t come to win. He just wanted to keep it close , not be the typical Miami blowout on the road. I posted after the game that me and some friends saw the same thing. It was a moral victory and that was the plan. He knew when he kicked that fg we wasn’t capable of score two td’s to win. All of use here knew some he knew.
Herbstreit and Fowler were disgusted when he sent the FG back out there . I really wish the receivers played better so people could focus on just how cowardly of a move that was .

Ironically @IndayArtHauz texted me “ am I crazy for thinking we were playing to keep it close“. I was like nope.

Haha sad but true. There's a reason Mario has been criticized as a gameday coach. He does a LOT of things really, really well. But he makes decisions like this from time to time, that are frankly incorrect. It's a -EV play. It's not the right call, period. And it's a completely black and white thing. It's not a split second coverage type thing, it's something you should have in your back pocket. There should be someone in your ear telling you what the analytics say. Every single NFL team in the league has the percentages queued up as the game progresses. On the 3rd and 6, you're saying "You have 2 downs", etc. All the stuff we all know and hear every week. But when it's time for rubber to meet road, he goes conservative. When all things are equal, those small decisions hurt you.

Advertisement
Back